“Best place for a great pour”
Review of Whiskey Room

Whiskey Room
Ranked #61 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Description: New Tavern/Restaurant that opened in Burlington, Vermont in March, 2012.
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Ok, we were on a mission for a bourbon, a good one, here in a college town. We turned the corner and found the whiskey room. What an AMAZING Menu, a 3 ring binder of scotches, bourbons, cognacs and other exotic pours. We thought the $100.00 tab for an Old Pappy 20 year pour was excessive but it their place and they must have an expensive inventory. We will be back here for sure on our next trip.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I've walked by the Whiskey room for years and never ventured in until yesterday. Great spot! It has the warmth of an Irish pub (fireplace included) and great drinks. What I didn't realize is that it had a fun pub menu with ample portions. My daughter and I split the Poutine with a delicious curry gravy, and a vegetable ragout. They were both excellent. There was a very adequate list of hot toddies (perfect for a winter afternoon) and I have no idea how many different whiskeys, but the menu is very extensive. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Walked past this place and thought it looked really fancy from the outside. Going inside, however, we found this place to be a charming bar. The low ceiling, wood paneling and lack of noisy tvs gave the Whiskey Room a cozy feel. I was told the whole building had been transported from Ireland.
The waiter who gave us our menus also provided suggestions which was helpful as the sheer amount of different whiskeys was almost overwhelming. Something like two hundred varieties! I took his advice and was not disappointed.
We didn't order actual dinner but tried a few of their appetizers which were very tasty. The blue cheese fries were especially delicious.
Aside from whiskeys they also had many locals beers and a variety of mixed drinks.
Granted I was there on a week day but the quiet, laid back feel of the place was a nice change from other bars. A definite Irish gem in Burlington!

1  Thank Daytripper1616
Reviewed 10 October 2013

So if you are a whiskey fan, this is the place to be. There are literally hundreds of different whiskeys on the menu -- and the bartenders are knowledgeable enough to talk you through what you're looking at.

The burger I ate was the real star of the show, though. It was amazing. Some kind of special relish on it that was memorable times ten.

Now, I think it came from the Ri Ra around the corner, but I didn't care. The food was great.

The atmosphere is neat too. A young, trendy vibe in the entire joint.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place reminded me of a cool English pub you'd find in the city. Swanky, but not intimidating. Cocktails were good, but I loved the cheese even more!