“Great deal on fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Asiana House

Asiana House
Ranked #87 of 239 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great deal on fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

A very nice place once we found it. No visible sign on pearl street. We came in with an expired coupon which did not cause a problem. The lunch special was a banko box for 14 $ which is a great deal. It came with an excellent miso soup. We had the salmon which was moist and flavourful. Accompanied by a green salad, seaweed salad, rice and veggies. My wife ordered dessert of deep fried ice cream. Not really worth it. The portion was huge for one person and really did not reflect the cuisine. The green tea ice cream was good but I would have preferred a Mochi ice cream ball.
A very good experience over all despite the dessert. Recommend it.

• Visited June 2014

Milton
“Loved the Korean steak on a hot stone grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We dine out a lot and had a Jump On It deal for the Asiana House so we tried it on the last day of the deal. The place was crowded and a little slow. Once we go our Sapporo beers, we were ok. My wife had the stir fried udon noodles with chicken for $13.95 and I the Korean steak for $21.95. They both came with soup-think it was miso. It was ok. My wife's dish was served piping hot on a sizzling plater. It was ok, the chicken was a little tough. I had to wait a while to get my dish. It was worth the wait. BTW, I have had bilgogi in many places; the best of which was in Seoul where they brought a container of hot coals to your table to barbeque your beef. At Asiana, they bring a wooden platter with a very hot stone in the middle. The stone, about 7 inches square and about 2 inches thick, it HOT. Do not touch it. It was fantastic for grilling the steak. The stone kept the heat for the entire meal which surprised me. The other surprise was the spatter when you place the meat on the stone. Its kinda fun but it can be a little scary and it can get on your shirt so don't try this with an expensive shirt. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it the most of any Koren BBQ I have tried in the states. Service was cheerful although a little slow as they seemed to be very busy. We will certainly try Asiana again.

• Visited May 2014
Vermont
“Currently the Best Vermont has to offer for Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We don't have many options in Vermont for Sushi, and of the places we've tried over the past nine years, Asian House has been consistently good and our go to place.

Cons that we've gladly overcome to still enjoy sushi:

We miss from other sushi houses in places like California and NY is sitting at the sushi bar and ordering right from the sushi chef, getting their suggestions, buying them a saki :)

We miss receiving a warm wash cloth to wash your hands before eating sushi.

When ordering at your table you need to place your sushi order all at the same time (know what and how much you'll eat upfront) because if you put in an order later...you'll wait up to 30 minutes, and by then you are long ready to go.

We miss the "fun" ambiance that these other cities sushi houses provided.

We miss receiving the after dinner sushi orange slices to cleanse the pallet.

We just mention this so visitors accustom to such things won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank FoodieInVermont
Atlanta, GA
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I walked in and sat at the bar. Only a small bar with 4 stools in a college town.
Started with a miso. I then ordered their Hamachi and Rainbow Roll. Hamachi was good. The Rainbow was great. My favorite part of the roll, the chef put big pieces of avacado on the roll. Yum.
Bartender was a funny dude. Good time.
Enjoy. I'll repeat.

• Visited May 2014
Burlington Vermont
“Fabulous...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

If you love sushi, this is the place to go. Everything I've tried on this menu is fabulous. Not a large space and if you looking to get in and out, probably not the place for you. But if you have the time and want to relax with friends and have some great sushi and lychee martinis, it's wonderful...

• Visited March 2014