“Always wonderful, never fails”
Review of August First

August First
Ranked #10 of 248 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: August First is locally owned and has been serving great pastries, coffee, breakfast and lunch since 2009. A true local favorite, located in a bright and open renovated industrial garage. A very Vermont experience with fresh and delicious food served by a friendly staff. Everything is made from scratch!
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Wonderful craft salads, sandwiches, decadent desserts, cozy atmosphere. I love it here for a long lunch or a quick bite!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great baked goods, sandwiches, soups, desserts. Stopped in for a blueberry muffin this morning and enjoyed every bite.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t even know where to begin. A bakery that really knows what people love with signature Vermont flavors such as maple and wild raspberries and bread that is baked inside the attached bakery! Who could ask for more? We stopped by for a quick breakfast. One of my kiddos and my husband had breakfast sandwiches with local ham and cheese with a fresh baked ciabatta roll. My oldest kiddo and myself had the maple biscuit with fresh raspberry jam. The biscuit was warm from the oven and was more a hybrid between a crescent and a biscuit. Throw away your cronuts folks! These biscuits are to die for! I didn’t get a chance to try my husband’s sandwich because I’m a vegetarian, but let’s just say it was history in less than 3 minutes and my husband is pretty picky! Th atmosphere is nice as well, busy, but comfortable with indoor and outdoor seating in a quaint little street with lots of bike riders. Definitely seek out this treasure when you’re in Burlington!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This place is wonderful! Delicious breakfast food. I had avocado toast and it was amazing! Their rolls and bread are magnificent! They have vegetarian and vegan options. Great atmosphere! They call themselves a laptop free zone.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stopped here for breakfast one Saturday and was thrilled we did. Order at the counter from a wide variety of great breakfast things, like the avocado toast, beets and goat cheese I ordered. It was delicious! My girlfriend had one of their huge maple biscuits with jam and a fruit cup and was unable to eat it all, but said she loved it. I also took some pumpkin bread to go and it was one of the best I've ever had. Check this place out. I don't think you'll be disappointed!