“Charming, quirky, comfortable and what a host!”

Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne
“Charming, quirky, comfortable and what a host!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This gorgeous period home has been lovingly turned into a charming B+B by designer and host extraordinaire Linda.
The house was crammed full of interesting knick knacks such as a working guitar amplifier – OK we did need to move some of the décor to make space in our. The room was totally comfortable and the bed super-soft.
There were complimentary juices on arrival which we enjoyed up in the tower (widow walk) watching the sun set. Free snacks, tea and coffee were available 24/7. The hot tub was great after a day of sightseeing and Linda insisted we use it. Plus there were books and games in the cosy lounge. Linda was full of good advice on where to eat – and there’s plenty of great variety at bargain prices a short walk into town. In other words, this was a real B+B where guests were encouraged to make themselves at home, enjoy the whole property and relax.
The breakfasts changed every morning – we stayed 3 nights – the pic shows day 3 - this time Vermont French Toast - brioche topped with fresh housemade raspberry sauce made by chef Jana– but the star of the whole show – the outrageous, extrovert hostess with the mostest – Linda was camera-shy. We’d love to return.

Travelled as a (mature age Australian) couple for five weeks around East Coast USA. Generally did not book ahead, prefer to have freedom to linger as we please, and to actually see the room before we commit. Have travelled this way many times before in USA and Europe. Stayed at a variety of hotels and B+Bs from 3 to 5 star. In busy areas (Quebec City, NYC) we booked in advance from Tripadviser reviews or similar websites.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Linda, the owner, was absolutely attentive to details and very friendly. You will not find any other place Vermont or otherwise that has the awesome style, comfort and experience that this place has. The view from some of the rooms is awesome, so is the food...and I've never slept better during my travels...or maybe even at home.

Room Tip: Room 905 is big and the bed is comfortable. I haven't tried 904 but I hear that one is awesome t...
1 Thank Alexander C
Maryland
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Made Inn Vermont. The innkeeper Linda is very friendly and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. The room and bathroom were very clean. It did not make a difference that the rooms were separate from the bathrooms as they are just a few steps away from each other. We both slept very well on the high quality mattress. The breakfast was quite tasty, and we appreciated that Linda got up early to make us breakfast before our long drive home. Thanks again!

Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I found ourselves celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in Burlington. Unfortunately upon booking the only hotel we could find availability only at the Hilton. After spending just one hour in this stale and dated hotel I decided to hunt for a B & B, hoping that since my last search, there may have been a cancellation.

After many calls I found the Made INN... Linda answered and instantly I found myself enchanted by her. She was so lovely, inviting, and enthusiastic. She allowed us to check in early and made great recommendations for our day travels.

The property is absolutely spectacular. From the hip and groovy living room, to the romantic private hot tubbed deck, to the magnificient cupola overlooking the city and beyond the gorgeous lake and mountains. The rooms are all different, funky, unique, and most importantly comfortable. Everything you could possibly want in terms of decadence is there.

Breakfast was divine... cooked to order using all fresh local ingredients. My husband and I ate in the funky living room surrounded by gorgeous art, interesting books, and listening to great rock and roll music.

Leaving was torture! It's been a week since our stay and I am already dying to return. Thank you Linda for an unforgettable stay and for rescuing us from the Hilton!

1 Thank Julie R
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is is located really close to downtown Burlington. The service that Linda and her staff provide is the best you can find. They treat you like you are family and cater to every detail. They make you feel super welcome and the food is spectacular and very "Vermont". The house is beautiful and they let you touch and use everything from guitars and boardgames, to vinyl. Definately better than any boring hotel in the area. The best Inn in Burlington!

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I loved everything about my stay at the Made Inn. My room (904) was a haven - I arrived exhausted after a week and a half bouncing from hotel to hotel, and found my room so comfortable and welcoming that I really didn't want to leave. Loved having a record player and a selection of 100+ albums in the room. Loved the quality bedding, the Eames leather chair, the abundant natural light and air.

Once I could pry myself out of the bedroom, the living areas were a delight. There was an extensive library of books on art, music, architecture and style - and this was not a typical hotel setting intended to give the impression of a library - this was a well stocked high quality Library. Nothing about the Made Inn is fake.

Breakfast was a real treat to look forward to - each day was different and delicious, and breakfast was served when it suited us.

The building itself was gorgeous, and the view from the rooms, and even more so from the Cupola, was stunning. On top of all this, the people were delightful. Just like everything else about the Made Inn, everyone we met was the genuine article. It was great that our host Linda was caring, flexible, warm and welcoming, but she was also hilariously entertaining and funny (in a good way!). Linda's infectious warmth and enthusiasm had obviously rubbed off on everyone else working there too - Jana (responsible for the amazing breakfasts), Lizzie and the other staff we met were equally charming, caring and helpful, and they clearly love working there.

The Made Inn may not be for everyone - each room has its own bathroom, but the walk down the hall to get to it may be a deal breaker for some. But for me, I have never felt quite so comfortable and at home. I am frequent business traveller, I stayed in 8 other hotels on this trip alone and probably average 60-70 hotels each year, and I can safely say that for quality of overall experience, the Made Inn rates right at the top.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Phil_1960_Sydney
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Staying at Made INN Vermont is like staying at your nicest, hippest friend's huge mansion, and having her personal chef make you the nicest breakfast you've ever had. The Inn is located in a surprisingly quiet area, considering how it is surrounded on all sides by college students, and I was able to easily walk to Church Street for dinner and back. Keep in mind that the bathrooms are shared between all the rooms. I only wish I could have stayed for longer - the views from the widow's walk at the top of house were breathtaking, perfect for sunset viewing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!