“A home away from home feeling!”

Hampton Inn Brattleboro
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Connecticut
“A home away from home feeling!”
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I am ashamed to say I have been using the Tripadvisor reviews to book suitable hotels for myself and my family for three and a half years, but I have never posted a review! I thought it was time I did that. My two teenage girls and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brattleboro as our first stop this past Thanksgiving long weekend. As Vermont is pretty much "closed" on Thanksgiving day, we decided not to arrive on the 26th, but to travel instead on the 27th. This hotel does not have one bedroom suites, which we usually get, but it did have a two queen bed with pull out sofa suite, which we were able to book. There is only one of these suites, so the hotel did guarantee it for us. On Thanksgiving morning, I called up to find if we could check in early and they informed us that the room was not occupied the night before so we could come on over. That made a big difference to our day. The hotel was very "smart" for a Hampton Inn, with a real fireplace in the lobby. Check in was smooth and our room was lovely and well prepared. The housekeeping ladies happily gave me four extra towels. Every morning the gym and the jacuzzi seemed like our own personal workout space and spa! What a treat! The gym equipment was new with a TV on each eliptical. The hotel had recommended we go to The New England House for Thanksgiving lunch, which was really good. We also found the Putney Inn was a lovely place to have dinner. We left the following morning for The Hampton Inn, Burlington. The Brattleboro hotel was a lovely hotel and we would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Liked — It was smart and clean
  • Disliked — There are no one bedroom suiites in the hotel
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We stayed at here four nights so we could be close to the Keene, NH Pumpkin Festival but not pay Keene prices. It was an excellent choice. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and well stocked with linens. The hotel appears to be well insulated as our heater very seldom came on and heated the room quickly. We chose not to have our room made up daily but our housekeeper left clean towels by our door each day.

The hospitality area was clean and well stocked for the light breakfast they serve. There was a different variey of eggs each morning and I particularly liked the quality of the orange juice. It did not taste like it came out of a machine. In addition we could grab a sack to go with a bottle of water, muffin, breakfast bar, and an apple.

It is close to the Interstate but we did not notice any noise form there. Probably because of the insulation. There are plenty of places to eat near the Hampton Inn but we migrated to the Chelsea Royal Diner on Route 9 W in West Brattleboro.

We will defintely stay at Brattleboro Hampton Inn the next time we choose to stay in the area.

• Liked — Excellent value for the money and close to Pumpkin Festival
  • Disliked — Nothing. It had everything we needed
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evanjva1Usa
Chicopee, MA
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Decided to go away for the weekend with my wife for our anniversary. Made the choice to go to Brattleboro, VT as this is the city where we went when we were much younger : ) (about 25 years ago) as there was a bar called Flatstreet that was well known even outside of VT (we live in MA). This time up here we just wanted a quiet weekend to ourselves to go out to dinner and do some shopping and just relax. I booked the Hampton Inn as it was a fairly new place and also had whirlpool suites. The old bones, ok maybe not ancient here but the whirlpool fit the bill to relax them. First impression was fine as the check in was unhurried and friendly. We got our room assignment and headed to the 4th floor. Once off the elevator and heading down the hall, I could smell what was either too much cigarette smoke or just a dingy, musty smell lingering. This smell never seemed to go away throughout the trips I took down this hall. I didn't know if it was a non smoking floor or not but it definitely wasn't a pleasing odor either way. We get into our room and throw the stuff down to unpack. So if the smell in the hall wasn't enough, we find an unwanted item in the bathroom. Behind the door hanging on the hook was a pink female panty. How the cleaning crew could miss this is unbelievable. It made us wonder if the rest of the room was not picked up. (it was fine though as we checked everything). I spoke to the front desk about our unwanted item. The clerk's amazement was a sight to see. After that, things were fine but come on, do a walk through so you don't leave underpants for the next guests, ok? I also had found out before we started the trip that there was a nice steak restaurant nearby called the Steak Out. The desk said it was a 1/4 mile down the road. We found it fine and got there a short time after it opened which was around 4:45. We had the dining area to ourselves for a good time so that worked out great. The restaurant was a very nice casual type and the prices were midway. I'd go there again if in the area. Back to the hotel, the whirlpool was next. It worked which was a sigh of relief, lol. We had a very nice relaxing time. The next morning we decided to eat at the hotel as it offered the usual free breakfast items. One thing that caught my eye was the woman who made sure the food was available for everyone used her hands (no gloves) to handle the food. She may have washed them beforehand and I wasn't really concerned about catching anything but it did seem a bit out of tune with today's food preparation ways. I would think the management would make her use the serving utensil or gloves.

• Liked — Location (easily reached from highway), whirlpool room
  • Disliked — Finding pink underwear from previous guests still in bathroom, smoky smell in hallway
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
CT
Reviewed 6 October 2008

The hampton inn is nice enough- everything was super clean, staff was friendly, etc, but really, the only difference between this hotel and other "budget" hotels in the area is the pool/hot tub. And the pool is FREEZING, so i couldn't even use it. So, if you just want a nice clean room- you might as well book elsewhere for less money.

Otherwise, this hotel didn't do anything wrong- it was just a little overpriced considering the location and other comparable hotels in the area. I would stay here again if it was cheaper, and if their pool wasn't so cold!

• Liked — super clean, quiet
  • Disliked — not worth the price
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 20 February 2008

We just stayed there this weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Every morning we had a hot breakfast. The location was also a plus. Not far from shopping or down town. Also, not far from Mt Snow for skiing. We would stay there again.

M&D Ft Lauderdale, FL

• Liked — comfortable beds and pillows
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
Rockland County, NY
Reviewed 9 December 2007

This was not like other Hampton Inns we have stayed at. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express 2 miles south of this Hampton, which is a good deal, but I wanted to "go upscale" last year. Big mistake. On the surface, from the outside, and walking in the lobby, it appeared to be a normal Hampton Inn, but the room seemed shabby and run-down, and the price was VERY high for what it is, and very high for the semi-rural area it is in. The breakfast was "blah" and the orange juice seemed to be spoiled (yuck). The staff seemed unhappy. I would not want to go back to this hotel even if the price was cut in half.

We have stayed at Hampton's in the Buffalo and Binghamton NY areas which were extremely nice and well run and which we liked a whole lot more than this one.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 1 August 2007

I was impressed upon arriving. The cleanliness of the entire building is something you don't see at most hotels, and the woman at the front desk was terrrific. However, the advertised whirlpool was only a hot tub (no jets!) and the pool water was cold. My room was elegant and spotless, but it was 54 degrees in there and took a full hour to heat up once I turned the heat to ON! The wobbly toilet and the broken security latch made me uncomfortable as well, and though the front desk responded to my call with the appropriate concern, I was treated very rudely by the maintenance man, then by the GM the next morning. It is very sad to see such a beautiful hotel run by people who don't care about their customers.

• Liked — Front desk Staff and Cleanliness/Elegance of Hotel
  • Disliked — Maintenance of facilities and Manager Response/Treatment
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank biztrav_KD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Colonial Motel & Spa
Colonial Motel & Spa
#4 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Chesterfield Inn
Chesterfield Inn
#1 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Hampton Inn Brattleboro? Share your experiences!