“Amazing stay!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Oswego, NY
“Amazing stay!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our second stay at the Hotel Vermont and we look forward to our next stay. Our room was so quiet and comfortable. There was a great view of Lake Champlain from the soaking tub which was a great and relaxing treat after a cool fall day. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and welcoming. The bed is so comfortable. It is so convenient to have coffee, tea, and water available just steps away from the room. You cannot beat the location as it is just a short walk to everything. We parked our car upon arrival and did not need it until our departure. The hotel embodies the spirit of Vermont.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Finally Burlington has a hotel that reflects the beautiful state of Vermont!
Staff is extraordinarily knowledgeable and outgoing. Rooms have a beautiful modern design with touches of Vermont charm.... and views of Lake Champlain are spectacular!
The deep soaking tub was the absolute best!!
Great breakfasts, super dinner at Hen of the Wood and pleasure shopping up the street!
I love this place and even now thinking about my next stop over in Burlington just to stay here.
Need time to get a massage next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a soaking tub with a view of Lake Champlain
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is truly the best hotel in the area. I can't say enough about the friendly,knowledgeable staff, the best location, the best breakfast, complimentary local Dobra TEAS, and HEN of the Wood right next door!!!
Stayed twice since this hotel opened,and this is our go to place for Burlington!
The deep soaking tub with a spectacular view of Lake Champlain is the ultimate bliss after a road trip.

Room Tip: you must get a room with a tub if you love to soak!
Harwich Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Vermont and would absolutely reccomend it to anyone staying in the area. I was traveling with my family on the last leg of a cross country road trip from California. After staying at various hotels accross the country, I can say with certainty that the Hotel Vermont ranks 2nd to none. Tim from the front desk was especially fantastic. He not only checked me in right away, but also helped us unload our insanely packed car, and then assisted us in bringing it to our room. We also received a warm welcoming vibe from the managers Matt and Haans. Matt reccomended we have dinner next door at the Hen of the Woods. We were a little hesitant as we wanted to explore downtown some, but it may end up going down in history as the greatest reccomendation of all time. What a fantastic dinner(Props to Ian our ginger server!!). The restaurant in the hotel was also great. Wonderful bar ambience at night, and a perfect breakfast the next morning. As for the accomadations, they were also top notch. The room was very clean and the design was well thought out. We especially enjoyed the Kuerig coffee and filtered water station located on our floor. I also enjoyed the beautiful white oak doors, and especially the high ceilings as I stand over seven feet tall. Overall, just a perfect ending to our long road trip. Well worth the price. Perfect location, beautiful property, and a very friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Didn't have a reservation as I had not planned on staying in Burlington. Driving through it, however, I realized what a beautiful town it is and, as it was getting late in the afternoon, I decided I would stay the night. I tried all the major chain hotels down by the waterfront but they were all booked up on a tuesday night in August, which speaks to the touristy draw of Burlington. I tried the Hotel Vermont, one block up, as a last ditched effort and got the last room available. What you lack of a view outside is more than made up for the natural decor inside, reflecting Vermont perfectly. Lots of stone and wood, in a rather minimalistic style. Great bar. Great food, Great staff. And very walkable neighborhood. The room was bright, clean, comfortable, and, again, rather rustic in a chic modern way. Gonna go outta my way to go back someday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hawkesbury, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We like this new hotel scenario, in the room there are no coffee machines, fridges, mini bars or news papers, BUT you find on every floor - close to the elevator - refreshments, cold fresh water (no chlorine taste), hot water, Keurig coffee machines, tea, honey, apples and whatever you need for these beverages. Free WiFi in your room - no paper needed. Rooms are smaller, but very comfortable, excellent chairs - good for your back, separation of toilet and shower (which is large and comfortable), no bath tub needed. We rated "cleanliness" average due to a small problem in our room, but this was solved by the very friendly front desk team. Our special thanks to Miss Lucy, who went out of her way to help out my wife's pillow request. Location is prime, parking no problems.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I loved everything about this hotel - the decor, the atmosphere, the friendly staff etc...and I can't wait to return. I think it is an incredible value especially when you compare it to the Courtyard Marriott next door that actually cost more for the nights we were there this past weekend. I loved the coffee/water station on the floor outside of our room. The room was spotless and the bed and linens were so comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was so nice and friendly - especially the front desk people and the valet. I loved the hotel's creative use of Vermont products - especially the Vermont flannel blanket on the pull out trundle ! We have spent many weekends in Burlington in various hotels over the years - and this was definitely the best hotel experience we have had !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews

Been to Hotel Vermont? Share your experiences!