“Great coffee”
Review of Muddy Waters

Muddy Waters
Ranked #2 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Burlington
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Prior to our Burlington departure - as brief as our visit was - we needed another dose of caffeine to keep our hearts pumping at our preferred rate. On Main Street is another little place that's seemingly as jumping as Uncommon Grounds. Walking into Muddy Waters is like entering a dimly-lit barn-like space. Roughly hewn beams and wooden walls, stained glass and floorboards kind of made me want to get up and do-si-do up to the counter to place our orders. Don't think that would have gone down too well.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stopped in Muddy Waters to pick up some coffee. The drinks were very good. My iced latte had a good flavor and was blended just right. The atmosphere in the cafe was unique and perhaps a bit odd. It was also quite dark, so we took our drinks to go. Service was a bit slow, and the barista wasn't in a particular hurry, but it was worth the wait.

If you are looking for good coffee in central Burlington, Muddy Waters is a good choice.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Came in with a friend expecting a laid back coffee shop where I could do some work. Was ignored at the counter for several minutes before being nonchalantly greeted. I ordered juice and zucchini bread and planned to get coffee once I settled into work.

My juice came out in a spotty glass at room temp, not too appetizing. It also seemed watery, unlike other raw squeezed juices I've had. Zucchini bread was ok. However when I couldn't get on wifi when there were visibly at least 3 other guests working on theres. I asked the servers at the counter who rudely laughed and said they don't have wifi. A little confused I packed up my stuff and left. The whole experience was very off putting. Be warned if you're not hipster enough looking for this staff, you won't be served respectfully.

2  Thank beth_goes
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Definitely a great place to get together with friends for a cup of coffee. There is a fair amount of seating, but it tends to get crowded, especially on weekends. They have a variety of pastries and bagels that are also available. Their coffee selection is fairly standard, but definitely flavorful.

1  Thank Kat D
Reviewed 16 December 2013

If you like independent coffee shops, then you will adore this one. Its decorated artistically and its fun! You can sip a coffee by yourself or have a group of people.

I have tried their coffee, smoothies and teas - and everything is amazing.

I love to bring a book in here and just sit, sip and people watch. My favorite coffee shop in Burlington and a place I visit every time I go to VT.