“coffee break”
Review of Mocha Joe

Mocha Joe
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were recently in Brattleboro and went to Mocha Joe's to buy coffee beans. Our son attends nearby Landmark, so it felt nice bringing some local coffee home with us in Massachusetts, a memory of a wonderful visit! The coffee is very nice. I also purchased a souvenir mug and I love it. It makes the coffee taste even better! If you are in Brattleboro, Vermont, and need a cup of coffee, Mocha Joe's is a nice stop.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The staff here is either phenomenal or attitudinal. Typical coffeebar, really. Excellent coffee with inconsistently warm service.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

In the absence of chain coffee options in B'boro, this local establishment shines particularly bright. Tucked in a semi-subterranean spot on a side hill, this funky, eclectic spot served me a delicious cappuccino and blueberry scone on a recent trip. The room is full of well-worn books, games and other diversions for their customers. It seems like a real hang-out spot for the locals, and I can see why!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

On our way from Jersey to Smuggs, we needed to stop for coffee. I always want to try the local places...not a fan of the big chains. My husband pulled this up on the iphone so we got of the highway and found our way there. This is the place I have been dreaming about but never found in my area. My husband's coffee - plain black - was so aromatic. And my café breve was artfully done. I loved the vibe. I think I could bring a book and read; meet a friend for a chat; or just people watch. Alas, I can not drive 6+ hours just for coffee so I will have to wait to return until we go back to Vermont in a few years. But, I will make this our coffee break!

1  Thank Christy H
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stopped by Mocha Joe's on my brother's recommendation and I must say that he was correct in stating that their coffee was fantastic. It had a good flavor and their Iced Mocha's were wonderful and even come with a Torani flavor shot. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank girleygrl4