“Service with a Smile”
Review of Hotel Vermont

Hotel Vermont
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a wonderful place to spend a weekend! The level of service we received at the Hotel Vermont really blew me away. Matt at the front desk seemed to be there every time I needed anything and was so professional and accommodating, not to mention always pleasant! He handled every request with a smile and was extremely knowledgeable not only about the hotel but also about the local restaurants. We ate at Juniper for one dinner and one breakfast and the food was delicious, but the service was even better. Being in the hospitality industry I can be very critical but I honestly could not have been more pleased with my stay. The hotel is very clean, the sheets soft, the bed so comfortable, fluffy pillows, terrific location, incredible service, amazing lake view - what more could you possibly ask for?

Room Tip: We had a king corner suite and the lake view was fabulous.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Vermont

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I saw the great reviews on Hotel Vermont when I was about to book the Marriott! I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels and hold high expectations. I figured I would give this place a shot.

It exceeded all of my expectations. The hotel is extremely clean, has the "natural" and "organic" feel to it, and has a pretty popular and great tasting restaurant/bar directly inside! We decided last minute to bring the dog with us, as the hotel offers 5 pet friendly rooms (so book in advance). They catered to us perfectly, as well as the dog. The gym and the yoga room in the hotel are both so nice. They offer free coffee, sparkling water, and tea on the second floor for any hotel attendee. It's really a truly great spot. Everyone who worked there was also so friendly.

My only complaint, if there had to be one, was the service in the Juniper (really slow). But the food there was still amazing and they are newer so I am sure it will work itself out! We ate dinner at the Hen of the Wood right next to the hotel and it was also amazing - just very small portions so if you're starving, Farmhouse may be a better bet.

Overall, when we come back to Burlington, we will also be back staying at the Hotel Vermont!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed overnight. Loved the feel of the place. Modern with a nod to the country.
Great bar with friendly and knowledgeable bartenders. Also nice to have Hen of The Woods on premise.
Enjoyed the communal services stations on the floors.
AND a great Bloody Mary!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 5 November 2013

we stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights
this is a new hotel and there are some minor thing to improve but I am sure they will
the room and bathroom were clean spacious
the bed was very comfortable
the location is perfect for downtown Burlington
the service was excellent especially Chris who helped us with some problems we had

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank zguby
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I've stayed at resort hotels all over Quebec, NY, and Vermont. I also traveled internationally and have been to pretty darned nice places. Not many have really made me say "WOW.. this is nice" Hotel Vermont made me say that. Just to think.. in downtown Burlington. What a fantastic place!!

The check in was easy and seamless with the most friendly welcoming staff. Parking right on the premises at only $8.00 per day. The first impression is a warm, cozy, welcoming feel.

On the way to our room on the third floor we noticed all the nice wooden accents and soft lighting. It felt really rustic without being over done. I don't know if it is intentional or not but there was a hint of wood-smoke throughout the building making it feel like you were at home with the fireplace going.

We entered room and were truly amazed. Every little detail was thought of. Very "rustic modern" We loved the huge shower with sink and opaque glass sliding doors on one side of the entrance and the separate toilet and sink on the other side of the entrance. Once again.. soft lighting.. wood finishes.. warm and cozy.

Upon inspecting the room we noticed that no detail was left out. Right down to the hair dryer being in a burlap sack and the flannel blanket wrapped with a leather strap at the foot of the bed. Heavy real glass, farmer looking drinking glasses, a galvanized steel ice bucket that looks like an old time pail, a real glass water pitcher, and a wooden serving board. Fantastic!! Even the chords to the limps were designed to look like they were from an old farmhouse.

My girlfriend noticed right away the organic soaps in the shower and thought they were really lovely when she used them. I was cool with them!!

They had a lovely coffee / tea bar at the end of the hallway near the elevators with several selections of coffees and artisan teas. The drinking water was fresh and didn't taste at all like "city water".

The bed was comfortable with great pillows and we both got a great nights sleep.

We had breakfast at Juniper. What a beautiful place. The reclaimed wood flooring and wood accents were a great tough. Breakfast was out of this world. Who knew scrambled eggs and bacon could be so delicious!!

I just can't say enough good things about this place. Whenever I go to Burlington this will be the place I'm staying. I can imagine very soon I'll have to be making my reservations early because when word gets out about this place it'll be booked to capacity all the time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 778rayw
Hans v, General Manager at Hotel Vermont, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you very much for your extremely detailed and thoughtful review. We are very happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time and that the little touches and details were appreciated.
Hope we will see you back soon. Happy holidays.

Hans van Wees
Hotel Vermont

Reviewed 2 November 2013

After reading a few other reviews on various sites about this hotel, I must say it was better than I could have imagined.

Parking- You can pull up next to the hotel and have your car parked by a valet (for an extra price) or park yourself in the garage right next to the hotel for a price of $8/night. I wasn't a big fan of the fact that we had to pay to park, but they add it to the hotel expense when you checkout, so it wasn't an extra hassle, and a small price to pay considering we didn't use our car the entire time we were staying in Burlington.

Check in/hotel lobby- Really easy, no snags. Our incredibly friendly service attendant informed us that they upgraded us to a King Suite on the 6th floor, which was cool. There were vintage-looking bikes in the lobby that you could borrow if you wanted to travel by bike, as well as a few pumpkins and a barrel of apples free for the taking. The lounge area by the fireplace had some comfy seating and a cabinet of games and books.

Food- We didn't eat at Juniper or Hen of The Wood, after looking at both menus we decided to eat elsewhere (Sweetwaters, Penny Cluse, Vermont Pub & Brewing, Pizzeria Veritas, Pearl St Diner) but both restaurants looked fun. Outside of Juniper on hotel property there is an outdoor fireplace, which is also a cool perk. You don't need to be a customer of Juniper to be out there, it is accessible for hotel guests.

Our Room- Our upgrade gave us a decent view of Lake Champlain off to the side. I'm guessing it was a better view than the other side of the hotel, and the further back your room is, the easier it is to see. The room was unique- perfect for our taste. You were provided with a carafe for water, two drinking glasses, two mugs, and a bucket for ice all displayed nicely on a Vermont butcher block, to be used at the community pantry on your floor. The pantry is a fun idea- we met some good-natured neighbors on our floor running in to them when getting coffee, tea, or water. During our stay there was a cheese plate put out before dinner for guests to munch on, which may not always be there but it was great just the same.
The room comes with a pair of flannel robes from Vermont Flannel Company- we wore them whenever we were in the room, so comfortable. The bed was comfortable and we loved the under the bed lighting as well as the wooden headboard and lamps. Around 7PM Hen of the Wood provides "sweet treats" turndown service where someone from the restaurant delivers treat samples to each room.
The heat/AC is easily managed in your room, however, if you are a light sleeper or you are bothered by white noise then you might have a hard time falling asleep due to the noise of the eco-fans that turn on and off to keep the heat regulated. I wasn't bothered by them at all and neither was my boyfriend. The hotel will also provide an HDMI cord so you can connect your laptop to the tv and watch Netfllix if you have it.

Overall, we would go back in a hearbeat and have excitedly told our friends and family how great of a stay it was. For our experience, the sort-of pricey rooms are completely worth it! We even got to look at the Mt. Philo Suite which was HUGE and had a whirpool tub and a bunch of other perks.

Room Tip: 6th floor is awesome, Cherry St Side is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our second stay at the Hotel Vermont and we look forward to our next stay. Our room was so quiet and comfortable. There was a great view of Lake Champlain from the soaking tub which was a great and relaxing treat after a cool fall day. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and welcoming. The bed is so comfortable. It is so convenient to have coffee, tea, and water available just steps away from the room. You cannot beat the location as it is just a short walk to everything. We parked our car upon arrival and did not need it until our departure. The hotel embodies the spirit of Vermont.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Hotel Vermont? Share your experiences!