“Ignore the last few bad reviews”

Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I was reading the last few bad reviews (all within the same week) and was a bit surprised. This Sheraton is perfectly adequate and by the standards of most would be considered good (with good reason).

Comfy bed with a ridiculous amount of fantastic pillows. Clean rooms & plenty of space. Located within a 20 minute walk to downtown Burlington, I don't see a reason to knock the location. Especially if you're someone who lives in NY/Boston/Philly.

I see a few people complaining about the breakfast, how about this: get out of your damn hotel and find one of the many options downtown.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2014
owen23, General Manager at Hotel Burlington & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear JM3RR24,

I was happy to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel. We truly appreciate your business. I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

hotel is in a great location for incoming UVM parents. Beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. BUT what were architect and designer thinking? Hope the ongoing renovations will bring some warmth and friendliness to the place. At night dimly lit by cool lights, long confusing hallways, a very unwelcoming room. I would never want to stay longer than 1 night. Signs to elevators are not clear, from my room I followed the "wrong" elevator sign and ended up in another wing. I was looking forward to the indoor pool, but it has glass walls on all 4 sides, open to lobby! and restaurant. Not comfortable. It could easily be turned into a relaxing "spa" vibe, if they revamped it just a bit. Hope they will cheer up the place or I will not come back.

Dear KatePL1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I really appreciate your comments around Cheering up the place up. Again, thank you for your constructive feedback. Please let me know when you are staying with us in the future, I would like to do something special for you for your loyalty. Have a great day.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were very disappointed with this hotel & would not recommend it. It was very expensive, given the room & features. Wi fi was extra($ 9.95). The bathroom was tiny and there was an orange peel on the floor in the bedroom. The hallway was littered with used linen and food trays were left out for the entire day. It was awful! It was particularly surprising that food trays were not picked up quickly, given that dogs were allowed in the hotel. Definitely not going back there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BostonMarilyn,
Thank you for sending me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am disappointed that your experience was less than perfect. I do appreciate your constructive comments about the issues you encountered. Please reach out to me directly so that I can get more information about your stay. Again thanks for staying with us. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After traveling through NYC and Boston, we couldn't believe how expensive this hotel was for how little it offered. We stayed two nights and had to call at 8pm the 2nd day to get our room cleaned only to have housekeeping arrive with turn-down service instead. Broken hair dryer, no complimentary breakfast, no wireless, no whirlpool and very poor lighting in the room. The hotel isn't even near the beautiful downtown so what exactly is the high rate for? No more Sheratons for this family!

• Stayed: August 2014
owen23, General Manager at Hotel Burlington & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear CassB,

Thank you for sending me your feedback on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I am sorry that your stay and experience has fallen well short of your expectation as well mine. I would like to make things up to you. Please contact me so that I may start to rebuild our relationship with you.
Thank you.

All the Best

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Don't stay at the club lounge level unless you are happy with small cheese bites and fried egg rolls water and soda for the up charge you paid. This hotel does not press linens. When I called for the room to be serviced after declining the bonus points I was amazed to see the condition of the linens. They were literally in a ball. We declined the points because we wanted "service". Awful is the best word to describe the service at this property. We took the shuttle to a restaurant that was literally 5 minutes away. Took over 1/2 hour for the shuttle despite being told it was a 15 minute response time, which was 3 times longer than the norm. Delta has partnered with this property. We are both diamond delta travelers and delta will hear from us. We took photos of the room and the linens just to confirm the dismal conditions of this property. On a positive note 'L Amante was an amazing restaurant and Stacey was awesome

Room Tip: Don't opt for club lounge access. Don't expect pressed linens
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Elizabethyorkie,
Thank you for taking time to send me feedback from your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was sorry to read you had a poor stay. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet and exceed your expectations as well mine. Please contact me directly so that I can ensure that you have been taken care of. I look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It was a disappointing experience. Hotel stuff tried to rip us off in every possible way. Our reservation included parking, breakfast and free Internet but at check in the concierge told me that I have to pay for the Internet. I couldn't show my reservation because battery on my iPhone was dead. There was no soap in the room. Tiny bottle of water in the room was 1 dollar. The breakfast buffet ($15 adult; $10 child) was very simplistic - omelet, yogurt, porridge, bananas, coffee and orange juice. We were expecting more from Sheraton. Waitresses were work/travel exchange students from Eastern Europe. They were not around when you need them besides greeting and bringing initial coffee. I had to "hunt" for the orange juice for my daughter myself (behind the curtain). We were a party of five adults and one child (11 years old). The restaurant charged us as SIX adults and automatically added a whopping 18% tip. For a _buffet_ breakfast? To my surprise manager refused to take of the tip from my bill. I had to talk to the front desk about the problem and they reduced the charge at check out. Overall - nice hotel, disappointing service.

Room Tip: Make sure your bill at the restaurant is correct
1  Thank Kirill J
owen23, General Manager at Hotel Burlington & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

DearKirill J,

Thank you for sending me feedback from your recent experience here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was disappointed to read your comments about the Hotel and its service. I am sorry. Please contact me directly so that I may get some additional information from you. Again, thanks for the constructive feedback and more importantly you staying with us. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Never in all my years of travel in the US or abroad have I ever checked into a property that was completely out of hand soap. I'm confident Starwood/Sheraton has as sophisticted a supply chain system as anyone, so this was pretty shocking. Initially I figured the previous guest must've taken the bar soap after the room was cleaned. Called guest services and was told nope, "we have no soap; it's on backorder; you can use the liquid shower gel in your room instead." When I inquired why they hadn't just bought soap for the hotel guests, I was informed the soap had to be "branded" Sheraton. If the general manager of a property doesn't have the leeway in his/her role to purchase soap, this tells me something about Starwood's values. Better no soap than unbranded soap??? Baffling!
On the plus side, the king room was generously sized and very comfortable, I appreciated the free wifi, and the shower was just fine (with a bar of soap supplied privately:-).

Room Tip: Major construction going on in front of hotel, but they advised of this when I booked and my room wa...

Dear Traveler5223,

Thank you for taking time to send me feedback from your recent stay here at the Sheraton Burlington. I was embarrassed to read your comments about your experience at the Hotel. I will make no excuses and take full responsibility. Please contact me directly so that I can ensure that you have been taken care of. Again I am truly sorry. I look forward to connecting with you.

Bill.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hotel Burlington & Conference Center? Share your experiences!