“Fair to good, expected better”

Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Convenient location, adequate hotel. Some areas are difficult to find your way, however. The 3-story section in which I stayed did not have an elevator, which I thought to be odd for a hotel of this caliber. But I am able-bodied and this was a mere inconvenience. It's something to keep in mind if you reserve here, though! Staff very friendly, maintenance man helped me find my room.
Room was fair to good. Excellent queen bed, appeared to be fairly new. Grab bar in shower was pulling out of the wall. Bath tub anti-slip coating seemed to be failing, felt like loose sand under my feet. Room door and bathroom door did not close properly and had to be slammed shut. Floor felt "cheap" and creaky, again not befitting of a hotel of this name. Unable to check out via the phone (no answer at checkout extension) and the video checkout system stated "not available." Had to make a trip to the desk to check out.
Room was very clean, good hot water, A/C, and TV. Good buffet breakfast in lobby restaurant.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again for the right price.

Room Tip: If you reserve here, be sure to notify them if you require an elevator or handicapped accessible ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear hrajotte,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that most of your stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you for your constructive comments about our North side guest rooms. Please contact me on your next visit to the Burlington area and I would like to do something nice on your next stay. Thanks for staying with us.
All the Best

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Burlington Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We spent our Canadian long weekend between NY and VT and decided to stay one night at Sheraton. The hotel is close to the highway and a few minutes from the port. We reserved a room on the club floor. Worth it for the complimentary breakfast. We enjoyed the pool when we arrived - the space is great but the tiles were not very clean. The room was renovated but I don't understand how they missed the bathroom ceiling. There is a fan missing in there... The bed itself was extremely comfortable. We were 3 and the cot was not that bad either. We would definitely return but we hope they will show some love to that pool...

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear mxtravels,

Thank you for giving me feedback from your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am pleased to see that you and your family had a great time with us. We will be renovating the pool area in late fall of this year. I do want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff of the hotel were great after a mess up with the reservation. All hotel services were very good making our stay in Burlington comfortable and hassle free. Thanks Ben and Charlotte at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear CharlesF,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about the Staff especially Ben and Charlotte. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton for the National Leonberger Specialty. Because I wasn't traveling with a dog, I opted to stay on the Club level (for an additional cost) to free up a room for someone with a dog. The hotel staff were wonderful with the dogs and our group. My main complaints came from being giving room 151 on the club level during construction. The elevator outside my room and all of 50 feet away, was off limits. CONSTRUCTION was NOT OFF LIMITS IN THE ADJOINING Hallway, Jack hammering at 0730 on a Sunday morning. REALLY??? The closest elevator felt like it was in New Hampshire! How to get to my room was not labeled in that section of the hotel. Also, during a National Specialty Dog show, featuring dogs 130-170 pounds, having only ONE elevator working was insane! The stairs proved to be much quicker, where we were allowed to use them. I got to use the closest elevator the last day. The clublevel lounge was nice, food adequate. I mainly went in for a late night coke. I would have appreciated if they had left the Orange Juice in an un-padlocked cooler. i don't think what was offered on the Club level justifies the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear iluvgreyhounds,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am sorry to see that your stay as just okay!. I do appreciate your comments about the elevator and construction noise. Please contact me directly so that I can make this stay a better experience for you.

All The Best.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I booked a room at the Sheraton last minute this Memorial Day weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms were newly renovated and very nice! The continental breakfast in the club room on the 4th floor was excellent...complete with a cappuccino machine! Overall it was perfect and would recommend it highly!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TJ,
Thank you for sending me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you had a great stay. Thanks for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our stay was less than perfect only due to renovations in process. It would have been nice to known prior to check-in the hotel was under renos. The stairwells were construction dirty and difficult to navigate. Boxed supplies were left in hallways, obstructing our doorway. The pool was in need of updating and cleaning - but big! All that said the management was very attentive and did their best to make things right. The newly renovated room was clean, fresh and comfortable bedding. I would give them another try once the renovations have been completed

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear JenniferB,

Thank you for taking time to send me feedback on your recent stay her at the Sheraton Burlington. As I read your comments I see that your stay was just okay. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. Please let me know when you will be back and I will make your next stay a great one. Thank you for your business. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and the recently completed renovations are a big improvement. It's a great value for a full service Sheraton Hotel and very convenient to the University of Vermont, Church Street and the Lake. A few minor complaints: It's a very large and spread out hotel and depending on room location, you may need to walk through rambling hall ways and doors to get to your room. In addition, the club lounge location is on the 4th floor off in a corner, not easy to get to. Parking can also be a challenge and cause a long walk from room or lobby. We did not eat at the hotel or take advantage of the pool or fitness room, but I expect they are all top quality as would be expected at a full service Sheraton.

Room Tip: Ask how far from the elevator the room is as the walk can be quite long and confusing for first time...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear mollymach,

Bill.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel? Share your experiences!