Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Hotel Vermont(Burlington)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
View Hotel
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsvan nessthe main housegarden roomcookiesb ballen roomday bedchurch streetbreakfast was deliciouscheese platenew englandeach morningeach eveningfirst floorsitting areawithin walking distancegranola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not only is the Inn beautiful, the location is the best. We arrived and parked. Just a short walk to downtown Burlington where you can find just about anything. Great farmers market on Saturday, any type of food/restaurants/bakery, theatre,music, ride bikes, or just have a seat and take in a view of the lake. The staff at the inn went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Even picked up a cake and had it in our room! Breakfast is not to be missed, excellent! Would not hesitate to recommend and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the carriage house, found it to be quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alynn5050
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautifully appointed old home, excellent accommodations, incredible breakfast with choices, and service and only a few blocks from downtown Burlington; not much more could be wanted or expected. Definitely worth a stay. I should also mention the confirmation email that included a great list of restaurant and local attractions recommended during your visit. Nice touch. Plus they are also willing to address any dietary needs.

Room Tip: There is a main house and a carriage house. The carriage house is a little quieter than the main house.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Lang House with my wife recently during a house hunting trip to Burlington. We had a wonderful experience. The location is excellent with good access to UVM and downtown, the property is very well-run, and the staff was superb. The most outstanding part of the experience for me was the incredibly good gluten-free breakfast each morning. I must eat gluten-free and in four days I had the four best breakfasts in recent memory: creative, healthful, and delicious. As an extra touch, there was a gluten-free treat awaiting me each day upon our return to the room in the afternoon (brownie, cookies, etc). My wife would add the regular breakfasts were also excellent. In sum, we had a very positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CRS32765
innkeeperlang, Owner at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Chef Courtney loved your feedback! She especially appreciates it when guests stop by the kitchen to thank her. One of the best parts of our long work day is eating staff breakfast with Courtney. She takes as good care of us as she does our guests. A well-fed staff is a happy one!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at Lang House for a long weekend and selected that particular B&B based on reviews of the breakfast, which was indeed exceptional. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were absolutely wonderful, and the location was great. We didn't rent a car and walked daily to the waterfront and other places in Burlington.

My only complaint is that I don't like dogs at my feet while I'm trying to eat my breakfast and have a conversation. I'm an animal lover (so much so that I'm a vegetarian), but having to ignore the two Lang House dogs who were hoping for scraps got really old really fast for me. The staff did talk to the dogs and tell them to get out, but the pups either ignored their orders or quickly wandered back to table-side when no one was looking. Some folks are allergic to dogs, others don't like dogs, and some, like me, like dogs, but not when I'm trying to have a romantic breakfast with my girl. Please, good people, keep the dogs corralled at breakfast time. Having a third wheel with four legs is not cute, even though the dogs themselves are cute as can be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chgofire

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are all happy that you enjoyed our breakfast fare, our convenient location, and the Lang House overall. As the owner, I am especially proud of our staff members who strive to meet and anticipate our guests' needs. I am sorry that my small dogs bothered you during breakfast. Hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Amazing, friendly staff! An amazing meal served every morning. The rooms were very nice and clean. It is an old house so the floors do creak, but they did what they could to ensure the place is clean and comfortable, which is more than enough! They remodelled certain things to make it more accommodating, while keeping the nice older features of the house, like a refurbished antique. Beautiful! I would definitely stay there again! Loved it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple