“A great place to stay”
Review of Bristol Suites

Bristol Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in the Pocock Suite with a group of friends. There was plenty of room for all of us. Having three bedrooms and a full, but small, kitchen was great. All the rooms in the suite were clean, we had plenty of towels, and the beds were comfortable. Carol went out of her way to make us feel at home. We were given a secure place to park our bikes at night, and laundry on the premises was a big plus. The location is great. There's a nice coffee shop, breakfast place, brew pub and restaurants all on the same street. If you want to eat in, we found the kitchen to have all the essentials to prepare dinner. The grocery store and natural foods market were both within easy walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed in the Deerleap room. Very charming, VERY clean and fresh. Really comfortable stay. My traveling companion and I would highly recommend staying at Bristol Suites.
The town is quite cute as well, but spent all our time in Middlebury with our kids. Would love to have had more time to explore Bristol.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I went to Bristol on a cycling vacation with four friends. Our suite was very comfortable and exceeded our expectations. I cannot say enough about the excellent service. Carol met us on the sidewalk when we arrived after dark Saturday night and showed us around, including where to park. There was a garage for us to store our bikes. When we came back from a rainy ride Sunday afternoon she was available to show us where we could do laundry. The incredible personalized service, the comfortable accommodations, and the charming Vermont town made us sorry to leave after four nights. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Five friends shared the Pocock Suite and were extremely pleased with the accommodations. The kitche...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Rockydale Suite looks like a large hotel room, but with more light. It is very clean with attractive decor. There is a sink, microwave and small fridge. Lots of towels in the bathroom. It is located in the center of town only a short walk to the yoga studio we were visiting. Restaurants and supermarkets were next door and across the street. I don't think we could have stayed in a better place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashtangididi
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The Rockydale Suite is nice, private, and clean--and brand new. Renovations just were completed the day before I arrived! The room has lots of natural light, and the decor is "homey" and "cabin-y," with wooden furniture, and artwork that represents nature. The suite has its own private bathroom, which-like everything else, is clean. Space is tighter than the other units in Bristol Suites, as it is a studio apartment. It has a kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, and sink. If you are looking to do a lot of cooking, I would not recommend staying here. I am in town for a training and was fortunate to have other students staying upstairs who let me use their oven and stove when needed. But, the privacy of the Rockydale Suite cannot be beat. I hope to stay here my next visit back.

Room Tip: Rockydale Suite is clean, lovely, and private. However, it does not have a full-service kitchen.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank instalime09
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Entering the Pocock Suite, a unit in the Bristol Suites, surpassed all my expectations as well as the photographs I had already viewed. I was travelling by myself and had no prior knowledge of Bristol, but being shown into the suite and unpacking in my immaculately made up room lowered all the anxiety I had about coming to the unknown. Tom and Carol Wells who own the property had thought of everything and beyond that a guest would need and furthermore had provided the highest quality from towels, to sheets to furnishings. Everything shone like new and seemed to have been designed and equipped to only give the guest the most satisfying and relaxing vacation. If there was anything that needed attending to they were accessible and eager to come and make sure that nothing was overlooked. I look forward to future stays and highly recommend that anyone planning a trip to this area will also book into one of their suites, all of them up to the same high standard and comfort, and run with your every need in mind!

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same excellent choice in bedding and furnishing, their ;pillows and cushions...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzi Z
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I am a firm believer of people experiencing places for themselves, but I have stayed at Bristol Suites 3 times in the past year and each time was for more than a week. I have stayed in the Pocock Suite and the new Deerleap suite and both are beautiful and accommodating. The best part is having a full kitchen with two grocery stores a short walk away. PLUS, all of benefits of living on Main Street and being so close to restaurants, stores and some great hiking.
Carol is great and has made Bristol Suites a place I will always be fond of and come to stay again and again.

Room Tip: The Pocock Suite is great for families or friends and has three bedrooms. The Deerleap suite has two...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Middlebury
Inn at Baldwin Creek
Inn at Baldwin Creek
#5 of 7 in Bristol
Vermont Bed and Breakfast at Russell Young Farm

Been to Bristol Suites? Share your experiences!