“Good option for a business hotel”

Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
San Carlos, California
“Good option for a business hotel”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at this property with my daughter when visiting UVM. The room was large and the beds reasonably comfortable. As others have mentioned, the hotel has been going through renovations and it was a bit of a maze to get to our room but the management put up plenty of signs to help you find your way.
The property is somewhat utilitarian but completely adequate for a stay in the area and very close to the school.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear dalbertson,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your constructive feedback as well. I want to thank you for choosing the Sheraton Burlington for your stay we truly appreciate your business.

Thanks again.

Bill.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My review is for a stay from a few months ago, and I am just getting to it since I am looking for hotels again. This was probably one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. I thought because it was a Sheraton I could expect a certain standard of quality but the room was not clean, the heat was not working (it was winter), there was some food and dirty coffee cups from the previous people. That and the room I was staying in was on the third floor with no elevator access to that part of the hotel, and had to go through a maze to get to it. They addressed the cleaning and heat issues, but it was quite a disappointment on a business trip after a long day at work.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here and have luggage, make sure you book a room in the part of the hotel where...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lama B
Dear LamaB,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent experience with the Sheraton Burlington. I was very sorry & disappointed to read your comments about how your stay. Please contact me directly so I may get additional information about your stay. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Thank You.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family over July 4 and it is a really nice hotel and the pool is really nice too. Almost anyone will like it. It is Really clean.
It is a little hard to find your way around but it not bad! Every body there is really nice and helpful... It is a nice hotel!

Stayed July 2014
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Hotel10000,

Thank you for sending me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you had a great stay. Thanks for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed one evening at the Sheraton in South Burlington. It has and is undergoing a significant renovation. The hotel itself is updated, clean and comfortable. The reception staff were prompt and courteous.

The rooms are very comfortable, good size with the amenities of any hotel of this quality. I have stayed here in the past and the renovation is more than welcome.

I would recommend this hotel to business travelers as well as families on vacation. It good accommodation at a fair price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Farrenjw
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Farrenjw,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about your stay. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area.
Antrim, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently stayed here for business, i was supporting a Company event, the service staff and the banquet and catering managers were very attentive to our needs Security was awesome and the event staff performed flawlessly. I highly recommend this hotel for any function or even just a place to hang your hat for a night or two. A great place, upbeat and modern.

Room Tip: Check it out... you can't go wrong
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear PhilippT,

Thank you for taking time to give us your Great Feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am very proud of the team here; they truly know how to deliver great customer service. Thanks for staying with us and look forward to seeing you back soon.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pros- great service and great location for campus activities at the University of Vermont. Free WSJ at the front desk. Free shuttle to airport.
Cons- the coffee maker is really outdated and the hot steam coming out from the side can burn somebody. Food is so-so but reasonably priced.

When I asked the front desk personnel where I could buy some toothpaste, I was advised that the sundries shop is not yet fully operational. The maintenance man however told me that he would contact room service to bring us a few sample packs.
If the cost for the room were $200. I would have ranked this a 3-star. However given the $130 rate, it is a great bargain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JohnC,

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I do not agree with the negative reviews of this hotel. My stay was good and l would return. The hotel building doesn't look anything special from the outside, the hall is small but once you walk into the restaurant/ common areas you find all the Sheraton charm and quality. I found the hotel grounds to be very quiet and I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere while working at the computer in the small business area tucked in between the pool and the restaurant.
The layout of the hotel is quite unusual and I had to walk quite a bit to my room who was on the ground floor by the indoor pool. I had two suitcases and fortunately the concierge was available to carry them through the several aisles and sets of doors I had to pass to go to my room. The room was on the small side but seemed to have been remodeled recently. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. I had breakfast under a gazebo in the hotel restaurant and I can say that the buffet selection was satisfactory. The front desk personnel was nice and helpful. I needed to send a fax and they did it for me even if there were other people in line behind me, waiting to be checked in/ out. The shuttle to the airport was reliable although it only runs till midnight and I almost missed it because my flight into BTV was late. This was not my first time at this Sheraton. In the past I have attended a conference at this facility and can say that the conference center was not disappointing either. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business travelers but to tourists it might come across a bit impersonal and it doesn't have any particular local feature. My room in fact was identical to the one where I had stayed just a few days before in Houston.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maplehuggers
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Maplehuggers,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about the Staff and cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area.
Bill.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel? Share your experiences!