“Excellent Hotel and experience”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had stayed here on our honeymoon (then under different name) because of it's view of lake Champlain and location. This time around we had our 2 children with us, so I booked 2 rooms adjoining over looking the lake. I only mentioned this fact once during the booking process with the front desk that it was our anniversary. Upon entering our rooms, we found the manager had placed a bottle of Champagne on ice and had delivered chocolate covered strawberries! Additionally, they had placed some cookies and drinks in the room for the kids and a warm and thoughtful note for each of us. Due to my job, I spend 125 nights a year for away from home and I can assure you there is a severe lack of attention to detail and service in the hospitality industry...but not here. As far as the hotel is concerned, we found it clean, central to downtown with stellar views of the lake. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent. Parking is the only drawback. The additional charge should be included in the price, not broken out. Also, there is no sign indicating that ski racks won't fit in the garage, that is, until you're in the garage and scraping along the ceiling. Overall this is an excellent hotel, my compliments to the manager! - MR

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Burlington on Trip advisor. Creating wonderful guest experiences such as the one that you have outlined is why our team loves the hospitality business. I hope that we will return on your next anniversary.

General Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed here for two nights in October.The room was way too small for two (it was a queen).The lighting was so bad that my husband could only see to shave one side of his face and it was next to impossible to apply my makeup.There was no magnifying mirror, the toilet didn't work right, no luggage racks.It was more expensive than some 5 star hotels we've stayed in.The location is good but we regret staying here.After this experience I will avoid Hiltons.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea K
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your disappointment in the room you occupied. Please know that we offer a verity of room sizes at our hotel. I hope that you will return as my guest and have a more pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Burlington for two nights in early October. We arrived in the evening when a wedding was in full swing and it was quite noisy in the lobby and mezzanine. We were greeted warmly by Mari at the reception desk. We asked if our room was quiet as we had just flown in. It turned out we were staying on the same floor as the wedding party but Mari said if the noise was too much to advise and they would see what they could do. We went to our room. We were shocked to have been given a room that's window looked out directly onto the indoor swimming pool. It was noisy with people swimming, the chlorine smell was bad in the room - bad for our asthma and there was no natural light coming in as the pool was indoors it did not feel private. My partner went to ask to move rooms. He was told we could not be moved as the hotel was fully booked. I called after this as the chlorine was bad and I was concerned about our asthma and the effect on us. Reception then rejigged some bookings and managed to move us to a better room which was hugely appreciated. A nice lake view room. Beds amazingly comfortable, no fridge in our room but nice large tv with limited channel choice though. Dealt with a non feather pillow request quickly. Room service poor. Requested a salad without particular items in it. Took them three times to get it right! So I had to wait a while for my food to turn up 3 times as I had requested to get it right. Lady delivering it was very nice though. Though the plates of incorrect food sat in the corridor outside or room for a day and a half til we left. Nobody came to collect them or others judging from the hallways of many dishes so they may still be there for all I know! Room itself was in good condition. Bathroom a little less so but still nice. Very clean, which for me is a very good thing to see. Breakfast has a good choice. Able to accommodate soya milk request. Always a plus point for me too. Very friendly polite wait staff. I would recommend it. After initial teething troubles it turned out to be a good stay. Also right across the road from the spirit of Ethan Allen boat cruise if you go for that. Oh and we are Hilton honours members so thought the original room would have been better unless that was all they had left a few months ago when booked.

Room Tip: Do not have a room looking over the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay for us. I am happy that our team was able to upgrade you and your partner to a wonderful lake view room. Isn’t Lake Champlain spectacular? We hope you return as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed here September 2012 with my wife and daughter. I am a Hilton Honors member and usually have a pleasant experience with most Hilton's. This hotel while being conveniently located to Church Street with views of Lake Champlain is older with cosmetic updates. I was especially ticked off about the charges for parking, outrageously overpriced Wi-Fi, and lack of free coffee or continental breakfast. Instead of the customary continental breakfast you are directed to the overpriced buffet breakfast with the rubbery eggs etc.etc. I did a quick calculation and determined that the cost of ala carte menu items for coffee, juice, cereal, came to almost the same cost as the overpriced buffet. Who are they kidding here? As a Silver sometimes Gold Hilton Honors member I could not qualify for free Internet, free parking or even a complimentary breakfast leaving me with the feeling that the whole Hilton Honors program is a sham. My advice....find a newer hotel with complimentary coffee.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to Burlington. You are correct our Gold and Diamond HHonors guest get many upgrades including free breakfast and internet access. This level can be reached with as few as sixteen nights at a Hilton. Regarding our parking, similar to many in town hotels we do not own or operate a parking facility. We share the city owned garage with the other down town hotel in Burlington. I hope should your travel bring you back to Burlington that you will be our guest again and let me provide a more positive experience.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We enjoyed two wonderful nights (Sept 22-23) in this hotel. The room nicely decorated offering a suite that wa spacious with a cozy comfortable king size bed and nice bathroom. The hotel is within walking distance to Church street (lots of restuarants) and along the walk ways along the lake and marina. Definitely be at the marina park during sunset and sit in one swinging benches. ery nice. There is a $10 charge per day for parking.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good here..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for this great review. We loving hearing for our guest and appreciate you taking the time to post this.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

During a 3-night stay for business, I found the Hilton to be a solid hotel property in an excellent location. The bed/pillows were very comfortable, the room was clean, and wifi in the room worked well. The bath products were very nice Peter Thomas Roth salon-grade products. I did not use the indoor pool/hot tub but the pool area was spacious and nicely appointed. I happened to see the pool because the first room I was given was on the first floor and had a sliding glass door that opened directly onto the pool area... that really wasn't what I wanted so I called the front desk and they promptly arranged another room and had me settled in that room within 5 minutes of my phone call.

But, the best part for me was the location. A very short walk down to the waterfront with beautiful views of the lake and mountains, and another very short walk in the other direction to the city center and Church Street. Beautiful nature on one side, and lovely shops and local restaurants on the other.

The only downside for me was the hotel restaurant, where I ate dinner the day of my arrival because I was simply too tired to go anywhere else. Service was extremely slow (I had to literally go into the bar and ask for someone to seat me after waiting for 5 minutes for someone to notice me) and the food was mediocre. But, with all of the dining options within a short walk or drive, most folks probably wouldn't use the hotel restaurant much.

I will definitely stay at the Hilton the next time I return to Burlington.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. I agree our location can not be beat. I hope to see you again as my guest soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Great location within walking distance of downtown (just a few blocks). Gorgeous granite accents on everything, high thread count sheets, down comforter, king bed VERY comfortable with generous pillows (5). 12:00PM check-out. Parking garage is owned by the city and costs you $10/night. Seems like at $200/night they might be able to pick up the tab on that...

Room Tip: Ask for lake view, otherwise you get the view of the the parking garage next door.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Drewson1, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Hilton Burlington. Our team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back as our guest soon.

General
Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!