“Best Fabric Store in the Country”

Delectable Mountain Cloth
Ranked #3 of 12 Shopping in Brattleboro
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Walking along Main street, I happened to notice this store and instantly had the impulse to visit. I was certainly not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to ensure all my needs were met and even helped me make some very good buys. This store is a must to visit if in the area. I have several beautiful scarfs at a very good price that will sustain my memories of this store.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Actually, the gentleman who wrote that the staff was rude was right. I was in there twice and had the same experience. The staff was very cold and unfriendly. On my second trip the woman behind the counter said,"What do you have in your hand there?" Turns out it was my umbrella.

1  Thank drivesalot24
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This shop is one big reason I moved to Brattleboro. On my first visit in 1986, I was stopped in my tracks by the gorgeous window display, and decided then that I wanted to live in the town that had a store like this. I've lived here since 2004.

I just visited the shop with my sister, who said that Delectable Mountain alone is worth a trip to Vermont. I could not agree more. The store is a fantasy of exotic and delicate materials and scarves, eye-catching jewelry, much of it very affordable. The antique items and the button and hat collections are museum-worthy.

1  Thank countrygirl128
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Anyone who loves fabrics will love a visit to Delectable Mountain Cloth. The store is full of exquisite natural fiber fabrics in a rainbow of colors. White, natural, and black fabrics of all types are also available, a thrilling discovery for those of us interested in dyeing and surface design. They also have scarves, jewelry, antique fabrics and lace, and buttons. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, and they are happy to provide information, inspiration and more of what you might be interested in. It is always fun to visit a store full of your favorite things and to see, touch, purchase and talk about them with other people who like them as much as you do. This place is a treasure and a pleasure.....

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This store has a really nice window display and a great selection of earrings, as well as other jewelry. It's always on my list of places to stop when I'm Christmas shopping because I know I'll find something for those people who "have everything." I've never bought fabric there, but they seem to have a good selection.