“Beautiful way to see some of Burlington”

Burlington Bike Path
Ranked #1 of 78 things to do in Burlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Converted from the Central Vermont Railway to a bike path in the 1970s, this easy trail crosses through beaches and parks and offers great views of Lake Champlain, the Adirondacks and the city.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The bike path is awesome. It parallels Lake Champlain for miles and is a great way to see different parts of Burlington.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I used to live in Burlington, and was on this trail at least 3 days a week. If you bike and love to have beautiful lake views, this trail is highly recommended... From a born Vermonter, not a transplant, or leaf peeper... Best times to bike it are summer and fall, but you need to see it all. I highly recommend going out to the cut, where the trail ends. It's beautiful, with lake on both sides. From downtown Burlington, where we would start, it normally took us 2-3 hours, depending on how fast we wanted to bike. I wouldn't recommend going kids though. The cut it rocky, and hard to pull a child cart.

2  Thank Faith I
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a beautiful path. You can do a short trip with kids or bike the whole path for a decent ride for a regular biker. The scenery is spectacular and there are plenty of places to stop with kids or for a nice break.

2  Thank VrmtTraveler
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is one of the most beautiful paths I have been on. We take it out to the Causeway and then sit on the rocks looking at the water and boats. I feel safe riding on it by myself as there are so many people walking/biking/moms pushing strollers/joggers. I bring my bike to Burlington, ride the bike path and then go into town for lunch. It is always a great day.

1  Thank lucyski
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My boyfriend and I biked for miles and hours on this path - it winds through a residential area, which was our least favorite part, but that's only for a bit and then you're right back into the beautiful scenery. We stopped and took lots of pictures and some great tips from the locals!