“A romantic birthday weekend getaway!”

Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
“A romantic birthday weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

A couple weeks ago I planned a weekend getaway to Burlington, VT for my boyfriend's 27th birthday. I was looking for a unique, hipster-type place, that was private and romantic, but also near-enough to downtown so that we could walk if the weather was nice. I looked through dozens of different places to stay; hotels, cabins, inns and other bed & breakfast locations. NONE compared to what I found when I came across Made INN Vermont.

Although it was a little higher in price comparison, I made the choice to book a room when I realized and added up the cost of all the amenities included. We were provided on-site parking, plenty of local snacks and drinks in our room refrigerator, spa-type goodies in our room (bath soap rose petals, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, etc!), NY-style cheesecake available as a dessert in the kitchen area, a midnight hot tub reservation, luxurious bath robes to use (I am planning to buy one of my own, it was so nice), and a Saturday morning breakfast that was ridiculously good.

I could go on and on about how great waking up at Made INN Vermont was. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we were allowed to choose our own breakfast time for a late wake-up. My boyfriend and I made coffee and took croissants up to the cupola to read the paper and relax while the professional chef made our hot crepes, home-fries and maple bacon!

Linda made everything about our weekend stay one-of-a-kind. Made INN Vermont was even better in person than we expected from viewing pictures on the website, reading past reviews, and seeing other photos on tripadvisor. If you are looking for a romantic getaway that has unique charm without the usual overly feminine traits that a bed & breakfast typically has, this is the place. Nothing about Made INN Vermont cuts corners. We were provided with exceptional service and hospitality that was well worth the price.

I can't wait to go again. We had such a great time in February, I can't even imagine what fun Made INN Vermont will be in the summer!

Room Tip: We found room the smallest room (#903) to be enough space for staying one overnight. If you are comi...
2 Thank JR3L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2013

When my girlfriend and I walked in the door of this amazing B&B, Linda, the owner, immediately whisked us up to the widow's walk at the top of the house and served us hot spiced cider. As if that weren't enough, she then let us know that we would be staying in a larger room than we had originally booked. I don't think there could possibly be a better way to welcome guests to your inn!

Made INN Vermont is an absolutely perfect B&B. The house is amazing; I wish I had spent more time exploring all of the different books and games available in the parlor. The vibe is definitely hip but totally unpretentious. The decor ranges from restored Victorian chairs to some old coffee-shop tables. Fun fact: the painting in the hallway on the second floor was done by Linda's daughter. Also fun fact: our room had an entire wall that was covered in chalkboard paint. We had a lot of fun adding to the pictures that the previous occupants had left there.

Linda also is a wealth of knowledge about what to do in Burlington. She offered great suggestions for where to eat dinner both nights we were in town, as well as letting us know which bars had live music that were "in crawl-home distance" (read: 5 minute walk down the hill) from her front door.

The breakfasts were delicious. The chef was super accommodating to the different dietary needs of all of the guests staying at the inn the weekend we were there. All of the dishes focused on local ingredients. My favorite was a 'Vermont breakfast burrito.'

The only bad thing about the entire weekend was the fact that we had to leave at the end. We'll definitely be back the next time we head back up to Burlington!

1 Thank Evan W
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was a really great place to get away from the city. My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice romantic getaway and we found it here. The woman who runs this inn is very friendly and more than happy to customize your experience to make it the right fit for you. The breakfast was absolutely incredible. The rooms were clean and fun with treats and games placed throughout. There was this awesome record player in our room that we had fun using. The bathrooms were clean and charming with an antique tub in ours. There was a hot tub outside that we used. It was clean and wonderful. The location was walking distance from downtown and campus but there wasn't any noise at all. If you are considering a bed and breakfast in Burlington, look no further.

2 Thank Jenna H
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I just joined trip advisor I order to review this lovely b&b. My boyfriend and I stayed at Made Inn in mid-December for a pre-holiday getaway. We had such a wonderful trip and this b&b really helped to make our short visit relaxing. The house is lovely. I usually find b&b s too 'frouffy' but the design at Made Inn is spot-on: restrained and chic yet whimsical & interesting. Linda the owner is friendly and thoughtful, while giving you plenty of private time. The room was well-appointed (great magazines, free snacks in the mini-bar, super comfortable bed) and spotlessly clean. We barely wanted to leave. There is also the lovely widow's walk, which affords a breathtaking view of Burlington and comes complete with cozy stove. And there's a hot tub! We should have taken more advantage of the living room area with its super vintage games collection. In the morning, Linda cooks a hearty and delicious breakfast. I'm vegan and my boyfriend is gluten-free so we're not the easiest couple to cook for but Linda was thoughtfully sensitive to our dietary needs; she made us a wide array of amazing breakfast options including gluten-free waffles, organic oatmeal with soy yogurt and fresh fruit and scrambled eggs and potatoes for my boyfriend. We will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend the Made Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in 903 and liked it.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BristolCM
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My boyfriend planned a surprise road trip up from NYC to Burlington. It was our second time staying at Made INN Vermont and we had an amazing time. Made INN Vermont is hands down the best B&B we’ve ever stayed in! Everything from the decor to the breakfast spread is impeccable and thoughtfully curated. We stayed in room 903 again, which was perfect for us, but we’d like to try one of the larger rooms the next time we come up to visit. The room, like the rest of the home, is an eclectic mix of re-purposed, vintage, and modern styles. It is even more beautiful in person.

Linda, the innkeeper, is a fantastic host and made the day even more special by bringing up spiced cider in the widow’s walk as we watched the sunset over Lake Champlain and later served up fondue for all three couples staying at the inn. She also packed us up a delicious homemade breakfast for the road since we had to leave early on Friday morning.

We'll definitely be back!

1 Thank KimberlyAnnC
Latham, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed a long weekend in Made Inn Vermont, and we could not have been more enchanted. The Inn is like living in a piece of art. It is absolutely beautiful and inviting. It is very cool, not stuff with florals and lace like other B&Bs. Breakfast was outstanding, but that was not the only food offered. Snacks and beverages were available throughout the day, both in the common areas and also in the rooms. Our Room (904) was just perfect. Perfect! The bed was heaven. The room was spacious and sleek, just divine. We had bathroom number 1 - very spacious and luxurious with a claw-foot bath. Do not miss out on the hot tub! The only thing that was missing was a workout space, but the owner showed us the space that she is currently converting into just that. The owner and the rest of the staff are lovely, energetic, engaging and welcoming. We were perfectly at ease as a same-sex couple. Additionally, the Inn is located in a great area of Burlington. We will likely make this our go-to weekend destination!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own personality, and the owner will be more than happy to help you select a s...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marissa W
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is quite the inn! After checking in to room 903 (small but perfectly cozy), Linda suggested that we take a look at the winter sunset from the widow's walk. We were met with hot cider, cheesecake, and a heated fireplace to complement the gorgeous view. The inn is packed full of luxurious amenities and eclectic oddities which were delightful to peruse: art books, vintage games and puzzles, knick knacks and interesting decor. For whatever idea we had, Linda had something to make it that much more special- hot chocolate, cozy robes, great music piping through the downstairs, a tropical beverage for the hot tub... she was almost insistent that we take advantage of every special thing the inn has to offer. Breakfast was incredible both mornings- eggs and delicious local cheese, maple bacon, pancakes with fresh fruit, cinnamon raisin french toast, all in addition to the spread she prepares for the table with granola, pastries, yogurt, juices, fruits. The staff was attentive, the space attractive- all in all a nice way to stay in Burlington.

1 Thank Shannon H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!