“Great getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridgewater Corners
October Country Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is a wonderful inn run by a couple who aim to please. Arriving late afternoon we quickly changed and took advantage of the warm weather to swim in the pool and enjoy the fantastic view. The cozy common room with fireplace is a great place to relax as well as the front porch. The breakfast is wonderful and they serve some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten. Hoping to see Chuck's maple scone recipe in Bon Appetit some day.

Room Tip: An upstairs room would be quieter if you like to retire early and people are still enjoying the comm...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tripwizardry

Reviewed 19 August 2012

It has taken a few years, but I returned to this inn last weekend for the third time and was treated, more than ever, with the utmost care and warmth. Chuck and Edie run my definition of a quintessential B&B in creating a friendly, peaceful, immaculate, and pampering environment. Of the many B&Bs I have enjoyed, I also don't know of one where I have met more interesting breakfast companions either -- younger and older couples, weekending girlfriends, families with children. Though introverts like me don't particularly seek out new friends at B&Bs, the conversation just seems to flow over the scones we can't stop eating.

October Country Inn is a destination unto itself. Chuck and Edie are thoughtful, resourceful, fun, and real friends that I wish I could see more often. The grounds and gardens are more beautiful than ever. There are numerous inviting spaces, including the pool area, for quiet reflection time. I particularly enjoyed the front porch space this visit. Chuck's cooking delights as always. When we wanted a light, simple dinner, Edie's recommendation of nearby Brad's Crazy Side (I had carrot-ginger soup) was unexpected goodness. Our stay was too short -- I look forward to returning next summer.

Room Tip: My first-floor room (near the entrance) was roomy, well appointed and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at this lovely B&B - Chuck and Edie could not do enough for you - Breakfast was great and their homestyle dinner was equally good, and desert was awesome. Tea and cookies when you return from skiing is a very nice treat.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Stayed at the October Country Inn while on a bike tour with Bike Vermont. What a sweet couple that own this charming B-n-B. The breakfasts were delicious and generous as were the evening meals. Great location. Right across the street from Long Trail Brewery. Great jump off point for road biking. Close to some great skiing. Edie can point you in the right direction for great rides in the area. I highly recommend that if you stay here with Bike Vermont that you stay an extra night after the tour is finished. It would not be fun to finish a ride, shower and then hit the road home. We loved lingering one more day and heading home on Monday. All in all a great value. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Avoid the two rooms off the dining room. I would think they would be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed at this inn as part of a Vermont Cycling Tour, and it was the perfect introduction to Vermont—a state treasure! Accommodations are comfortable farmhouse bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. Tea, soft drinks, and homemade cookies are always available, and there is a lovely front porch to sit and enjoy them. The décor features work by local artisans, including innkeeper Edie herself, who is a talented quilter. The food was truly outstanding, including scrumptious scones and light-as-air pancakes at breakfast and themed dinners—we had French and Italian, beautifully prepared and served family-style. We enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Joanne T
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My wife and I just returned from two nights at the October Country Inn.
This was our first time staying at a B&B so we weren't sure if we would like the experience but it was great.

The room was very clean and inviting as was the rest of the inn.
Inn keepers, Edith and Chuck were wonderful and a pleasure to converse with.
We went there to bike but almost didn't get it in because of the weather, then the sun came out on Saturday giving us all the time we needed. Chuck set us up with a map of the bike route and off we went. When we returned, we went across the street to the brewery for some great beer.

Bottom line, I would highly recommend the October Country Inn. Especially if you haven't stayed at one before, you might as well stay at the best.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dougmess
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We had a blissful 2 nights stay at Chuck and Edies charming bed and breakfast. Spotlessly clean, with all the comforts of home. They are great hosts and a mine of historical information about the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to October Country Inn? Share your experiences!