“The Hilton in Burlington”
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great hotel, great location and great staff. Get the lake view room. The application requires a minimum of 200 characters for a review so I have to keep typing until I hit 200. Oops, not there yet...must keep typing. Never before have I seen a review app that requires 200 characters...let's see if this is enough now.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for the great review of the Hilton Burlington. Our team takes pride in providing outstanding guest service and appreciates hearing from you.

Jeff Webb

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

While the staff at the Burlington Hilton was very nice, the rooms are in much need of an update. It took me three tries to get a room that didn't smell like stale smoke. All of the rooms I saw had the same small layout. They offer waterfront view which have a nice view of Burlington harbor, however the other side of the hotels they call "city view" basically give you a view of a flat roof and parking garage. The fact that the bed was comfortable saved our experience. However, there are much better room options in downtown Burlington, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all of our guest feedback constructively and use this to always improve.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here with our two corgis for one night during our daughter's college tour. The location is terrific with unbelievable views. I was expecting us to be given a so-so room because we had the dogs with us, but we were given a great lake view room that came with a dog bed and food dish! The front desk staff were so friendly--they clearly like dogs and even gave them dog bones. From talking to them, it seems they have a lot of regulars who come and bring their dogs so everyone is very supportive.

The room was small but very nicely done and very clean. Being on Battery Street so close to everything was a big plus. Parking was easy in the garage next door. Walking the dogs was also easy--the path along the lake is across the street or you can just walk around the corner and into town. It was very cold and windy so we didn't take advantage of the little park on the lake, but in warmer weather this would be a great place to go. We left our dogs in the room while we went out for dinner and had no troubles--the hotel had our phone number in case they needed us but our dogs just went to sleep! We had a corner room which was very quiet. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We absolutely adore dogs here at the Hilton Burlington. Burlington is a very pet friendly place and we are pleased to offer you and your dog a place to stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The room was furnished nicely and the bed was comfortable. I wasn't impressed when I found nuts on the floor under the bed, a toenail on the bathroom floor and dust clumps on the bathroom heater. Also the heat/AC blew directly onto the bed and was kind of noisy. I had to shut it off for the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 824sharonw
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very surprised and disappointed to hear about the cleanliness issues that you noted. This was clearly an error on our part. I apologize for this as this is not our standard. I truly hope that you will return as my guest.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I had some car issues while I was there and the staff made sure that my car was secure for the night and helped me find an auto repair that was able to fix it while I was in the conference for the day!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline D
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for this great review of the Hilton Burlington. Our team is the best in hospitality and this is reflected in their passion for guest service. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manger

Reviewed 7 April 2014

If I was asked to fill this out a year ago - 4 stars, but after my last experience at this Hilton, I will never be returning.

I stay at this hotel once a week for business, and have never encountered a problem until this weekend. Book ASAP if you are looking for a police escort out of the hotel at 5:30 in the morning.

I return to room at 4am after work, in bed talking to two friends, no TV, no radio, no music, nothing. We get a knock alerting us of a two strike policy - completely understood and compliant. Less than ten minutes later, three cops show up at the door and ask us to leave immediately. No explanation, no validation from the front desk on what this noise complaint could have been from - no opportunity to explain, nothing. Only response from Hannah B at the front desk "That's our policy, nothing we can do about it" and "This doesn't mean you can't stay here again" - why would I? And lastly, who wants to hear from the front desk agent at 5 in the morning, when they are horrifyingly being asked to leave, "Well this will make a great story some day". Completely unprofessional, and nothing I would have expected from the Hilton.

So there we are standing on the sidewalk with bags on every arm, at 5:15 in the morning, in a city where we don't know where to go, cops rudely offer no help, the front desk offers no cab, no alternate hotel reservations, nothing - just a swift kick out the door. Complete and utter shock. I have never once felt discriminated against, judged, or all together black listed in Burlington, and will certainly never be returning to this Hilton. You have lost a valued customer, and approximately $15,600 in revenue that you would have otherwise seen from my yearly business at this location.

We received better service at the La Quinta up the road, for less than $100 a night - something seems backwards here.

Cons:
- Renovation - no pool? They didn't care to inform us while booking - after specifically mentioning we were excited for the pool.
- Hannah B, the day manager there at the front desk, was completely unprofessional in responding to minor requests, and very rudely responsive in her answers. Zero respect for customer service - she rushed us out of the lobby as to not cause a scene, by telling us that everything would be discounted, and that she couldn't provide a bill for us at the time since their accounting department had to factor in all the different components, and the rooms around us. Is that our fault? When a customer asks for a receipt or bill - shouldn't they be provided with one? Instead of having it slid under your door with charges you have to debate yet again since Hannah did not follow her word?
- Dirty facilities - bathroom was a mess, hair in the shower, dirty water rings around the bath tub, wet spots on the carpet floor.
- Lost items in room after being rushed out. Was not allowed to empty the fridge. Left over $70 worth of beverages, medicine, jewelry. Was told we would be receiving all of this back - then told once we showed up for it "house keeping discarded it" - Hannah had promised us otherwise.

Pros:
- Molly at the front desk was the nicest anyone could have been to us while returning on Sunday to figure out the billing - until Hannah rudely told her to switch so she could deal with us. (which they still charged us for Friday night at the full rate - blaming us that they had to comp 3 rooms around us...I'm sure).
- Free newspaper in the morning - thank goodness I didn't have to shell out another two bucks at this place...

Don't waste your time here - there are a row of hotels with the same view, with better customer service - and hey you may actually get to stay in the room you rent!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Sarah B

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We rarely require the need to ask for police assistance to evict a guest from our hotel. The disturbance caused by your excessive noise and the disregard of the multiple requests from our team to quit down or move the party elsewhere led to this last resort. I truly wish that this incident could have been avoided however we have a responsibility to our other guest who were counting on us to resolve the problem.

General Manger

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were back in town to just enjoy what Burlington had to offer. We were up on the 6th floor and had a wonderful view of the city. We had a great experience here about a year ago and wanted to come back. Our room the first time through was not in a good location but everything was still fantastic, no complaints. A reply to my first Hilton Burlington Trip Advisor review invited us to enjoy a lake view room the next time we stayed at the hotel. I booked the room and made a phone call asking for the lake view room, in reference to the reply, that we were invited to stay in. When we got to the room it was a city view. Maybe I took the reply the wrong way. Perhaps he wanted me to pay for the lake view room. That was the ONLY disappointing part of our stay. The important things were all fantastic. The room was clean and spacious, the roll away bed we needed came quickly with no hassle, the beds were comfortable, and it was super quiet. We were the loud ones I'm sure. Anytime we come back to Burlington we will stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OswegoMatt
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for the nice review and for returning to our wonderful hotel two year in a row. I hope to see you next year as well.

Jeff Webb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!