“Laid back, fun and delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Inn at Baldwin Creek Cooking Classes
stowe, VT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Laid back, fun and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I've taken many cooking classes in New England (Healthy Living in Burlington, Stonewall Kitchen in Maine, etc.) and my experiences at Mary's have easily been the best... I've been back 4 times and plan to keep on returning.

The classes are usually around 10-14 people and they make sure everyone gets to take part... or, if you just want to watch, you can do that too! This is what makes the classes so great, the chef and his helpers are very friendly and laid back and really seem to enjoy sharing their knowledge of cooking and their local farm to table values. Questions are encouraged.

If you go in the late spring or summer, your class will most likely include a tour of their wonderful gardens. They grow most all of their own herbs, greens, and veggies used in their restaurant, and the pride in their product shows.

The classes are 3 and a half hours long and include a great meal of the things you've created served with wine! (and printouts of the recipes you made, usually at least 3 dishes and a dessert) Classes run from 11:30 to 3:00. The cost is $75 per person. Two students booking the same cooking class at the same time: $140.

Allez Cuisine!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank workroom

Blacksburg, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Cooking Classes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2008

My friend and I spent a lovely afternoon learning how to make incredible meals using fresh produce from the garden! We learned how to make six diffrent dishes from appetizers to dessert, all vegetarian. Our class finished off our afternoon with a sit down feast of all the dishes we had prepared. What a relaxing and educational day! I would highly recommend this experience for anyone interested in good food and good health! I'll be back to take more classes for sure!

2 Thank PAstudent