“Incredible gluten-free breakfasts”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Incredible gluten-free breakfasts”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Lang House with my wife recently during a house hunting trip to Burlington. We had a wonderful experience. The location is excellent with good access to UVM and downtown, the property is very well-run, and the staff was superb. The most outstanding part of the experience for me was the incredibly good gluten-free breakfast each morning. I must eat gluten-free and in four days I had the four best breakfasts in recent memory: creative, healthful, and delicious. As an extra touch, there was a gluten-free treat awaiting me each day upon our return to the room in the afternoon (brownie, cookies, etc). My wife would add the regular breakfasts were also excellent. In sum, we had a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CRS32765
innkeeperlang, Owner at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Chef Courtney loved your feedback! She especially appreciates it when guests stop by the kitchen to thank her. One of the best parts of our long work day is eating staff breakfast with Courtney. She takes as good care of us as she does our guests. A well-fed staff is a happy one!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at Lang House for a long weekend and selected that particular B&B based on reviews of the breakfast, which was indeed exceptional. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were absolutely wonderful, and the location was great. We didn't rent a car and walked daily to the waterfront and other places in Burlington.

My only complaint is that I don't like dogs at my feet while I'm trying to eat my breakfast and have a conversation. I'm an animal lover (so much so that I'm a vegetarian), but having to ignore the two Lang House dogs who were hoping for scraps got really old really fast for me. The staff did talk to the dogs and tell them to get out, but the pups either ignored their orders or quickly wandered back to table-side when no one was looking. Some folks are allergic to dogs, others don't like dogs, and some, like me, like dogs, but not when I'm trying to have a romantic breakfast with my girl. Please, good people, keep the dogs corralled at breakfast time. Having a third wheel with four legs is not cute, even though the dogs themselves are cute as can be.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chgofire
Thanks so much for your feedback. We are all happy that you enjoyed our breakfast fare, our convenient location, and the Lang House overall. As the owner, I am especially proud of our staff members who strive to meet and anticipate our guests' needs. I am sorry that my small dogs bothered you during breakfast. Hope you'll stay with us again.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing, friendly staff! An amazing meal served every morning. The rooms were very nice and clean. It is an old house so the floors do creak, but they did what they could to ensure the place is clean and comfortable, which is more than enough! They remodelled certain things to make it more accommodating, while keeping the nice older features of the house, like a refurbished antique. Beautiful! I would definitely stay there again! Loved it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saromin
Northampton, MA
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed in the room in the photo, which is really accurate. Gorgeous period furniture with carefully restored details, classic VT B& B with a dash of extra class. Excellent hospitality by email before I arrived ( a list of nearby restaurants with descriptions, and directions for walking or a taxi) and in person upon arrival. Coffee, tea and homemade refreshments available all day, Two parlors for relaxing if I tire of my generously sized , high ceilinged room with twin wing chairs. A wonderful breakfast in one of two dining rooms. 10 minute walk to U of VT campus. Off street parking available. I came here on business, but will definitely stay again for business or a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: There is a flight of stairs at the entry, but the first floor room (Reed) is handicap accessible for...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MistinguetteS
Peacham, Vermont
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I were looking to get out of the house for valentines day this year. We were looking over the B&B options in the north part of VT we were really surprised at how reasonably priced Lang House was. Less than $200 for a really nice looking B&B? Most of the other options were nearing the $400 mark for the same deal.

Too good to be true? No! We were not disappointed. We stayed in Hayward room, which is really gorgeously put together, clean, and classy. The whole facility is just lovely in fact; very nicely decorated and comfortable. Our check-in was smooth, and the staff were friendly. Although the check-in person forgot to put our wine in the room after dinner, the owner came herself and got it for us. Breakfast was delicious. Let me say that again: breakfast was really, really tasty. Kudos to the chef! It's easy walking distance from downtown Burlington, so we had a lovely morning strolling through Church St and surrounding area.

What a great find Lang House is! We'll be back, and will recommend it to friends and family!

Room Tip: Other reviews have mentioned that the rooms in the front of the house are prone to party noise from...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jillybjolly
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Bed & Breakfast is charming and well-kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is delicious and fun. And the location is perfect for walking to Champlain Lake and the shops on Church Street. I would love to visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vincent room 303 the first night on the third floor and it was very quaint. The ne...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alana R
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I highly recommend this B&B when visiting Vermont, it is in a great location because of its closeness to so many restaurants and attractions. We recently stayed at the Lang House for 3 nights. We chose to stay in one of their rooms located in the Carriage House, it was very comfy, warm and spacious. The best part of our stay was definitely the breakfast, it was so delicious. My favorites were the almond crusted french toast and banana pancakes.

The owner Kim and her staff are so friendly and welcoming, we felt very well taken care. Unfortunately we had some car trouble during our stay, and they were so nice and helpful (specially one of their employees, Bruce). They really made a bad situation feel a lot less upsetting.

We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before this trip, it was definitely nice to have such a quiet and friendly stay in Vermont. Thank you Lang House!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank katty8622
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!