Spent 2 nights here- a Sunday & Monday. I had booked on line directly through the hotel for a top floor- (queen & double bed I believe). When we arrived to check in there was some kind of issue with the reservation & I was thinking - Oh no, they don't have us in the system. The manager was called over (sorry I don't recall names) and i believe he said there was an overbooking and the room I reserved wasnt available but he was going to do something that would "make us very happy" and he DID. It was a city view (looked across at the courthouse which was closed anyway on Sunday) but it was not anything horrible to look at. It was an enormous suite with a living room, sofa with pullout, TV, a dining table, beautiful little kitchen area with sink, microwave and little fridge, a separate giant bedroom. He said it was 2x the size of the room we were supposed to have. Also bought us a round of drinks while we waited a half hour for suite to be ready.
So to make this short:
1. Staff: helpful, friendly, knowledgeable & professional. A really superior staff.
2. Room: it was a suite like I said so it was large, immaculate, decorated beautifully. Also a small detail that I liked- 2 outlets above the bedside table to charge your electronics conveniently.
3. Location: we had never been to Burlington so very happy this hotel is a couple of minutes one way to the lake and a couple of minutes the other to shopping & restaurants on Church street.
4. Amenities: they have a beautiful coffee station by the elevator with GOOD coffee. Also sparkling or regular water and one day they put out a basket of delicious plums. Also bagged ice! Just grab a bag of ice for your drinks or cooler. Beautiful, small gym with great equipment too.
5. Restaurant (Juniper) is in the lobby area with a bar too. I didn't have high expectations for a hotel restaurant really but we were going to have breakfast there for convenience. It was AMAZING. Delicious, fresh, I can't even think of more adjectives that say AWESOME. My husband and son went down later the 2nd night to grab a burger & he could not stop raving about it.
1. The shampoo, conditioner & shower gel dispenser were in an awkward spot in the shower & hard to pump out the one closest to the wall. I think separate little bottles would be better. But that's it for Cons.
Obviously, loved, loved, loved this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vermont is downtown Burlington's new independent LEED Certified hotel. Hotel Vermont offers 125 guest bedrooms, 2,700 square feet of function space, and two outdoor terraces with views of Lake Champlain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Vermont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.