“Great locaton ... unappealing Room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Markham, Canada
“Great locaton ... unappealing Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The location is very good. It's near the water and a short walk down the hill from the very interesting Church Street. The building is large and has great potential, but it's a little out of date. Our particular room (101) was poorly laid out and in serious need of refreshing. We had asked for a rollaway bed to accommodate our teenager, so we speculate that this unappealing room was the only one that could handle that. In any case, we felt the experience was not up to Hilton standards. The service we received was uninspired, but then the whole North East of the country was in the middle of a long heat wave, so that was understandable ... after all, we were feeling pretty hot and uninspired ourselves. Nothing particularly wrong with this Hilton, and I wouldn't tell people to stay away, but we were a little disappointed.

1 Thank edojidai
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to inform you that we have a major renovation scheduled later this year. I hope to have you back as my guest so I may show you our upgrades.

Jeff Webb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Twin Cities, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed a night here last week after having been bumped off our flight. We had a beautiful and very clean room overlooking the lake on the 7 th floor. Supremely comfortable beds and pillows ( a rarity in IME) w/ very helpful and friendly staff. Is a bit of a drive from airport but view and locale worth it. Not happy that the hotel "lost" their shuttle driver ( truly -front desk told me they didn't know where he was) but they did pay for the taxi we had to take from the airport ( was he off drinking? That's the image that came to my mind ) and the hotel should have called me when this problem arose instead of leaving us cooling our heels on the curb -we waited 40 min before I finally called. They have a pool which is not featured anywhere on their website which I found strange and we never did get a chance to see.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I assure you that the issue with the Van Driver was nothing more than a communication breakdown with my team.

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Anyone from the health department in Burlington? Inspect these restaurants? I am soooo [--] disgusted. Don't worry about me eating breakfast here tomorrow.

Had a fabulous end to our evening. Grandma and Grandpa watched the baby, while we had scallops and dessert. Except for the bleeding guy standing at the bar next to me. He asked for a towel and then kept tossing his bloody towel on the bar every time he came up to get something. Right next to my plate. I finally asked the bartender to wipe down the barn with disinfectant. The guy came up again and tossed his bloody rag down. I asked him to please get a band aid. He said he asked for one. I said why do I have to deal with it then? I asked him to please have some class and keep you bloody towel away from my food.

His answer to the bartender? This woman is getting ready to go to jail. Wow, Burlington the place they can lay bloody rags around at the bar in the Hilton, but you get threatened with going to jail? Wen to the front desk, security told us to go to our room. The resolution, dude apologized and got to stay at the bar...We on the other hand had to finish our evening while he got to bleed and drink. Awesome!

I only stay at Hilton's, my impression of the Hilton in Burlington VT? 350/night to rub shoulders with white trash who think they are smart and important. Educated yes, intelligent no, classy not!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LangleyQueen
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
In review of our manager’s report I understand that a guest cut his finger at the bar and that some miner first aid was offered. I apologize that you witnessed this and found it offensive. Considering your review is more about the injured guest then our hotel I am not sure how to respond besides thanking you for your feedback and wishing you a good day.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I arrived late at night so I missed the shuttle which was ok...I guess I expected the shuttle to run regardless, but as I saw the size of airport and town it made sense. The rooms were clean and spacious. My room seemingly had space for a fridge or some amenity...the space was there but empty...:-) The water needed to be running for a while before it got warm though...:/ Beyond that the lake view across the street was fantastic and soothing after a long day of travelling...:-) The service was great albeit calling the front desk early in the morning results in no response...:/ It was a short business trip but a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had a chance to enjoy wonderful Burlington Vt.

Middletown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I came to this Hilton without a reservation but was treated like a four star guest. A beautiful room with a view of Lake Champlain and a decent room rate. Would definitely stay here again. Downtown in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank jcmac125
Hi Jill,

Thank you for writing this great review about the Hilton Burlington. I look forward to having you back as my guest soon.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed there the night before leaving for our flight the next morning. When we arrived we had a really odd shaped small room that is situated next to the elevators. I figured I can handle this it's only one night and we leave the next morning. The longer I laid there the more you noticed that you can hear everyone getting off and on the elevator and thought I won't be able to sleep. We left to walk around town and grab dinner and when we came back we asked the front desk if there was any way they could change the room.
Seannan, who was at the front desk, tried to accommodate us but they were sold out for the evening. There was one room left that someone had smoked in and they were trying to air out but it was bigger and had a lake view. Will took us up to take a look at it and it was great.
Seannan also offered us full breakfast.
Overall, the location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing and got a good night rest for travel the next day. The staff were friendly and helpful. Seannan, especially, handled our issue perfectly. We're looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to stay away from rooms that end in 14. example, room #414 is next to the elevator and is...