“Plug me crazy!!!!”

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
“Plug me crazy!!!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

There is NOTHING more frustrating on an overnight stay than to have outlets nearby the bed that DONT WORK!!
Lamps that have the plugs are great. Keep things close when you want to stay in bed and work. But when the receptacle is loose and or worn out, REPLACE THEM!!!

This is a major problem for regular travelers. And unless something gets said, nothing will be done. And even now, who knows.

Rest of hotel is good. But Hot tub is still NOT finished to enjoy.

Please take care of these frustrating areas.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JeffWebb2014, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We are so happy for the continued visits of our business travelers and hope to provide smartly equipped rooms that will meet all of your needs. I can certainly understand how it would have been frustrating to be lacking an expected amenity when visiting with us. I appreciate you sharing this with me though because we hope to be proactive and correct any and all problems our guests experience during their stay. Thank you for this feedback and I hope that we are able to have you with us again soon. Have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Bethpage, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My sister lives in Burlington, so I visit when I can. I have stayed at multiple hotels there but this is the best of them. Not because the hotel staff is extremely friendly (which they are) or that they are pet friendly and still have clean rooms (which they do). But their location makes the extra money spent on this room worth it. You can park your car and not have to worry about driving anywhere unless it is outside of Burlington.

You should definitely stay here!!!

Room Tip: Just because you let them know that you are bringing a pet doesnt mean they added it to the bill, be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ilana R
We are incredibly fortunate in our location downtown with a beautiful view of Lake Champlain and I love to read that our staff is matching the value of the facility! I am so excited to share this positve response with my team and I thank you for your kind words. It is so wonderful to have repeat guests here and we will look forward to your next visit with your sister here in Burlington! Hopefully she will be able to join you here at the Hilton Burlington and enjoy some refreshments on the new patio, or "catio" section of our Mounted Cat bar. Thank you so much for offering us this lovely feedback and have a wonderful day!
Boston, MA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I began trying to book (4) rooms for UVM graduation in May of 2013. In July 2013, I was finally able to secure the booking. I booked the rooms for a Saturday and Sunday night. I got the confirmation report. The room rate was 320% more for this weekend than any other time (5) we have stayed in this hotel. In April 2014, we received notification that the military commissioning ceremony for our family member had been changed to 8 AM on Saturday morning. As we were all traveling from a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 20 hours…I called to move the room reservation to a Friday-Saturday night. They made the change but I did not recieve my confirmation. Called three times and finally got a confirmation which said that I was booked for (3) nights (Fri, Sat, Sun). I called immediately and was told that there was a 3 night minimum and that there was nothing they could do. I called the Hilton directly and was told there was nothing they could do. I emailed them my original confirmation and was told, by the manager, "that your original booking was an error and never should have been allowed". I told her that I was never told that and she said it has been their policy since she worked there. I called and called and never had a call back from anyone in management. With three weeks to go and the inability to talk with someone, I decided I would try and explain it to them when we got there. When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in and I discussed this matter in person with the manager. She just kept saying that my original confirmation was in error and all (4) rooms were going to be charged the three night stay. An extra $1600. I explained to her that our graduating soldier was deploying from Boston on Sunday (4 hour drive) and there was no way we could/would be able to stay that extra day. She told me that the best she could do was charge an early check out fee per room. I said that I was not satisfied with that…. I had booked these rooms for our family and given them the total amount due. And given the 11 months of calling and emailing to secure these rooms for the graduation and commissioning, I feel like I wasted a collossol amount of time and energy. The manager told me that our cards would be charged the 3rd night. A night where NONE of us would be staying and all graduations had been completed. I called the hotel from my cell and asked about staying for Sunday night and was told there were "plenty of rooms available" so its not like they were sold out. As a side note... the entire hotel was under renovation (we were not notified) and the hot tub and deck were not operational. The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and we had to go outside. To top it all off …One of the couples staying in the room presented their credit card for the room, upon arrival, but for some reason (manager said it was an error) my debit card (used to hold the initial rooms last July) was debited $773.00. I went to the desk on Saturday to ask about it and was told that the charge would be reversed immediately. As of today, Wednesday, the charge is still pending in my account. And the funds are unavailable to me. I called the hotel today and was told the manager would call me back this afternoon. She hasn't. I am beyond disappointed in how I was treated. She literally looked at me and told me that my room should have never been booked in the first place. I was standing there SHOWING her the original 2 night room confirmations and she just kept saying…." I understand but..., I understand but….". There were many families standing on line at that time and I did not think I should stand there and argue with her in front of your customers. So we checked out. Given that I was reserving rooms almost ONE year in advance, I feel that was an unacceptable response to me. I would have called the the Sheraton or Marriott. Neither had a 3 night minimum. Or rented a house for that kind of money. We chose the Hilton because there is a nice wing there with four rooms together for a family that sees each other only a few times a year. We have had many in our family graduate from UVM and several more to go. The staff is usually very pleasant and our kids are comfortable in your hotel. My mobile number is 508-284-9750. Feel free to call me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am very sorry to read of your experience with us over the graduation weekend. We hold ourselves to a high standard- the Hilton standard- and I sincerely regret that we fell short of the expected service during your visit with us. I can understand your frustration and disappointment. Even when the feedback is critical it is so important to me and my team as we are always interested in the ways that we can improve ourselves and offer the very best to our valued guests. Thank you for sharing this with me and we will certainly reach out to you further in an effort to make this right for you. Have a wonderful day.
Zirconia, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Came to Burlington for a wedding. Booked a room for two nights at the Hilton. First the check in was seamless, the staff are very efficient and friendly. The Hotel is pet friendly and across the street from miles of waterfront parks. The view is incredible of Lake Champlain. Be sure to ask for a lake view room. The restaurant is very good but a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken B
It was such a joy to read your review of our hotel! We love hosting brides and grooms and all of their guests at the Hilton Burlington; it is always such a pleasure to be of service during special occasions. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy the downtown location as well as a view of Lake Champlain. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff, we have a great team here and it is so exciting to see their hard work paying off in the feedback of our guests. I hope that we get to have you as a guest with us again soon! I am grateful for the feedback and hope you have a wonderful day!
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Burlington for 3 nights and it is just a really impressive hotel. Being located at Lake Champlain is a great plus point. This is a wonderful place for a honeymoon, a vacation with friends or family, or even a business trip. The hotel is just a few blocks from Church Street where you can find absolutely fantastic local food and also do some shopping. Other attractions are also close by or a short drive away. The University of Vermont has a beautiful campus and is also just a few blocks up.

The hotel itself is really well-maintained and has great facilities. The rooms are spacious and reasonably priced. We also appreciated their environment-friendly approach to save water.

Room Tip: Needless to say, ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KamranZahid
JeffWebb2014, Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review of our property! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Burlington and equally delighted that we got to be a part of it. The Hilton Burlington is dedicated to providing outstanding service and promoting sustainability in whatever ways we can. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. We value our guests's feedback and I truly appreciate you sharing your experience with me and my team. Have a wonderful day!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our trip to this year's professional meeting was delightful in part because of the outstanding service at the Hilton along the Lake. Under remodeling, so the indoor pool was not yet ready, we received a good bargain price and with my Hilton Honor's Gold card, my room was changed from by the non-pool to a top floor room with a Lake view. The staff, with one exception, each went out of their way to be of special service to me and my wife who has special needs, which were met every time with grace and skill.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for this outstanding review of the Hilton Burlington. Our team loves to get this kind of feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to have you back as our guest soon.

Jeff Webb
Pittston, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Vermont is overwhelming with its scenic views, tasteful restaurants, night life, and little shops that you can find most everything you are looking for and within walking distance. My first impression upon my arrival at the Vermont Hilton was the beauty of the hotel itself. I was quite impressed with the staff’s friendliness and willingness to please attitude. I highly recommend getting a lake view room. I looked forward to watching the sunrise and sunsets from my room window overlooking the lake and mountains. What a sight to take in. I am looking forward to my next stay....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jeff W, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review of the Hilton Burlington. I look forward to having you back as my guest soon.
Jeff Webb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!