“Great Service”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Burlington, Vermont, USA
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed with a group of friends in town celebrating a birthday. We rented the 7th floor Presidential Suite and attached sleeping rooms. Views of the lake are simply stunning and well worth the additional price.

Rooms were comfortable, although the suite is showing signs of age, scratched tables, watermarks and general scuffs and dust. It is a nice space for entertaining, only downside was the Kitchenette does not come with a microwave, but seemed like a staple that should have been in the room.

Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are small but adequate. The lobby and restaurant have recently be updated and are nice. Staff, especially Eddie and Valerie were helpful and attentive.

Room Tip: Lake Views are worth the price.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for this nice review of the Hilton Burlington. We pride ourselves on our guest service and we enjoy getting your feedback.
Jeff Webb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Manlius, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were in Burlington to visit friends and for some spring skiing and chose to stay at the Hilton based on the good TA reviews. The facility was very nice, although modest by Hilton standards. The lobby area and lounge were attractive, and the rooms well-appointed and quiet. The restaurant was surprisingly spartan in appearance, so much so that we decided not to eat there despite checking in quite late. That turned out to be the right decision because there are some great restaurants within just 2-8 blocks from the hotel. In fact, the hotel is very well located to easily walk uphill 2-3 blocks to the restaurants and bars, and downhill 1-2 blocks to the water. A very pleasant surprise was Logans of VT, an gourmet bistro just 1.5 blocks away. Logan’s serves 3 meals/day, with the menu changing daily, and it became our regular stop from the Hilton for breakfast and lunch. We paid to upgrade our room to a corner facing the lake and enjoyed the gorgeous views. I would recommend requesting a lake view room, although the corner is not really necessary. The views of the lake and the sun setting over the snow covered Adirondack mountains are really quite beautiful. The service at the hotel was okay, but not great. Burlington is a big college town, and it struck me that the hotel was being run by college kids; very sharp and pleasant, but not hotel professionals.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are fortunate to have the best location in town. Burlington has so much to offer with our arts, great food and music. I hope to have you back as our guest soon.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I went for a romantic gettaway. We booked this hotel through Priceline and got a great price. The location of this hotel is fantastic; right in front of Waterfront Park and a few blicks from Church St.. There is a city parking garage right next to the hotel for which the hotel charges 10$ per day which is reallyreasonable. The room was ok. Not as big as with others Hilton hotels but I found the bathroom way too small. I think they charge too much at their restaurants so we never ate there as there are lots of ther restaurants around. I looked at their website and i think they charge too much for their rooms but for the price i paid with priceline, it was a great buy!

Room Tip: We had a city view room but the only thing we actually saw was the parking garage.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Burlington is a wonderful place for a weekend getaway. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Naples, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here while in Burlington for a family medical emergency. The staff was very helpful, kind and accommodating. Having lived in Burlington for more then ten years, I already knew the area and this is very close to the action. My lake view room looked over a beautiful snowy waterfront.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for this nice review of the Hilton Burlington. I hope that all is well with you and your family.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Was looking forward to staying here, I made reservation online. Wasn't informed by online reservation that hotel was under construction including use of pool, spa, etc which is very important to me as I have severe arthritis and always stay in a hotel with a pool for health purposes. Wasn't informed when we check in either so I went dressed in my swimsuit and the entire pool was torn apart; it was a construction worker who told me. The staff was very nice, the breakfast was incredible as was the dining room. I spoke to the manager who stated there was a problem with online reservations telling people about the construction but he also stated that if people knew they may not stay, makes no sense. Told me they would be crediting my points used as they were quite hefty and didn't deliver. To date I have received no credit, states it's "pending".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I completely understand your disappointment with our pool being out of service. I am pleased to report that it is back in service and better than ever.

Jacksonvile, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The view of the room was amazing. Make sure you get a room facing the lake, it is worth the extra money. The location is perfect, you wont need a car, just have the Hotel shuttle pick you up.. You can walk to Church St. or the waterfront and they also had free bikes to ride on the bike path and the staff was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for this great review! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel bikes and were able to enjoy Burlington as it should be, on foot or bike. We hope to have you back as our guest soon.
Springfield, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton in Burlington 4 times in the last 8 weeks for business and have always been extremely pleased with them until this last trip. I returned to my room after being out with friends for dinner and had been out all day only to return in the evening to find the door to my room open. I immediately contacted the front desk to report the issue and the lady asked me if I wanted to have an engineer come look at the door. I told her no that I wanted housekeeping to ensure they closed the door to the room when they were done. For a female traveling alone I found their lack of concern and response very disturbing and unsatisfactory.

• Stayed April 2014
Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I am very sorry to hear that your door was left unsecure. I will be sure to check our log and have the door closer adjusted as well as review with my team to double check to make sure door latch.

Jeff Webb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,256 reviews

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!