“Easy Access to Burlington”

Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Sheraton is clean and the rooms was very large and comfortable - that's the only good news. Stayed here because it was the only hotel with available rooms last minute. We usually don't stay in Sheratons because we don't appreciate paying $10/day for wifi after spending almost $300/night for a room, plus getting no free breakfast. Our room had indoor windows overlooking the indoor pool. Screaming kids in the pool woke us up at 7am on a Saturday morning. Complained about wifi fee and noise - staff took $10 wifi fee off and reduced the room price by $75 - at least some redeeming value to our stay.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with windows overlooking the indoor pool. Don't pay the outrageous $10/day...
2  Thank archman8
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Archman8,

Bill

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The room we had was pretty big. We had 2 adults, 2 children and we fit 3 bikes in the room with no problem. The indoor pool was very nice, as was the fitness center. Far enough from downtown, but close enough to everything.

The room numbering was a bit confusing, seemed like they added to the hotel and instead of changing the sequence of number, just gave the "new rooms" the next set of numbers.

Wifi was free, but limited to 3 devices.

There was construction outside the hotel, but not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Asia999,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was very happy to read you had a great stay. Please let me know when you are staying with us in the future, I would like to do something special for you for your loyalty. Have a great day.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed one night in July. It had very comfortable beds and a nice big room. We parked with our bikes on the car and had no problems. We used the shuttle to go to and from town for dinner. The driver was great and picked us up where and when we requested. It seems like parts of the hotel were recently renovated and new.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear KMC612wc,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send me feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I truly enjoyed reading your comments about your stay. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next visit to the Burlington area

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were starting a bike trip from Burlington-- the smallest city to qualify as any state's largest city- and could not get into the headquarters hotel for the trip-- the Hilton. I am happy we found the Sheraton. It is right off the interstate and is easy to find. The driveway is undergoing some construction-- but the inside is expansive and newly renovated. There are several entrances which make it easy to get to your room. The rooms are large and have king beds. Very comfortable! Nicely decorated. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast buffet and pool.

Room Tip: Club level. Close to an entrance.

Dear Alnus,

Bill

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I wish I could describe my room and stay at this hotel, but I couldn't get into my Pre-Paid room! The night manager claimed that they had "overbooked" the hotel and had no rooms left. This was a lie! The truth was that a large group had Walked In just before, and he gave them my room instead of telling them that he couldn't give them all the rooms they wanted.

After an entire night of flying - this hotel sold my room twice! To arrive at the hotel late at night - for an Already Paid room - and find out they resold my room is horrible. To be lied to about "hotel policy" is ridiculous.

Horrible customer service.
Unethical business practices.
Terrible treatment.

Why reserve a room - prepaid to make sure you have a room after a long day of travel - only to find out that the hotel sold your room to a "bigger fish" that walked in off the street???

Even worse....I WAS a preferred guest member of this chain....wow?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric S

Dear Eric S,
Thank you for sending me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am very disappointed that your experience was less than perfect. I do appreciate your comments about over-selling the hotel. Please reach out to me directly so that I can get more information about your experience and make things right. Again thanks for your feedback. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at this property with my daughter when visiting UVM. The room was large and the beds reasonably comfortable. As others have mentioned, the hotel has been going through renovations and it was a bit of a maze to get to our room but the management put up plenty of signs to help you find your way.
The property is somewhat utilitarian but completely adequate for a stay in the area and very close to the school.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
owen23, General Manager at Sheraton Burlington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear dalbertson,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your constructive feedback as well. I want to thank you for choosing the Sheraton Burlington for your stay we truly appreciate your business.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My review is for a stay from a few months ago, and I am just getting to it since I am looking for hotels again. This was probably one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. I thought because it was a Sheraton I could expect a certain standard of quality but the room was not clean, the heat was not working (it was winter), there was some food and dirty coffee cups from the previous people. That and the room I was staying in was on the third floor with no elevator access to that part of the hotel, and had to go through a maze to get to it. They addressed the cleaning and heat issues, but it was quite a disappointment on a business trip after a long day at work.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here and have luggage, make sure you book a room in the part of the hotel where...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lama B

Dear LamaB,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent experience with the Sheraton Burlington. I was very sorry & disappointed to read your comments about how your stay. Please contact me directly so I may get additional information about your stay. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Thank You.

Bill.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Sheraton Burlington Hotel? Share your experiences!