“The oldest place in town”
Review of Bove's Restaurant - CLOSED

Bove's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 27 November 2013

If you are into going back in time in your dining experience, then Bove's is your place. It's not expensive and very informal. The decor has not changed in 60 years and that's not an exaggeration. The Italian-American cuisine is simple and "the sauce is the boss" here. It's a Burlington institution. White italian bread, a plate of pasta and a soft drink. It's like sitting down at grandma's kitchen table for a bite. Simple and nostalgic.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing red sauce. And our waiter Grayson was awesome... We had a great time and great food. Def will return next year

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We dined at Bove's after an afternoon of visiting Burlington. At 3:00 in the afternoon the place was doing a good business. the bread and plain salad were nothing to rave about, but the lasagna was delicious and plentiful for $9! I took half of mine home and it was even better the next day.
Our waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. I will return if I'm in Burlington again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Yes, that's what I said, Italian Wonder Bread. Had to have come right out of a bread bag. Half an inch thick and soft. Never have experienced anything like this before in an Italian restaurant. When the bread is bad, the meal can only get worse. Chicken parm and pasta which was totally covered with a over bearing sauce that the locals must really think is good or this place would die. The owner must think he's the next Ben & Jerry's of tomato sauce because if you really like it, you can buy some commercially packaged jars before leaving. The person who recommended this place to me must have dead taste buds and now owes me a meal.

1  Thank ted61
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had heard that this was a good restaurant, and I usually enjoy ones that have been around a long time and are frequented by locals. Bove's did not disappoint. We had great pasta dinners (wife had mushroom and wine sauce, and I just had spaghetti and meat balls with the normal sauce) and an antipasti salad to share. Our waiter was attentive. We even found a parking space directly in front of the restaurant on a Saturday night. Unfortunately we live 3,000 miles away but will visit again if we are in Burlington.