“Great pizza, wings and other choices”
Review of Big Daddy's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Daddy's
Ranked #177 of 242 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Big Daddy's on lower Church Street is small and usually busy. It's very popular for take out and delivery. They even deliver outside of Burlington. Delivery takes 30-45 minutes outside of Burlington. The pizza is excellent, award winning wings, and a big menu to choose from. They have outdoor seating in nice weather. The people who work there are very friendly and nice.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We had a coupon from an entertainment book so decided to go here for dinner. It took quite a long time for a pizza but it looked like the kitchen was very busy. We decided that if we go there again, we would call ahead and order first. Good pizza, not the best but tasty with fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 15 July 2008

I'm right now recovering from a Big Daddy's disaster compounded by a manager's blowoff that amounted to a few words not suitable for a site like this.

I ordered a stromboli, jalapeno poppers, and a small Dr. Pepper's soda (Big Daddy's delivers late, and I'm working late). First, the driver had no clue how to find the prominent landmark I'm in (I could count the number of skyscrapers in Burlington on one hand, and I'm located in one of them).

Then, the driver (new) turned up with only half the order. I called them and they sent the stromboli over. So far, I could forgive, as I know what it's like to be new. In fact, I left the 15% tip on the slip even after I had been told by the driver that, given what happened, I could remove the tip. It's on my company's tab, but given that I head that company, I don't spend a cent more than is justified.

But the last straw is disastrous. I opened the small Dr. Pepper. During the entire time (a good while) it was in my possession it sat, undisturbed and unshaken, on the bed. I opened it and was drenched with spray -- all over myself, all over the room, everywhere. Almost half of the bottle was gone before the seal on the cap was broken.

You can't get soda to do that without deliberately, intentionally, shaking the bottle up. I may be middle aged now, but I was once a teenager. I've created a few coke bombs in my life. I know how it's done. I'm no fool.

The driver may or may not have shaken it up. Given my experience in my misspent youth, I'd guess it would have been more likely a disgruntled backroom employee, or a bottle intended by an employee as a practical joke for someone else. Whatever it was, given that I had a mess and did not have a soda (the very reason I placed the order in the first place was for a caffeinated beverage), I did not think it unreasonable that Big Daddy's at least send me another soda.

I called, spoke to the manager, and was blown off. He insisted that Big Daddy's was in no way responsible for the event, implying that I had in fact shaken it up. Yeah, right: 51 year old women working late into the night, and who are in no position to clean up the consequent mess, ordinarily give their sodas a good shake before opening them.

I guess I get to now go try to clean myself up as best I can. Then I get to stay up all night trying to get my work finished. I should be looking just wonderful in the morning, I'm sure, and quite functional as well.

The food, by the way, is unremarkable, in either direction. It's a run-of-the-mill pizza joint, neither good nor bad, interchangeable with many other such establishments around the country.

Lets just say I intend to take advantage of Big Daddy's interchangeability in the future, and order elsewhere.

2  Thank Oaktree_8
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Best pizza IN town. Prices are a little high though. If you get mushrooms, ask them to precook them, else you will have your entire top of the pizza slide off the dough. Music is too loud when eating in or waiting.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 4 April 2008

I frequent this pizza place. While inconsistent, when it is good, it is very good. I usually go with the large BBQ chicken pizza with extra BBQ chicken. The pizza is on the expensive side but is probably the largest I have seen.

~1/8 times, the pizza will be dissapointing. (cold without much topping) I attriute this to different people working there at different times.