North Beach Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Burlington
See available hotels
Hotel Vermont(Burlington)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsbike pathfull hookupslake champlaingreat locationburlington waterfrontcan't beat the locationmain streetairstreamcauseway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We just got back from there, did not see or experience any of the problems mentioned. staff seemed nice but a little stressed most likley becuase they are so busy all the time. It is a public campground run by the Burlington parks dept. (not privately owned, or state run.) so they have to follow the city rules, (campfires out by midnight, no fires on beach etc.) The bathrooms were average for cleanliness, seeing how many people use them a day, you are in the woods so there will be some bugs and stuff in the bathrooms I've never been in a campground private or state where there were'nt bugs and some spiders on the ceilings or walls. the sites are kind of close but considering the place was full it was pretty quiet. my only real compliant is that you can't control the temp of the water in the showers really hot thats all you get, after being at the beach all day in the sun I prefer a cooler shower. We had a great time there, i don't way all the negative reviews I didn't see it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I hate giving only one star but this place really is terrible. I booked this place originally without consulting Tripadvisor (Doh!) and would have cancelled except for their very strict No Cancellation policy. There are no refunds under any circumstances.

When I called to book the reservation, I should have known what I was getting myself into. The woman on the phone was nice enough, but I asked if there were campfires allowed on the beach and some man barked into the phone that NO THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED. She then told me about the no cancellation policy, which I decided to book regardless because we needed a place to stay. I decided since it was just my husband and I, only staying for 1 night, we could tough it out no matter how bad it was. It was only $25 for one night. Obviously though, you get what you pay for.

We arrived and the woman sitting in the booth didn't greet us and just told us to go next store. Check in went smoothly enough. There are signs all over the main office saying what you aren't allowed to do. There's no kegs allowed there by the way. It definitely wasn't welcoming or inviting.

We went to our campsite, #29 I believe, and when other reviewers say that they are small... WOW they are SMALL! Our campsite barely could fit my small compact car and the picnic table. My husband and I both just started laughing because there was a huge drainage ditch running right through the middle of this site. There was literally no flat place to put our small 2 person tent. Even if there was a flat place, we would have been a stone's throw away from the next tent on the adjacent site.

We ended up leaving and booking a hotel. This was place was the pits. We didn't check out the bathrooms/showers so I have no comment there.

It seems like whoever runs this place is just trying to pack in as many sites as possible at the expense of having a good experience for the camper.

Only pro is that the campsite is 1.5 mile walk to down on a beautiful bike trail.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OliveOil0906
Reviewed 10 July 2012

REALLY? I understand that no matter what campground, Vermont seems to enjoy charging for showers! Disappointing.....but when my husband and I were leaving, we drove over to Grand Isle State Park....the bath houses there are the same way....and don't plan on using your hair dryer....it will trip the circuits.....
North Beach has a very nice beach area for swimming...and the camp sites themselves are not bad....but I tried to reserve only shaded areas for our tent....and our site was not....Also, when we asked to move to the one next to us(shaded)....we were told it was reserved....and NOONE was ever there.....It was also, VERY crowded......not much between each camper....
RELATIVE to other states, camping in Vermont is not something that even compares....Camp at any NEW YORK or PA or NC campground, and the bath houses are so much nicer.....with lots of activities planned.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wanda917
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Camped with Dave, and agree - one of the worst. I am from VT and have camped a bunch. Staff is rude, bathrooms, particularly showers, are dirty (when I say dirty, I mean bugs....lots of them.) . They run the place like a military camp, and rely super heavily upon the threat of 'the police' to do their dirty work. After our stay, we talked with a friends who were escorted out by police because they were quietly talking after midnight. . Why? if someone asked you to leave a campground, wouldn't you just do it? Why get the police involved if the guest just voluntarily leaves? Huge waste of taxpayer money. Huge pest problem. We also were in the field that abutts (wait for it...) a graveyard and a junkyard, and had raccoons and skunks through our site. Staff said it happens because 'we are in their home.' Yes...a junkyard. Exactly.

Room Tip: Not really very many 'great' sites...Perhaps not right next to the junk yard would avoid some of the pests.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Joy S
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was by far the worst camp ground I have ever stayed in. To start, I was told our site was the best in the grounds; site 134. It was located right next to the dumping yard and a unsitely wood fence was along 1/4 of the site. I have backpacked and camped in many places throughout the country. I have never had a pest problem quite like this. There were racoons, skunks and possums roaming our site all night. One night, I attempted to scare a racoon from scratching at my tent. I admit, I was loud in my efforts as the animal showed no fear of me. The next day I recieved a letter from the parks manager, Al Linnell, to see him immeadiately. He informed me that he recieved complaints of my roudy behavior and told me if he wanted he could have me removed from the grounds via police escort. When I atempted to explain to him what had happened he brushed it off like I was lying. He was very rude and told me he was going to charge me an extra $10 a night for a small pop-up tent I set up for my son to play in and an easy-up I put up to stay dry in rainy weather. When I told him I would not pay the extra money he pulled out his cell phone and began to call the police. At this time my son began to cry and he put away the phone. What kind of manager treats campers with such flagrant disrespect on a family vacation especially with a child right there. From that time on the entire staff was rude and made my family very uncomfortable. Not to mention there rules were over the top and the security acted as if we were part of a worker release program. I was a long time resident of Burlington and was greatly looking forward to returning to place I once called home. This campground did not represent what I came to love about Vermont. If you are looking for a real VT experience there are MANY other campgrounds that will better serve you. Take from me DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family