“Very disappointed and I'm not hard to please” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Burlington

Hilton Burlington
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Hollis, New Hampshire
“Very disappointed and I'm not hard to please”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a weekend stay and it was pretty dissappinting, and I don't ask for much. The worst thing about the room was the mold on the window frame. And there was a lot. It was across the entire bottom of the frame. The headboard was also disgusting. It takes a quick wipe with a cloth and that should be standard when cleaning the rooms. Very, very gross!! I was also very annoyed because we had our "do not disturb" sign on the door because our son got sick while we were there and didn't want him to be woken up from from his naps. Turns out that they don't care. We left to grab lunch and when we came back, the sign was gone and our room had been 'cleaned'. In addition, upon check on, we were told the crib that we requested was in our room. It was not. The Hilton is extremely over priced for the poor quality. We checked out a night early to go home because of our son being sick. After one night (paying for two), I will never go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank patsfanjc
JeffWebb2014, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I am very sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We hold a very high standard of cleanliness here and wish for our guests to be comfortable so I can certainly understand your disappointment. All the feedback we recieve is taken seriously and constructively and we will certainly have substantive discussion and training regarding this response. I want to thank you very much for sharing this experience with me. Please feel free to contact us here at the hotel with any questions or concerns. I truly hope that we are able to get a second chance with you and your family and have you with us again. It is always our honor and pleasure to try and make it right for our guests in whatever way we can. Have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have always enjoyed staying at Hilton Hotels, so we decided to use 100,000 of our honors points for our two-night stay. It was a lot, but I thought worth it for my husband with Parkinson's who hadn't been away for a long time. We were guaranteed a room with a roll-in shower for a handicapped person, but at check-in were told that there were no such showers available. In addition, the air conditioning didn't work. Consequently, my husband was extremely uncomfortable and couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank dlOrah75
I am so sorry to read about the error in your room type. Hilton Brand hotels and indeed the Hilton Burlington take ADA compliance very seriously and we want to make sure that our guests receive appropriate and comfortable accommodations. I am truly sorry that this was not the case during your stay, and with the addition of a problem with the air conditioning I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. I hope that we are able to have you with us again so that we can make it right and show you just what kind of service our team is capable of. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions or concerns about this stay. Feedback is so important to us and we always want to improve in whatever way we can.
Cambridge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great location within short walking distance to marina, farmers market, and Church Street Marketplace. Checked in with Tyler at the front desk, who was wonderful. Very friendly, and extremely helpful with directions and helpful hints. Justin at the bar was also great, and entertained us with a magic trick. Had a great room with an awesome lakeview. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Top floor lake views are super.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank srlucey
Thank you so much for your special recognition of our team members! You are quite right about them and we know how lucky we are to both Justin and Tyler on our staff. I am very excited to share this review with them. I'm so happy to read that you had a pleasant stay in Burlington and I truly hope that we are able to host you here again and show you what other magic tricks we have up our sleeves! Thank you for this feedback and have a great day!
Morristown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton on a number of occasions and I have never been disappointed. The rooms are always clean and ready and the staff is great. They treat me as if they have known me for a long time and I always feel welcome and comfortable.

Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michael W
Thank you so much for this positive review of our hotel! We have a great team working here and it is such a joy to see them recognized here. We love having return visitors, it is so great to get to know our guests. I hope that we see you again soon and that you have a wonderful day!
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Burlington last week. The room was fine. Clean. Quality appointments in the room. Front desk was nice. Great view of the lake. There is a great place to take a run or nice walk by the shore. Would recommend. If you are a sports fan, there is no NESN on the cable selection.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Baseball39
I am so glad that your trip to Burlington was a good one! Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff, they will enjoy reading this. I'm a sports fan too- so we just might have to look into some new options of NESN. Thank you again and I hope we have you as a return guest soon! Have a great day!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just stayed one night and was very pleased.Walking distance to Church street.College town atmosphere.Lots of shopping and restauranats.The hotel and view of lake Champlain just beautiful.Room was perfect just like all Hilton properties.Service always top notch if staying in Vermont make Hilton your choice you will never be dissappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view side!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeffWebb2014, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
It was such a joy to read this review! I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay in Burlington but even more pleased that you chose to stay with us here at the Hilton. We need to provide top notch service because all of our guests are truly top notch- it is a pleasure to be of service and it is so rewarding for our team to see the results in TripAdvisor reviews like this one! Thank you so much for this feedback, I hope we see you again in the near future! Have a great day!
Leominster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent the long weekend here and found the views to be excellent (got a room facing the ocean - the other side - not so great). The area is great to walk through and nothing is far away. Prices are a bit high though, you don't really get any special services to justify that part of the costs.

I would recommend it - it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view - more expensive - but well worth it
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for offering this review of our hotel! I am so glad that you got to take in the beautiful view of Lake Champlain that can be seen from our lakeview guest rooms. Burlington is such a fun city and so busy and active during these summer months. We are so happy to be able to share that with the guests that stay here! Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!