“Dropped in, got amazing service!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Burlington, Vermont
“Dropped in, got amazing service!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My mom and sister were staying at the Inn. I was crashing with a friend in Burlington before UVM opened up again, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I didn't have a place to stay for the last night before campus reopened. I stopped by the Inn and checked with the owner, Linda, to see if she'd let me crash in their room (904) with them. I have stayed there before with my mom and sister, so she knew me. Not only did she find a comfy fold-out bed for me to use, she let me stay with them for no extra charge to me or to my family!

Once I had settled in, Linda offered those of us of age some AMAZING mimosas to sip as we relaxed to some of the soothing vintage records playing in our room. The room was put together exquisitely, with no detail overlooked. In the spacious closet, there was a mini-fridge full of drinks and a box on top full of yummy snacks. Linda even gave us some complimentary fuzzy socks to keep our feet warm as we walked around at night! (Shoes off to protect the floors. :) )

Breakfast the next morning was DIVINE, as usual, and Jana and Linda did an amazing job of seeing to all our needs. We were able to drink fresh-squeezed orange juice with our breakfast. I had the cheesy eggs and fried potatoes. Generous portions, and coffee brewed to perfection. My sister had the baked french toast, which was to die for.

This is the only Inn I'll ever stay at here! Absolutely amazing. I'd recommend it to everybody and everybody looking for a light-hearted, but classy, getaway. d

Room Tip: We've stayed in 905 and 904. 904 has an amazingly comfy king-sized bed (according to my mom and...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lizzie N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Amman
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My SO and I stayed here during the off season. It was perfect, beautiful, romantic. It's in a good location, but it's also just a great place to curl up and snuggle. and breakfast was AMAZING. recommend 100%

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Wallingford, Vermont
Reviewed 4 February 2014

A little while before my birthday, my SO and I decided we needed/deserved a mini vacation just to get away from the daily grind. We knew we wanted something quiet and not too far away from home. A friend of ours recommended Made Inn Vermont and, given the pictures and past reviews we just had to check it out. Linda was very accommodating and fit us in short notice right before Thanksgiving.

From the moment we walked through the door, we knew this was the right choice. The decor was chic and modern, yet warm and inviting. Our room (905) was fitted with an electric fireplace, leather lounge chair, super comfy queen sized bed and a record player. Not to mention a personal fridge and pantry stocked with loads of yummy treats and drinks. We arrived just in time to enjoy some hot cocoa and watch the sun set over the lake from the widow's walk.

Breakfast was amazing both days with not only a spread of fresh fruit, yogurt and plenty of coffee, but also a new made to order option like, eggs benadict, pancakes or crepes every morning. Jana was even nice enough to serve us breakfast in bed the first morning.

To be honest, we spent most of our time in our room playing the huge assortment of games, records and movies and hanging out with the inn cats Casey Boy and Cutie Catie. When we did go out, we enjoyed a very tasty and very affordable dinner just down the road at Vermont Pub and Brewery (tons of local brews available). We also toured Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory on Pine street (Yum...free samples). There is no shortage of things to do right within walking distance of the inn.

This trip was exactly what the two of us needed. Made Inn is the most perfectly romantic little get-away-from-it-all place. It has that extra something that allows you to forget it all for a little while. Thanks, and we hope to return again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Montgomery Village, Maryland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The charm of Linda,the Innkeeper, was outstanding. The Inn was great despite the cold, cold weather. The breakfasts were above and beyond what one could expect, great fresh eggs, french toast, a lot of fruit (blue berries, raspberries, black berries), plus maple bacon and fried potatoes. Coffee at any hour plus the New York Times as well as the local papers. The beds were extremely comfortable. Looking forward to a return trip.

Green Features: Linda the Innkeeper is very demanding regarding being "green".
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Waldo4646
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I'm sure I sound like everyone else for the raving review I am about to write. The Made Inn Vermont B&B is an incredible place to stay. When my girlfriend and I arrived there we were exhausted and slightly disheartened by the amount of horrific weather we experienced on our drive up. The minute we stepped out of the car, Linda (the inn keeper) was waiting at the door to take our bags. Immediately she offered us heady toppers (arguably one of the best beers), hand-squeezed orange juice mimosas or some of her sangria. We opted for the beer (it's not ever day someone offers you a free world-renowned beer!) and headed up to our room.

The room was so awesome - there were neon lights underneath, one of the halls was a chalkboard and there were electric guitars and snacks (plus a fridge filled with juice and MORE beer). We put our stuff down, cracked our beers and were given a list of excellent places to eat just a hop, skip and jump away from the inn.

The next morning our breakfast was made by an incredible woman (I feel so badly that never got her name). Linda brought us countless mimosas *all free of charge* and sat and chatted with us the entire time. We really felt special, and you could tell she was actually interested in getting to know us.

Bottom line: If you're someone who values community, good food and hospitality this is the place for you. Linda has created an environment that is inclusive and communal: you will talk to the people staying there and most likely eat with them. Linda will quickly become someone you're spilling your secrets do and you'll forget that you've paid to be there. it honestly feels like a steal for the amount you get.

My only regret is not getting Linda's personal cellphone number so I could continue to gab with her! She is SO fun!

this place is PERFECT for anyone that likes people, art, food and drinking. I will be coming back in the spring! I cannot wait!

Thank you, Linda!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bonesofmae
MadeINNVermont, Owner at Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guests,

On behalf of the entire team, we wish to thank you for the overwhelmingly kind review about Made INN Vermont. We pride ourselves in providing high-end personalized service; your testimony is well appreciated. Please call our INN, as we would love to continue our conversation . . . any time.

We seldom respond to guests who write glowing reviews on this forum, but for the guests who are deciding to book with us, this is an opportunity to clarify a few points and questions they may have. . . . Our petite hotel offers as a welcoming drink service with choices of non-alcohol or alcohol quenchers, (because we know that is the kind of welcoming we appreciate when we travel), however, our (1) alcohol drink per guests is our actual service as part of their room rate. . . . It is also true, we serve organic mimosas with Sunday breakfast, topping off a relaxed stay and ending to our weekend service at our B&B, or as we like to title our service . . . . all-inclusive "mini-resort". Even though our mimosa service may have seemed unlimited, our rule is (2) limit per non-driving guests and (1) limit for drivers.

Made INN Vermont is a chic boutique, yet casual and relaxed B&B with just (4) rooms, allowing us, again, to provide more attentive and personalized service It's important to let our future guests know that as responsible hosts we honor are drink service, keeping a comfortable balance for all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back. The spring and summer seasons in our beautiful city of Burlington adds different options to your stay. Try them all. Burlington is a great base for your adventures in Vermont.

Kind regards,

Linda Wolf
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I kind of messed up. We hadn't read the website carefully an didn't realize that the inn's (private) bathrooms are not en-suite. So when we arrived with our 2-year-old, I was worried we had picked the wrong place. I could not have been more wrong. Linda and her amazing staff bent over backwards to make sure that everything about our stay was perfect. And we were there for four nights, so we really got to experience the breadth of their talents. They went out of their way to make sure we had the best possible breakfasts, though all three of us were eating differently. They provided our son with snacks, toys, and the most kid-friendly kitty we've ever met. One evening while I was winding up some work, Linda tapped lightly on my door to give me a glass of Sangria and a bowl of crackers (she had already learned that I liked her Sangria). By the end of our stay, I was convinced that Linda should be teaching courses to other B&B owners in how to get everything just right. All three of us had a truly wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JenMB66
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

What more can I say than this is one of the coolest and most unique places I have ever stayed! We stayed on NYE and simply had an amazing time. The host is incredibly kind and gracious, and went out of her way to make our evening memorable.
The whole house is immaculatley decorated with themes in every corner. There is even a hot tub and game room with pool table!
I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justin802
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!