Hotel Vermont
US$188
US$170
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont(Burlington)(Great Value!)
US$144
Courtyard
US$102
US$164
US$148
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
US$111
All reviewssparkling waterjuniper restauranthen of the woodschurch streetlake champlainyoga classesnatural woodcool hotelcoffee mugscoffee stationcheese and crackersfriendly hotelpartial viewtop floorcherry streetfresh fruitfree bikes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Burlington was the final stop on a New England road trip that my mom and I were taking earlier this summer. I came across Hotel Vermont on Trip Advisor and knew that it was a relatively new hotel. I called the hotel to get more information and the lady was extremely helpful in providing me with details about everything. So, I decided to give it a try. The hotel has a unique rustic meets green meets minimalist meets upscale feel to it. I liked the look and the design of it - a nice change from the cookie-cutter hotel look. The location was great - just a few blocks from both Church Street in one direction and from the Lake in the other direction. The staff was friendly. We really enjoyed our two night stay and I will definitely plan to stay here on my next visit back to Burlington!

Room Tip: If you can, select a room on a higher floor for the best view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed just one night and it was such a shame to have to leave. This beautifully executed hotel really impressed me on many levels. The hotel makes a commitment to be environmentally friendly which is to be commended. It can be seen with the use of recycled wooden fittings (even the luggage carts!), and energy saving features such as each floor having a tea and coffee centre rather than fridges in every room.

It is also really well designed throughout. Fittings and features are of a high quality and, while at first glance the room seems austere, one soon realises that there is plenty of comfort and class. The bed and bedding were excellent and I loved the woollen blanket in its leather strap, copy of Vermont Life in its canvas slip etc. Arriving late and going straight to bed we were a bit disappointed because the blind didn't seem to keep out the night lights however we didn't realise there is another black-out blind behind it. The bathroom was split into two sections - shower and basin on one side, toilet and basin on the other. Great if you are sharing even if it is your nearest and dearest!

I loved the combination of materials in this hotel and felt the best had been made of the natural features of the wood, wool, steel, concrete and slate used. Congratulations to the designer. There is also a celebration of Vermont and the local - by using local materials within the structure of the building but also the food and products consumed.

We were similarly impressed with the service - genuinely friendly and helpful (including reservations who I dealt with by email when booking from our home in New Zealand). We were directed to a great guest laundry on the second floor without the usual push to buy laundry services, and helped with taxis and directions. The hotel is within very easy walking distance to both the lake and Church St.

Hotel Vermont is not the cheapest lodgings in Burlington but is good value for what you receive. It would have to be one of the nicest placed I've ever stayed in and it is highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RT-Whanganui
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My son and I stayed here one night before I dropped him off at camp. A fun funky vibe which we both loved. The rooms are very small but highly functional. We had no closet in our room but it wasn't a problem for us. If it was a multi night stay, it would be. We had a room close to the elevator and it was loud due to a LOT of foot traffic. Everything Is new and clean and the staff is super friendly. We went to Juniper for breakfast and it was fantastic. Will Definately stay again next time we visit Burlington.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Leigh H
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was looking for a hotel in Burlington and chanced upon Hotel Vermont after a quick internet search, and boy am I glad I did. I was only in town for one night and so was just looking for a run-of-the-mill Courtyard or Sheraton, but Hotel Vermont turned an overnight into a mini-vacation.

It's difficult to describe this property - all the minimalist chic of a W or Ames (in Boston) mixed with the country charm of the Woodstock Inn. The architecture, lines and décor are very sleek and simple but the furnishings and stuff in the rooms (glasses, ice bucket, soap dish etc.) are all locally sourced from Vermonters - so it's this surprising blend of sophistication and folksy which really works.

Also don't miss their terrific bar and restaurant, Juniper. They have one of the most innovative cocktail lists I've ever seen. Every single drink had some sort of surprising ingredient or combination I'd never seen before. Very cool.

All the staff we met were super friendly and somehow all of these elements taken together - the space, the 'stuff', the people, turned this property from just a hotel into a relaxing, peaceful, pleasant oasis. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

i wasn't supposed to be staying here; didn't even know it existed. i'd booked the marriott courtyard next door; online; but on turning up they had no record of my booking and they were fully booked. now i'm no numpty; i know how to book a hotel online; my mistake was not making a note of the booking reference and not getting concerned when i didn't receive a confirmation email. with thoughts starting to emerge of having to tramp round the corner to the ghastly hilton they rang their 'sister hotel' next door and set me up with an introduction. i just had to walk across a courtyard. i was in but i was also confused. what's a 'sister hotel'? this place didn't look like a marriott and didn't talk like a marriott but was it a marriott in disguise. no it's 'independently run'. still confused i gave up. either way i think i got lucky. for about the same price i got a much better hotel. it's new and you can tell...in a nice way. everything is sparkling and everything works. the staff are super keen. nice restaurant, busy with a good buzz about it ( food lovely although the wine choice is a bit limited; only a bit better than 'red or white !' ) and a nice outdoor seating area. room very clean with a clinical finish (i liked). rather oddly many things in the room appeared to have price tags and be for sale. my bet is that this place will continue to improve as they got more experience and feedback from customers. burlington needed a place like this; the best in town from my experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business