“So "wowed" the 1st time, going back in 2 weeks!!”
Review of Hotel Vermont

Hotel Vermont
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The ladies in my wedding took me here for a surprise bachelorette weekend, and what a treat it was!! From the moment we arrived we were delighted by even the smallest details. A young man met us at the curb, ready to valet our car and help with any luggage. Upon walking into the lobby, you know this isn't your run-of-the-mill hotel: a wall of galvanized buckets held bouquets of fresh seasonal flowers (that day it was geraniums...I saw pictures with tulips from the spring, etc), a row of vintage bicycles ready for use lined another wall of the lobby.

We were staying on the 6th floor and before we even got to the room we were thoroughly impressed. Upon exiting the elevator, directly in front of us was a "community welcome space": coffee machine, fresh fruit, locally made nut mix, bags of ice in a small freezer (no need to line a plastic tub and get it yourself!!) and a water dispenser that had both flat and sparkling water available! The nicest touch was the note saying that these items were in the hall so everyone could get to know their neighbors. Such a lovely touch in this world where no one says hello to the same faces they see in passing each day!

When we got into the room we gasped at the view of Lake Champlain! How beautiful it was!! My girls truly went above and beyond, and I could tell they were excited and could relax knowing they made the right choice!

The wonderful service provided by the staff is untouched! Offering to make us dinner or brunch reservations at either of their restaurants: Juniper or Hen of the Woods was just the start. When we left for a walk they asked if we wanted the bed turned down or the trundle bed made up. We said after dinner would be fine. They paid attention and the timing was perfect! We returned from our walk and went to our room to change for dinner, we ate at Juniper right in the hotel, and when we went upstairs after dinner, the trundle bed had been made and there was a small treat on our pillow: 3 locally made caramels!

The food and drink at Juniper were amazing. We had dinner and brunch, and enjoyed the cocktails all day (it was a bachelorette party after all!) 3 words: lemon ginger martini!! They shake it so well that it almost has a layer of slush on top....which for some Martinez wouldn't work but for this one,, it made it taste like a melted Italian ice!! Yum!! I may have had 10 of those over the 2 days we were there.

The hotel is located a short 5 minute walk right up to Church St (pedestrian walkway in the center of town), and while we opted for valet service for the weekend, we never even needed the car until we departed! If you are there on a Saturday morning, definitely take in the farmers market that is right off of church street in the park. Wonderful food, fantastic artists and just a great time!

When leaving the hotel, the 3 of us decided we needed to have an anniversary bachelorette weekend every year and stay there!

I have been thinking about returning ASAP and when our original honeymoon plans fell through last minute (2 weeks before honeymoon!! I was not a pretty sight!) I knew exactly where we should go: Hotel Vermont! We will be returning in just 2 weeks to celebrate the first half of our honeymoon. I can't wait for my *Husband* to experience all they have!! Thank you so much Hans and staff, you are truly a delight!!

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view of Lake Champlain it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie B

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent three nights here in June. The hotel is a short walk to the Church street walking mall and a short walk to the Lake -- great location. The rooms are large, with a fantastically comfortable bed. Our room had a toilet room and a shower room -- separated -- which helped avoid the morning traffic jam. (Note, a bathtub would have created a sense of luxury in the rooms and I would expect that and robes for the price paid. Sigh!) FANTASTIC fitness room with a studio and mats for stretches/yoga, weights and cardio equipment. Decor is a modern spartan with homey Vermont touches, and this works well together. The central coffee/tea/fruit/water service area near the elevators on each floor is a great idea. Top quality coffee and tea, with an opportunity to say hi to fellow traverlers. Wish I had had opportunity to give the bicycles a test run in this beautiful city! Restaurant is over-priced and underwhelming. Walk up the streat to the Penny Cluse cafe for breakfast instead.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that end with 03 to avoid noise from the bar terrace.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Last minute trip to Burlington Vermont.
A one night stay in the heart of downtown Burlington.
Great location and walking distance to shopping,dining and sight seeing.
We had a corner room with a view of Lake Champlain.

Hotel staff were great.
I left a shirt behing in the room and they promptlyshipped it back to me a no charge.

With the location of the hotel it's a shame they don't have a roof deck so views of the lake and sunset could be enjoyed.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the parking garage so make sure you clarify this when bookin your room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for my first visit to Burlington, and would definitely stay here again. Not luxurious, but comfortable, terrific contemporary design that perfectly fit the Vermont rustic environment. Good location, easy walking to the lake and shopping, and right next door to the incredible Hen of the Woods restaurant. Friendly, helpful staff...it was a hit with me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved staying at Hotel Vermont and were sad to leave. The room was spotless, the view was amazing and the location is unbeatable. We loved the mineral water dispenser just outside our room and the gym was the cleanest I've ever seen.

I and my three boys were greeted with great enthusiasm at the bar in the restaurant 'Juniper' for the World Cup game and they treated the kids like royalty.

The staff worked hard to both give us a lake view and make certain we could comfortably and economically fit in one room. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Winniethefred
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My 2 children and I stayed here after a multi-day bicycle trip in Vermont.

From the moment we walked we were treated great.

They locked up 2 of our bikes and put my expensive bike in the manager's office.

The bell service offered great suggestions for a few cool local spots to check out.

The hotel is a beautiful design hotel with the motto of 'Modern and Rustic'.
Clean design and comfort together.

We had one small issue and the management took care of it swiftly.

I would highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our first time staying at Hotel Vermont. What a nice experience! It is unlike any other hotel where we've stayed. The staff is so friendly and eager to make your stay enjoyable.

The hotel is energy efficient and strives to be greener than your typical hotel. We loved the filtered water and sparkling water dispenser in the common area for our floor. You get your own bottle to fill. There's also a Keurig coffee maker. You have coffee mugs in your room to use.

The bed was comfortable. I got warm with the down comforter on the bed but my husband loved it. It was spotless and exceeded my expectations. Definitely worth the money!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa

Been to Hotel Vermont? Share your experiences!