This is a wonderful inn run by a couple who aim to please. Arriving late afternoon we quickly changed and took advantage of the warm weather to swim in the pool and enjoy the fantastic view. The cozy common room with fireplace is a great place to relax as well as the front porch. The breakfast is wonderful and they serve some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten. Hoping to see Chuck's maple scone recipe in Bon Appetit some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the last 40 years October Country Inn can be found alongside this quiet side road near Route 4 about halfway between Woodstock and Killington. We can not be found under listings for Woodstock or Kilington, We are a well kept secret. You get all the advantages these towns have to offer without having to endure what you came to Vermont to escape. Our accommodations include ten guest rooms, large dinning, meeting or game rooms, a spacious living room scattered with overstuffed furniture where, if its cool, a fire always crackles in the fireplace. We have plenty of games, puzzles, and books. And we're willing partners for a little idle conversation if you're inclined. We are country living at its most relaxed and enjoyable. Join us won't you? ... more less
- Also Known As:
- October Country Hotel Bridgewater Corners
- Country Inn Bridgewater Corners
- Bridgewater Corners Country Inn
- October Country Inn Bridgewater Corners, Vermont