All reviews bike path big rigs camp office full hookups lake champlain spent three nights here burlington waterfront amazing location water pressure can't beat the location thoroughly enjoyed our stay main street bathhouse wood electricity causeway maintenance
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Traveling in a 38 foot coach we stayed 4 nights in a site for big rigs. Sites are grass (mostly sand). Fortunately it didn't rain so we avoided being stuck in what would have been a mud pit. Our site was spacious and backed-up to a nice wooded area which provided shade in the afternoon. The downside of that being spiders...lots of spiders. Wifi here was good. There’s plenty of space to walk the dog. This park has great beach access and access to a bike trail. All in all...a pleasant place to stay. This park is located in a quiet area.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We stayed on site 63, water and electric. Verizon phone service was good but the wifi service from the campground was spotty. The sites are very tight. The accompanying photo included a tent to the right of our motor home that was the next site and a camper to the left of our green tent from the site on the left. There were also folks directly behind us. Setting up the easy-up with solid sides awarded us a measure of privacy. No sewer wasn't a big deal as we were right near the rest rooms. The rest rooms were cleaned regularly but not thoroughly as there was dirt build up in the corners of the showers. They were typical considering the number of campers for the available toilets. This was the only shower house for the entire campground with 3 showers per side. The sites were checked after each departure and we saw a crew going around cleaning out the fire rings. The beach and lake were beautiful and the crowning glory for this camping area. The staff was pleasant and helpful. A plus and a drawback is the bike trail that is directly abutting the camping area. While visiting there was a man on a bike from the trail, who was not a camper caught peeping under the shower doors of the ladies room with a mirror. He was subsequently arrested by Burlington Police Department. This is not the campground's fault but something to consider if using the facilities. Regardless, we found the stay pleasant and enjoyed the lake very much! We will stay again.

Room tip: Be prepared for close proximity to your neighbors. The attraction here is the beach.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I looked forward to this trip for many months but I cannot express our complete disappointment with this place. They pack everyone in like sardines, the restrooms are old and dirty and the park workers don’t seem to care. It looks like a refugee camp in a 3rd work country. The ONLY plus is it’s access to a Lake Champlain beach which by the way was closed for 2 days because of cyano bacteria!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

For $37 per night I expect enforced quiet hours, clean restrooms, and a spacious level campsite. Here you get none of that.

My wife and I stayed here as we were traveling across New England and like to tent camp. We were traveling with our dog and needed to find a pet-friendly location. This was the best we could find.

When we arrived I had to wait a few minutes while only one person checked people in. Not a big deal, but the line was long and there was another person available who could have helped. Also, the girl at the front desk was completely apathetic. When I asked how the showers operated, she got in an argument with the other worker over how many quarters it took to start it. Also, the showers are not free! They need 1-2 quarters to start which gives you 6 minutes of cool water. Then you have to stop, reinsert the quarters, and it will turn back on. I ducked out for a second to use the restroom after I finished showering and a guy reached in and took the quarters I had. Real nice. Oh and don’t plan to shower between 8-10. The restrooms other the showers are cleaned then.

Also, The camp sites are too close together, poorly marked and with a large picnic table in the middle of the site. After we moved it we could finally back in and set up. The site was rocky, with pits and roots scattered about. There was also a family of 11 directly behind us who were loud and allowed there children to curse constantly. Real high-quality guests here. The quiet hours are not enforced and we were lucky to get 4 hours of sleep.

Finally, when I checked in I was told the security guard could unlock the gate after 9pm. When we got back from exploring downtown Burlington, he told me to drive down a one way road marked “Do Not Enter” rather than get out and unlock the gate.

Oh the WiFi doesn’t work either. Thank god it was only one night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank johndN5980JU
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at North Beach Campground.

We spent 4 days in a full hookup site. The site was spacious, tree covered, and hard packed grass/dirt. Overall the site was very level with good water pressure. The water/electric sites in the middle of the campground were a bit snug. The campground is a city operated campground and we were impressed with the upkeep, maintenance and friendly service during our stay. The camp office is small, but has information on area attractions, Ice, and fire wood. The bathhouse/restrooms were well kept during our stay even with the volume of campers at the site.

Location, Location, Location is the main reason to stay at North Beach. The campground is literally along the Island Line bike/walking trail and had direct access to the beach on Lake Champlain (life guards, snack bar, and patio bar). The city center of Burlington is only 1.5 miles along the bike path from the campground. Most days we either walked or biked into town (which has ample bike racks to park your bike).

While we stayed in our camper, as a former die-hard tent camper, I was impressed with the number of tent friendly sites, because most campgrounds see tenters as “second class”. The tent sites were spacious, level, and not located in some obscure location.

Date of stay: July 2018