“Great Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great location near Church Street downtown Burlington. Loved that I could walk to restaurants and shopping district. Room had a beautiful view of lake and mountains. Staff was friendly and attentive. Everything you would expect from the Hilton brand of hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JeffWebb2014, General Manager at Hilton Burlington, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Burlington is certainly a pedestrian town and we love offering guests a place where they can easily walk to all the nearby attractions. I am so pleased that you had a nice visit here, thank you especially for your kind words about our team. Hopefully your travels will have you returning to us again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Chillicothe, Ohio
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Now THIS is a Hilton! We made our reservations 5 months before our 21st Anniversary trip through the Northeast. Our 7th floor lake view was totally awesome. Wish I could post pics of sunsets. A couple of hours before sunset, the university students, parents with small children, seniors with canes, walk down the steep hill to the the beautiful park & walking trail along the banks of the lake. The Hilton is large, yet you are treated as if you are their only guest. Rooms are large with plenty of outlets for electronic devices; beds comfortable; showers strong spray; large flat screen HD TV that kept Hubby happy in between touring events. Elevators are fast; parking is $12/day, but in a garage that is easily accessible from the 3rd floor mezzanine (well worth it in rainy weather). Halls are so quite due to plush, thick carpeting. Pool & large whirlpool was delightful with plenty of tables & chairs. The hotel has nooks of seating scattered throughout that allowed me to sip coffee & view the lake while Hubby snoozed. But my favorite spot was the outdoor gas fireplace that was light every AM & every evening. Green Mountain coffee available every AM. I could go on & on...bottom line...just stay here and you will know what I am talking about. Best hotel choice of this trip!

Room Tip: Pay extra for high floor, lake view. Room 713 was perfect!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
What a joy to read about your experience of our hotel! We have the unique pleasure in the hospitality industry to provide people with a home away from home. It is an incredibly rewarding experience for us and I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your visit here, with some coffee on the catio! Thank you very much for sharing this with me and I hope that we get to see you again very soon! Have a great day!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for two nights and I will say second night much better then the first and all because Zac who works the front desk. He was wonderful.
I truly enjoy this hotel and location, however do NOT get a room on the 1st floor. Those rooms are next to the generator, and unfortunately on July 19th the air condition for our floor was turned off by another guest (not the Hilton's fault). So between being loud and hot, the first night was not the greatest ~ until Zac stepped in and changed our rooms and comp us a drink. It was like the heavens opened up.
First and foremost, I love this location, the Hilton has bikes you can use, walk to Church street, the staff friendly, comfy beds, room clean, nice bathroom and when Zac changed our rooms the view was amazing.
When you book your room, I highly recommend paying extra for the view. Its worth it & if you have a problem your go to guy is Zac. So helpful and kind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J O
Thank you so much for providing us with this review and particularly sharing your interaction with Zach. He is a great addition to our team and does amazing work. We are lucky to have him and it means so much to us in the hospitality industry to be recognized on this forum. We will celebrate his success and make sure that this praise does not go unacknowledged! Thank you again for these great comments, I hope that we will have you with us again soon and that you have a great day!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I came here originally for business and was fortunate to get an upper floor room on the Lake side. When I opened the door, the sunlight streamed in to reveal sparkling Lake Champlain in all her glory. The large ferry boats pull out from just below the hotel, and the entire time I was there (almost a week) the lake was dotted with sailboats of all sizes. On my first day the sail boats were joined by the mad rowers of a huge dragon boat race.

The room's floor plan was comfortably laid out with no wasted space and the decor was spare and modern with a dreamy bed. The very tall headboard (ceiling height) had installed reading lights and allowed me to read the complimentary papers without having to get up and turn off a lamp. The one cup coffee maker produced the desired strong libation on demand.

On the last day of business, my wife was able to join me and as I had found some fresh flowers for her at the local farmers market, their bright colors popped against the neutral palette of the room, her exclamation of delight confirmed this room was a good choice.

The hotel is a close walk, uphill, to Church Street and the quaint shops, restaurants, and coffeehouses of downtown Burlington. (Yes, there is a busy Ben and Jerry's here in their HQ town) and some amazing organic nosh spots: New Moon, was a particular favorite and the Farmhouse Tap & Grill was worth the extra pennies. The marina, nautical museum and launch place for the Spirit of Ethan Allen III are all literally just downhill. The linden trees perfume the waterside area and add to the enchantment. The hotel's location couldn't be more central.

The laid back vibe, the adoration of the organic, the glorious sunset views over water, the modernist architecture of the hotel itself- all combine to add to this hotel and city an almost West Coast feel to a beautiful and historic New England town.

Well worth a return visit!

Room Tip: If you love a view, choose the Lake side. The sunsets are spectacular and reason enough to stay her...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Joyful W
I thouroughly enjoyed reading this review. It was quite poetic and I think I could not have described our beautiful lakeview location any better! I might even steal some of your lines from time to time! I am so glad that your business trip was able to be extended into leisure and that your wife could join you! Thank you so much for offering this lovely feedback. Hopefully we will see you again soon! Have a great day!
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable with easy access to the downtown area (and Church Street). The flavored water in the lobby was a nice touch. I enjoyed the outdoor bar area with the fire pit, but it did close fairly early. My only complaint was that the walls were a little thin in the rooms. I could hear my neighbor's tv clearly in my own room. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Burlington really is a great town and we are hoping to always match that greatness here at the Hilton! I am so glad that you had a nice visit with us and that you enjoyed our outdoor "catio" portion of the Mounted Cat Bar! Thank you for this positive review of our property! I hope that your travels bring you back to us soon and that you have a wonderful day!
cheshire
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is not good we booked into a room in the executive floor the view of the lake was good that's the positive the bathroom was small and the wash hand area was also small only room for one person, there was not much information in the room regarding menu's for the room service I had to go down to the bar to order. Breakfast in the morning was poor to say the least I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels around and this was the worst breakfast on the first morning the bread and bagels had run out also the bacon and sausage we had to ask for butter and extra coffee, on the second day we sat in the executive area and it was terrible there was no staff on to take our order we had to go into the main restaurant to get someone to take our order the fruit juice was left out on the side which also was empty and covered in fly's. The customer service at the desk was good but it does not compensate for the small bathroom area or the bad breakfast.

Room Tip: My room was 607 had good views of the Lake
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for offering a review of our hotel. We are dedicated to constant improvement and upholding the impeccable standards of the Hilton Brand. I am sorry to read that the experience did not live up to what I have come to expect from our hotel and the team that is working here. Needless to say comments like this from guests are taken both seriously and constructively so I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. I hope that we get to have you back and get a second chance at a first impression. Have a great day.
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Burlington VT for a weekend in August and had a very enjoyable stay. Because the weather was gorgeous for our stay we decided to pay extra and upgrade to a lake view room when checking in. At the end of the stay there was some confusion when we got our bill because I had thought we would paid $10/night for the upgrade, for a total of $20 extra and not $20 per night. The room was clean and comfortable with a spectacular view of Lake Champlain. I was disappointed there was only 1 comfortable chair to sit in to look out the window at the view, despite there being plenty of room for 2. Also, shades that dropped down from the ceiling would have been convenient since the sun was frequently high in the sky and in our eyes. Shades that lowered just a bit would have preserved the view without the glare. Balconies to the outside would also be better. The bathroom was also clean and updated but the sink area was tiny and barely had enough room for 1 person at a time. The location was very convenient - easily walkable to both Church Street and the waterfront. Overall, I would probably give the hotel 3 bubbles if not for the amazing view and convenience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so happy you got to take in the beautiful view of Lake Champlain from your room during your vacation in Vermont. We are so lucky in our location to have easy proximity to Church Street and a truly incomparable view. I so appreciate you taking the time to complete this review of our property because learning about our hotel from a guest's perspective is truly invaluable to us. We want to continue providing the best possible service and accommodations to our patrons and we love it when you tell us how! I hope that we get to host you here at the Hilton again soon and that you have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hilton Burlington? Share your experiences!