“Zoom! Zoom!”

and up
BMW Z4 Driving Tour of Vermont with Picnic Lunch and Wine Tasting
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: At Country Driving Tours of Vermont, we’ve taken three of our greatest passions—discovering Vermont, driving cool sports cars and eating great food and combined them to offer you a niche tour experience you won’t find anywhere else in the US.
Starksboro, Vermont
“Zoom! Zoom!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I grew up in Vermont but taking the Country Driving Tours of Vermont showed me that there is always something new to discover. Not only did we take some back roads that showcased the beauty of Vermont, we were treated to a history lesson full of fun facts and Vermont folklore. We meandered at a steady but relaxing pace. George Landis, tour guide extraordinaire, did the work and we simply followed. No stressing about which way to go. At one point we stopped to stretch our legs, enjoyed a lovely snack (included with the tour!) and then continued on our way. It was at this point that my partner and I switched seats. We recommend that each person take a turn at the wheel. While it's fun and relaxing to sit and enjoy the view while George weaves his narrative magic, it's so much fun to drive! It's an altogether different experience when you share the driving. Ours was the dinner tour so after seeing the sights from our sports car, we stopped for dinner at a local restaurant featuring local fare and even more viewing pleasure of Vermont's beautiful hills and valleys. This adventure just kept getting better and better! After dinner it was time to go home, back to the Dream House Country Inn where the fun began. The sun was setting. It was warm enough to keep the top down. We couldn't stop smiling. For us, this was an experience like no other.

Visited June 2013

Bristol, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magic Carpet Ride”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was lucky enough to be included in a "Classic Tour" this summer. Cruising through the beautiful Vermont countryside in a splendid convertible sports car while learning about the area through the two way radios was a memorable experience. Though a Vermonter myself I learned a lot and traveled beautiful roads I had never before enjoyed.Even a brief rain shower didn't dampen any ones enthusiasm. Especially nice was being able to just "follow the leader". No maps, no asking directions and no getting lost! Just a carefree ride through some of Vermont"s most beautiful scenery. Highly recommended.

Vergennes, Vermont
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The day my husband and I spent on a Vermont Country Driving Tour was not only great fun, it was memorable. We know and love Vermont, but driving the back roads in a shiny black BMW convertible while listening (via comfy headsets) to historic tales and fascinating facts was a new and exciting way to enjoy the state even more. Out host George Landis is not only knowledgeable, he is warm and friendly. He obviously cares about Vermont and seemed to know instinctively what would interest us and the rest of the group. We drove at the perfect speed to enjoy the sites and the soft summer sun, then stopped for a glamorous little picnic near the new Lake Champlain Bridge. Climbing back into the sports car we meandered past bucolic farms, explored quaint towns, and marveled at the long views of the Adirondacks and the Green Mountains. Our last stop was a terrific restaurant where I feasted on local vegetables, and a spicy fresh cioppino.

I wasn't sure a day spent driving and listening to a guided tour would be relaxing, but it was. There was no rushing--it was a perfectly timed excursion. And George is so easy going that all I had to do was steer. I must confess that on the last leg of the trip--back to home base, the Dream House Country Inn (5 stars, too)--I drove a bit more quickly and got a taste of what the BMW had to offer. I didn't speed, but with the top down I felt like I was living a dream. What a unique experience. The perfect combination of so much that I love: Vermont, driving, history, food, and friends.

“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had such a lovely time on the driving tour I took with George this summer. It was so wonderful to gain fascinating bits of trivia regarding the town, farms and scenic wonders that we passed. George was a splendid guide--he was literally "pitch perfect"! As someone who lives in the region, I left the tour with a whole new understanding and appreciation for the area. Now, I want all those friends and family members who've already visited to come back and do a driving tour with George--it's that cool!

Visited June 2013
“Incredible cars, roads and guide!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I never write reviews but I just had to take a second to say how much I enjoyed the live headset guided tours by our tour guide! The scenery was amazing and the cars, the cars, the cars! Black blue or red? That's was the only question.. The BMW Z4's performed beautifully and the guide host was very knowledgeable and chill!! My trip from California was well worth it to experience Vermont first hand.