“Some of the nicest innkeepers I have ever met...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dayton
“Some of the nicest innkeepers I have ever met...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The folks who own and operate this B&B are the tops! The food at breakfast was simply fantastic. The house is beautiful as was our large room with very comfortable bed. The bathroom was on the small side as is often the case in these beautiful older homes. Short walk down the hill to the town and waterfront. The walk back after dinner was not a problem. Great place, you will be very happy with your decision to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tbouy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We scheduled a quick trip up to Vermont this past weekend to get married, and Lang House made our 24-hour visit absolutely perfect! We'll always have fond memories of our stay here.

Kim and her staff were extraordinarily helpful and welcoming - they even had a complimentary cheese plate waiting in our room after our ceremony.... such a sweet gesture.

Their gourmet breakfast is worth the trip in itself!!! Both sweet & savory options are offered, featuring local and/or organic ingredients. Courtney prepared one of the best breakfasts we've ever had! And Julianna's service was top notch as well.

We stayed in the Garden Room, and coffee was delivered to our doorstep early in the morning. The staff here clearly knows how to treat its guests; they went above & beyond our expectations.

This historic house is within walking distance of both the university as well as the downtown area. Easy to get around town from its central location.

Wish we would have had more time in Burlington, but that just means we'll have to go back one day...

Room Tip: Garden Room has a jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WenJenBR
Wantage, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had booked a three night stay here this week with one of the young girls at the desk. In our conversation I had expressed my concerns about traveling in bad weather and what the policy would be to cancel. She explained to me that they could take my deposit and put it to a future date, and that of course they would not want us to travel in bad weather blah blah blah.. Well moments later when I got an email confirmation it said that I would lose my deposit and they had no such policy for weather is in place. When I called back I got a NEW young girl on the phone. This one was RUUUUDE. I explained what happened and that I just spoke with the other girl, and she could not be bothered with me. I said can we get the other girl on the phone as we JUST spoke ..nope! She told me that girl is gone and that it was in black and white in my email and to pretty much deal with it. Listen I get that there are policies, but then everyone should know them. But the real crime is the awful manner in which they handle the situation. She told me that I should look around for another place to stay that has what I'm looking for!! And that is just what I did. WOW!!! I picked a B&B because I was hoping for that personal touch that you don't get at the hotels. My advice to anyone looking is keep looking. They will tell you one thing and do another. TRUST ME! It seems as if the Inn is being run by a bunch of teenagers who are lacking training in the hospitality industry. Until they bring in a professional staff ...I would continue your search.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christa V
innkeeperlang, Manager at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
I am the second person that this potential guest spoke with, after making her initial reservation an hour earlier. A shift change had occurred and the other front desk staff member had already left the inn for the day. I expressed my apologies if our cancellation and weather policy had not been correctly conveyed to her and that I would ensure this was communicated to that front desk staff member and our other front desk staff members.

Due to her concern over a possible weather event preventing her from traveling, I even offered to hold her deposit for 90 days instead of our standard 30 days. When I stated to her that we could not allow an open-ended amount of time in which to re-book, she then asked to cancel the reservation. She was immediately refunded the full amount of her deposit.

In our experience, when inquiring guests have concerns and expectations that we recognize we cannot address, it is in their best interest for us to direct them to lodging alternatives better suited to their needs.
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Lang House for a weekend trip to Burlington. The location is great.. within walking distance to many shops, restaurants, and the lake. Overall, our experience was fine. We stayed in the Carriage House behind the main house to avoid some of the noise that usually accompany bed and breakfasts, but unfortunately the people staying above us were extremely loud and we could hear them slamming the front door, stomping up the steps, and their conversations. The room was small, but comfortable. I am happy to see when blankets and comforters are washable and clean for each guest, as it is at many hotels, but this was not the case here. The bedding could use some freshening. The bathroom had a lot of towels and great bath products. I would prefer if there had been an iron in the room, rather than having to call and ask for one. The staff was generally friendly (some more than others) and answered any questions that we had. Breakfast was very good, as were the daily cookies. I also appreciated the access to hot tea and coffee all day. They provide a good selections of maps and brochures about things to do in the area which is always helpful. Overall, the place was very charming, but I would like to see what other options are available for a stay in Burlington.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hill22785
innkeeperlang, Owner at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
We are sorry to hear that your stay here at the Lang House on Main Street did not fully meet your expectations. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the Lang House’s convenient location to all that Burlington has to offer and our delicious, made-to-order breakfasts.

We didn’t have a chance to speak with you about your experience. Lang House staff members and I strive to remedy any issues related to a guest’s stay while they are still our guests. Sometimes guests in another room simply need to know that they are disturbing another guest.

We provide many guest amenities such as coffee and tea, afternoon cookies, and irons and ironing boards. In order not to clutter rooms, these amenities are not located in guest rooms. Staff members are always happy to respond to guest questions and needs.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Lang House is my happy place. We've stayed here at least six times and we'll keep coming back as long as it's here - it is truly a gem. Kim and her staff are always welcoming and friendly while still remaining professional. The breakfasts are legendary and now that we know some of the more common menu items, we find ourselves hoping for the popovers or the challah french toast to come up while we're there!

We've enjoyed a number of the rooms but most frequently we rent the carriage house with another couple. The main-floor Galloway room is small but cozy and well-appointed, and the upstairs McClurkin has space for four people to lounge and watch a movie or play board games in the evening. The staff were thrilled to advise us upon our arrival this year that they had added a small coffee table in McClurkin so that we can lay out game pieces more easily than on the trunk that used to serve this purpose.

We always feel welcomed here. Cleanliness is superb, service is friendly and personal, and the house and grounds are gorgeous. It's the perfect distance from Church Street - a quick downhill walk to dinner, a slower uphill walk to work off the delicious food you're bound to eat in this stunning town. Get thee to the Lang House!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with another couple, do request both rooms in the carriage house.
1 Thank Alison C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We arrived mid-evening after flying into the Burlington airport. Lang House is a beautiful, historic bed & breakfast with friendly staff & great location. Rooms are well maintained and the staff is helpful. They recommended dining locations and a morning hike. We enjoyed being close to many college campuses.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ellington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was the first time my wife and I stayed in a bed and breakfast. The staff and place is VERY clean and everything was very professional. Upon arrival our room was ready and we were able to check in. We stayed in the Tuttle room which is a tad smaller than the other rooms however it was just my wife and I so it was fine. We had a slight sleeping issue due to outside noise however the staff (Andrea and Kim) took care of it.

The breakfast was amazing I can not stress that enough. Overall it was a good experience at Lang house.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!