All reviews bike path camp office lake champlain spent three nights here burlington waterfront water pressure can't beat the location thoroughly enjoyed our stay main street hookups bathhouse wood electricity causeway maintenance mirror
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

For $37 per night I expect enforced quiet hours, clean restrooms, and a spacious level campsite. Here you get none of that.

My wife and I stayed here as we were traveling across New England and like to tent camp. We were traveling with our dog and needed to find a pet-friendly location. This was the best we could find.

When we arrived I had to wait a few minutes while only one person checked people in. Not a big deal, but the line was long and there was another person available who could have helped. Also, the girl at the front desk was completely apathetic. When I asked how the showers operated, she got in an argument with the other worker over how many quarters it took to start it. Also, the showers are not free! They need 1-2 quarters to start which gives you 6 minutes of cool water. Then you have to stop, reinsert the quarters, and it will turn back on. I ducked out for a second to use the restroom after I finished showering and a guy reached in and took the quarters I had. Real nice. Oh and don’t plan to shower between 8-10. The restrooms other the showers are cleaned then.

Also, The camp sites are too close together, poorly marked and with a large picnic table in the middle of the site. After we moved it we could finally back in and set up. The site was rocky, with pits and roots scattered about. There was also a family of 11 directly behind us who were loud and allowed there children to curse constantly. Real high-quality guests here. The quiet hours are not enforced and we were lucky to get 4 hours of sleep.

Finally, when I checked in I was told the security guard could unlock the gate after 9pm. When we got back from exploring downtown Burlington, he told me to drive down a one way road marked “Do Not Enter” rather than get out and unlock the gate.

Oh the WiFi doesn’t work either. Thank god it was only one night.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank johndN5980JU
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at North Beach Campground.

We spent 4 days in a full hookup site. The site was spacious, tree covered, and hard packed grass/dirt. Overall the site was very level with good water pressure. The water/electric sites in the middle of the campground were a bit snug. The campground is a city operated campground and we were impressed with the upkeep, maintenance and friendly service during our stay. The camp office is small, but has information on area attractions, Ice, and fire wood. The bathhouse/restrooms were well kept during our stay even with the volume of campers at the site.

Location, Location, Location is the main reason to stay at North Beach. The campground is literally along the Island Line bike/walking trail and had direct access to the beach on Lake Champlain (life guards, snack bar, and patio bar). The city center of Burlington is only 1.5 miles along the bike path from the campground. Most days we either walked or biked into town (which has ample bike racks to park your bike).

While we stayed in our camper, as a former die-hard tent camper, I was impressed with the number of tent friendly sites, because most campgrounds see tenters as “second class”. The tent sites were spacious, level, and not located in some obscure location.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I've stayed here several times. There may be no more perfectly situated campground in any American city if you're looking for access to town centre, beach, run/bike trails etc. Price is great, it's only a 10-minute bike or car ride to everything. I love the beach. The sites are well priced. And number one in the Rules & Regulations is Have Fun. Unfortunately that means too many people decide to ignore the other rules & regulations that say quiet hours begin at 11pm. Every time I go there some crowd parties through the night, or sets up in the middle of the night and then parties, and security does nothing. It only takes one group of inconsiderate campers to ruin it for the considerate ones - but it also takes only one trained security guy to get them off to bed. Last time this happened to me (June 2018) the manager told me the security was ex-Marines, so should be able to handle this 'next time.' Next time is no good when you didn't sleep the previous night & the noisy neighbors have left already. It's a shame they allow this to keep happening, as there is so much else to recommend the site.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This is a tricky review. How to separate the campground from the beach/park area which are very different.

CONS:
The campground sites are ridiculously close together. I mean. CLOSE. You are literally surrounded. In front, behind, beside you.

We were in sites #71-75. These were considered camper/tent sites that had water and electric (bonus), but they were extremely narrow. Mostly sand/dirt with scattered grass. To have a tent, car, and a screen house on one site was difficult. It’s that tight.

Every site was to have a fire pit. A “ring” is more accurate. They were extremely small. Most didn’t have grates (a bummer for campers who cook on the fire. )

It’s NOISY. we spent three nights here. Quiet hours are 11-7. That never happened. People are up LATE. Talking, driving, opening and closing car doors. It was quiet I would say 1-6am, at best.

They allow late check in. And by late I mean late!!! One night someone pulled in at 10:45pm. They drove up, shined their headlights directly into our tent, and proceeded to set up a tent by hammering in the stakes and unpacking via car headlights.

There are few and far between trees where we were located. That made for hot sites, hot tents, and little respite from weather conditions. Even worse is they don’t allow using trees to string things from. No clothesline, no tarps for rain coverage, no hammocks.

They say they offer WiFi (we didn’t need it) but we’re not able to access it ever. No signal.

BATHROOMS...ICK. showers although free were moldy. No temperature adjustment. Free is a plus. Fixtures are in disrepair. Only one bathhouse for entire park (aside from a separate RV park area at entrance that has a small bathhouse). It was frequently out of soap, toilet paper, paper towels.

PROS:

Staff is friendly.

The beach. Simply amazing. Close walk. Sandy. Shallow. Shade and sun options. Life guards. Rentals. Snack shack.

The bike path. Miles of dedicated relatively flat path for biking, walking, running.

Trail system. Nice trails at end of beach through the woods. You can hike for miles.

If you like to be close to dining and shopping options, you are less then two miles away from waterfront district. Three miles from church street.

Big, clean, well cared for picnic tables at each site.

Really nice dry wood for sale at camp office. Also ice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Last night of a two week stay. We have thoroughly enjoyed this campground. As others have stated, the location could not be better. The city of Burlington is an easy walk/bike ride. The Burlington bike path passes right by the campground and it is stunning. There is even an excellent grocery store a 10 minute ( at most) bike ride away. The beach, a 5 minute walk, is clean and has facilities and there is an interesting hiking/walking trail at the northwest end of the beach. Yes, the sites are close together but there are lots of trees. Our site had electricity and water and was located near the bathroom. The bathroom building is older and very basic but it is cleaned twice a day. Showers are free (a quarter is used to start them but it is returned). They last 6 minutes or so and there is no temperature control. My first shower was COLD, the second was very hot, but all the rest were just fine. Lastly, there are around 130 campsites here and it has been absolutely quiet every night including the 4th of July weekend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple