“My husband Jonn and I went to the Dreamhouse Inn for our honeymoon. LOVED it and can't wait to go back!!”

Dreamhouse Country Inn B&B
Dreamhouse Country Inn B&B
Ranked #3 of 7 Bristol B&B and Inns
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband Jonn and I went to the Dreamhouse Inn for our honeymoon. :) It was both of our first times at a B&B and we LOVED it!! Sue, the ower, set the bar HIGH!! Words really can not describe how awesome she & her place are and how comfy & inviting the B&B was! She was very friendly, informative, and willing to help us out with directions and advice on attractions & resturants. The best part was the homemade (mostly organic) breakfasts!! From homemade yogurt to freshly hand picked strawberries to the homemade ricotta cheese in the coffee cake....I could go on!! It was FABULOUS!! It certaintly was a DREAMHOUSE! On top of all of that goodness, the place was CLEAN! So clean I could not even find a spect of dust anywhere, if I wanted to! We can not wait to go back! Much Love, Rebecca & Jonn

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ruckersville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The beauty of the gardens draws you in and the art, decor and food capture you! Sue and George have truly created a dream house and I'm certainly delighted that they can share it. Having frequent visits to family in Bristol is a requisite for my wife and I because central Virginia is a long way from the cutest and smartest two-year old granddaughter in the world (the only biased part of this review). To stay at the Dreamhouse Country Inn so close to family has been our dream come true. Having our son and his family come to the "Dreamhouse" for a weekend barbeque was idyllic. I'll soon be back in Vermont to sip my morning tea while gazing from the Dreamhouse veranda out over the serene gardens, listening to the birds before my daily visit to Bella, the two-year-old queen of cuddles and chaos.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My fiance and I sent the weekend at this charming bed & breakfast while attending a wedding in Bristol. We are not typically people who stay in B & B's but a friend recommended it and we decided to trust her opinion. I am so glad we did! The house is quaint and historic on the outside but not at all old fashion on the inside. We stayed in the Bridal Veil Suite and the sitting room, bedroom and large bathroom that make up the suite were a great size. We were so surprised by how comfortable and relaxing we found the room. The light in this room (as well as in the entire house) is perfect and makes the feel of every room light and yet you felt like you had your privacy (a issue of mine in the past with B & Bs).
The hosts were absolutely wonderful and obviously put a lot of care and passion into the operation and upkeep of this great inn. The breakfast was amazing! All of the ingredients are thoughtfully selected from either local farms or responsible sources. We were lucky to be there in June when there was so many locally grown products available. We were served fresh berries, eggs, turkey sausage, and of course maple syrup.
We were sad to go and would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is a beautiful B and B in a peaceful, relaxed atmostphere. The bedroom with new gorgeous bathroom had plenty of room, a view of the gardens, luxurious bedding and a walk in closet. The breakfasts were a delight: with organic and homegrown indredients presented with different china and accessories every day. Our hosts Susan and George are gracious and made us feel at home. We feel as if we have made new friends and can hardly wait to find an excuse to return to VT. There are formal gardens, flower and vegetable gardens. They recommended wonderful local places for dinner and guided us to local places of interest.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the apple blossom room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
dallas
Reviewed 22 November 2010

We stayed five glorious nights in the Bridal Veil Suite which has a sitting room, large king-sized bedroom and huge bathroom and closets and free wifi. The Dreamhouse Inn is an historic Vermont cottage with two living rooms downstairs for guests' use, as well as porches for sitting and enjoying the countryside. We were in Vermont for the colors, and Sue and George gave us detailed driving instructions for optimal tree-viewing day trips. Since Sue is a professional designer, the decor was a perfect combination of modern and traditional. The Inn has three room choices, and Bridal Veil is definitely the best deal, if you can get it. We even picked old-fashioned red delicious apples from their orchard. The scenic town of Bristol was only a mile's walk from the Inn or a quick car trip and had all the comforts we desired. A short drive to Burlington will allow you to tour the Shelbourne Museum and take a boat ride on Lake Champlain. Be sure to eat at Mary's Restaurant. We are definitely planning a return trip to this jewel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigDtravlr
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We selected Vermont because we wanted to get away from busy NYC, enjoy the change of foliage and being pampered with gourmet breakfast.

Sue Small made us feel right at home. She greeted us upon arrival, made herself available and showed us great hospitality. She also kept her home very clean, which was big with me.

Breakfast was delicious! Items were locally grown/produced and each morning was different. The room we selected -- The Trillium Room -- was beautiful and we could set the thermostat to whatever made us comfortable. The bed was very comfy and had lots of fluffly pillows. We slept like babies on our trip. The bathroom being across the hall didn't bother us and the water pressure/jacuzzi tub more than made up for it. There was even a heater in the bathroom for those VT winters. There are rooms with bathrooms in them as options, too.

I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina_NYC77
New York, NY
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I don't know where to start but the Dreamhouse will always have a special part of me. I'll cut to the chase- right before my stay here, my boyfriend proposed to me at the top of of Camel's Hump. Obviously, wanting to keep up the romance going all weekend, he surprised me with a B&B - which is definitely out of the norm for us. As serendipitious as it gets, we were 'stuck' with the Bridal Veil suite (it was the only room available as it is wedding season up there) but I couldn't have been happier. The colors, the feel, the entire property really fit my fiance and I as a couple since they had a huge property with garden to wander, a great patio, organic fruit grown themselves, that the owners, George and Susan used for breakfast. Susan and George were more than welcoming and even helped my fiance out with setting the mood, since romance isn't exactly a specialty of ours. They suggested a great local french restaurant, helped us out with our favorite sparkling wine and even baked me a mini wedding cake (DELICIOUS!) as a surprise. I can't recommend this place enough. (bonus- breakfast and cake were amazing!)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Middlebury Inn
#1 of 11 in Middlebury
Bristol Suites
Bristol Suites
#2 of 7 in Bristol

Been to Dreamhouse Country Inn B&B? Share your experiences!