“cozy”

Whiskey Room
Ranked #46 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Description: New Tavern/Restaurant that opened in Burlington, Vermont in March, 2012.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a fairly small room with an old Irish Pub vibe. There is a huge book of whisky choices but we picked from the cocktail menu. We had a selection of meats and cheeses which you can hand pick from a long list. Everything was very tasty. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient and even Irish.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

So I don't drink whiskey but went here with a large group who was interested in the option. The menu options were interesting and everyone enjoyed their food. The poutine I ordered was okay but I had some of my friend's burger and it was yummy! They accommodated a large group (15) and got all our orders right (yay!). If you love whiskey, this is the place b/c the whiskey menu alone is a book. They also had other good libations including some fun martinis and a good (not amazing) range of draught beer.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is really great, and breaks the usual Burlington vibe to offer something unique. The atmosphere is very casual while maintaining a high sense of class. The whiskey collection seems endless, and there's a full bar for those that are looking for something other than whiskey. I'm not actually not much of a whiskey drinker, but have really enjoyed several that I've tried here. I met a group of about ten people here for snacks and a few drinks for my birthday and was really happy with the experience. In winter, the fireplace is great.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I went to this place when seeing Burlington on my last weekend trip. It was a good bar with an enormous Whiskey selection (150-200 whiskeys on tap). The food is good, the prices are a little higher, and the location is very convienent in downtown Burlington. Definitely worth visiting when looking for places to drink in Downtown Burlington.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Ok, we were on a mission for a bourbon, a good one, here in a college town. We turned the corner and found the whiskey room. What an AMAZING Menu, a 3 ring binder of scotches, bourbons, cognacs and other exotic pours. We thought the $100.00 tab for an Old Pappy 20 year pour was excessive but it their place and they must have an expensive inventory. We will be back here for sure on our next trip.