I Stayed that the October County Inn while attending a family wedding. There were several different family members staying at the Inn at the same time.
The hosts, Edie and Chuck, were helpful with various family logistics, such as coming up with suggested activities and destinations to keep the divergent family members amused.
The rooms were decorated in a fashion cute enough to delight the ladies without being too cute for the men. The meals were good with something that all the various meat eaters and vegans could eat.
There is a brew pub within walking distance. The town of Woodstock down the the road makes for a great walking visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the last 40 years October Country Inn can be found alongside this quiet side road near Route 4 about halfway between Woodstock and Killington. We can not be found under listings for Woodstock or Kilington, We are a well kept secret. You get all the advantages these towns have to offer without having to endure what you came to Vermont to escape. Our accommodations include ten guest rooms, large dinning, meeting or game rooms, a spacious living room scattered with overstuffed furniture where, if its cool, a fire always crackles in the fireplace. We have plenty of games, puzzles, and books. And we're willing partners for a little idle conversation if you're inclined. We are country living at its most relaxed and enjoyable. Join us won't you? ... more less
- Also Known As:
- October Country Hotel Bridgewater Corners
- Country Inn Bridgewater Corners
- Bridgewater Corners Country Inn
- October Country Inn Bridgewater Corners, Vermont