“Poor front desk service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
MA
“Poor front desk service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife just checked out of the Hilton today after 2 days and got home and told me the front desk clerk told her the rate didn't include breakfast. She repeatedly asked the front desk clerk that her rate should include breakfast and the clerk repeatedly told her it didn't. I just called and the lady that helped me said the reservation clearly said breakfast for 2 and apologized for the mess up. So now I have to call back tomorrow and request a refund and my wife was very unhappy that she didn't get the daily breakfast.

Hard to make any excuse for such a mess up except for untrained front desk staff.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lifeisshortenjoy99
Jeff W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
I am sorry to hear that you wife had an issue with our team. I will look into this matter and make sure that the problem is corrected. Our Front Office team is typically exceptional and we rarely get this kind of feedback. I appreciate you letting us know.

Jeff Webb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

During the 4-day conference that I attended in September 2013, I had many contacts with the hotel staff. This included drivers, front desk staff, and engineers. Everyone was extremely friendly and competent. The location is great with a superb view of Lake Champlain and within walking distance of many fine restaurants and shops.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Burlington. We take great pride in providing outstanding guest service and thank you for your review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at multiple Hilton properties, and we received the best service here by far. Ali at the front desk greeted us and treated us in such a special way. Her friendliness upon our arrival was a treat after our long trip here. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the pool and spa well maintained. The hotel overlooks the lake so definitely ask for a room with a view. Thank you for a great stay!!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this great review of the Hilton Burlington VT. We always appreciate getting this kind of feedback.

Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

For our needs the Hilton was our best choice! We woke up to the lake and Adirondacks every morning from our room. Within walking distance to the lake and Church Street. Hotel was very accommodating and pleasant. The pizza in the bar was excellent.! Breakfast bar had a great selection of fresh fruit! We enjoyed our 5 night's there and will return!

Room Tip: Lake View was great from room 405. We slept great and loved our bed and pillows. If I could've s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for the great review of the Hilton Burlington VT. The lake front views from the hotel are incredible. We hope to have you back again soon.

Hilton Burlington
Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at this Hotel because of the Location which was great and convenient, however everything else was nothing spectacular, worn out carpet, screaming guests in the hallway in the middle of the night, tiles falling off the walls. We had to pay for everything wireless internet, parking, even to make a copy in the business office. I didnt want to pay 8 dollars for a pot of coffee in the morning so
I walked to a little market up the street to get coffee every morning the customer service desk was pretty good no complaints but in the case you are definately paying for the Location with no frills
will not stay again!

Room Tip: the Lakeview rooms have a very beautiful view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank celticgrl67
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry you had such a terrible time here with us. I am also sorry there was a disconnect with our services. Our hotel offers free Green Mountain coffee ever morning in our lobby. We also have a free to guest business center that include copies. Regarding high speed internet next time you are a Hilton guest please allow us to sign you up as a Hhonors member as this program has great benefits including free internet.

Valley, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a beautiful hotel across from the Lake Champlain, the rooms are very clean and furnished beautifully with everything you need for a wonderful night and an easy walk to Church St. Market Place and to catching a bus to the Shelburne Museum, number 2 bus if I remember right. Everyone that works there were wonderful and always helping us with directions to go wherever we wanted to go, our stay was really a great one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review of the Hilton Burlington. Our location and team is the best Burlington has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Baldwinsville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have travelled extensively on business as well as personal and I was very impressed with the customer service at the Hilton in Burlington, VT. during a recent 3 night stay. There didn't seem to be anything they couldn't answer or wouldn't do for me. I had a magnificent view of Lake Champlain and I wasn't the least bit bothered by any street noise, or by any other noise, for that matter. The one thing that prevented me from scoring "5" is the lack of a bellman; I did receive assistance with my baggage when I requested it, but a bellman on duty during business hours would have enhanced an already outstanding experience. I will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for this great review of the Hilton Burlington. We have a great team and the best location in town. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Jeff Webb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,258 reviews

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!