“Great Location”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Mystic, Connecticut
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

A very nice hotel with the same fine standards of any of the Hampton properties. Nice big free breakfast, free internet, very friendly and helpful staff and a well appointed clean room.
The location is great. Near restaurants and shopping. We were able to get to downtown easily and over to Keene, NH within 20 minutes.
We will be back again next year for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Canton, CT, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

overall ok, hotel was full and very noisy wireless internet poor some cleanliness issues i would not recommend this hotel to family or friends this was by far my worst Hilton experience but still better than most other comparable chains.

Thank Martin W. K
Bulverde, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Nice large rooms, very quiet. We spent several days here and the stay was most pleasant. The staff was friendly, but not warm and engaging. The dining area was a bit cramped and noisy. Rooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints and no outstanding moments.

Room Tip: Room 403 large and quiet
1 Thank Emil F
CHINO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

this is one of the best places to stay while traveling. very confortable and the staff is #1 in customer service. it is close to the interstate and close to resturants and other attractions. recommend this location for families with small children or just a very nice place to rest.

Manchester, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I were in Brattleboro for a friend's wedding. We decided to make a weekend out of it and to enjoy Vermont in the autumn.

I found availability through Orbitz which indicated the Hampton Inn had a King Jacuzzi Suite available. I booked this a month and half before our trip. We chose the Hampton Inn because we had good luck with them in the past and I generally trust the Hilton brand to deliver great service and quality accommodations.

When we arrived we were given a room with 2 double beds and no Jacuzzi. I asked the clerk if they could fix this and showed her my reservation and she told me that they could not honor special requests from thrid parties and that I had received the room that I booked. When I pointed out the Orbitz reservation indicated a Jacuzzi and a King bed. She told me that because I booked through Orbitz that they did not need to honor that reservation. The clerk was quite rude from the very start of our exchange.

At this point I asked her to refund me the difference in price between the room they gave me versus the one I had paid for up front through Orbitz. The clerk refused and told me that I had paid Orbitz and not Hampton and that they could not refund me any money and that next time I should not use a third party to book a room because "this happens all the time".

I asked to speak with a manager but one was not available. I asked if the clerk could call her manager. The clerk went out back and returned a few moments later indicating that the manager said there was nothing they could do.

At this point I would have been ok with them simply refunding me the difference in price but each possible solution was shot down by the clerk and I ultimately canceled my reservation and chose to drive home to Connecticut after the wedding rather than continue to endure the rude and inconsiderate service at this hotel.

I must note that I travel for business pretty often and that I book air and hotel through "third parties" such as Orbitz all the time and never have issues with the reservations. I was flat out amazed that this happened and that the hotel was unwilling to do anything to make the situation better.

I will never stay at another Hampton Inn due to this experience.

Room Tip: Very indifferent and downright rude service
7 Thank THEPZS
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here for one night for business. Tried to check in at 2pm, but was turned away as the room was not ready yet. So walked next door to the Japanese/Chinese restaurant for lunch until my room was ready. Note there are TWO Japanese/Chinese restaurants of the hotel, one on each side of the hotel. One is called Panda North and the other one called Sakura. Panda North had better food but Sakura is much lower prices.

The price seemed a bit high for a Hampton Inn, but I guess that is expected during foliage season in VT.

The rooms are much bigger than other Hampton Inns I stayed at, but it feels a bit dark. I think they need to add a bit more lighting to the room. Bed was comfortable and the hotel was pretty quiet so didn't have any trouble sleeping.

Fitness room, TV didn't work and the lock doesn't work all the time, so it takes a few tries to get it.

I skipped breakfast as I had to leave at 5am, but coffee and cookies are always available by the front desk, which is nice.

Overall, I had a comfortable stay and would stay here again if I need to be in Brattleboro

Brattleboro, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I found the Hampton Inn in Brattleboro to be a great place to stay. I was there on business. Four of us went and we all agreed it was quite enjoyable. The facility is clean and quiet. The staff is friendly. The only bad thing I could say is the Continental Breakfast was not outstanding, but a free breakfast wasn't expected to be the best I've ever had.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Hampton Inn Brattleboro? Share your experiences!