“Very disappointing...”

Revolution Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 237 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Fusion, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Darien, Connecticut
“Very disappointing...”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The locals seem impressed but we were not..

Service was glacially slow. An hour between appetizer and entree? Inattentive wait staff could have reassured us that our dinner was coming but never did so til we asked.

As for the food... Scallion pancakes were OK but the pad Thai was overpowered by duck sauce. Seitan sautée was like meatloaf (and not in a good way). The highly regarded banana cream pie was dense and heavy instead of fluffy and light.

On the plus side... nice decor, open kitchen and interesting eclectic mix of diners.

Dinner for 2 w one glass of Sangria took more than 2 hours and cost $100.

1 Thank Cameron06820

“Made For A Great Birthday Dinner!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My boyfriend and I made dinner reservations at Revolution Kitchen for my birthday. I tend to eat pretty healthy, and generally avoid gluten and dairy in my diet, so I was intrigued by Revolution's gluten-free and vegan friendly menu options. I'm glad that I made the choice to check them out, the food was amazing! I had read some reviews of people saying that they thought the food was on the bland side, but my boyfriend and I didn't find that to be the case at all. We both cook a lot at home, and love to play around with unique, bold flavors and ingredients, often making dishes inspired by Asian, Indian, or Mexican cuisine. We weren't left with that feeling that we could have easily made something better at home (which I've been left with at some restaurants before and it is a huge bummer). I ordered the Laksa Noodle Pot and my boyfriend ordered one of the Ravioli specials. The only issue we really had was the the ravioli serving was fairly small, though ravioli dishes do often tend to be small in restaurants. I ended up sharing some of my noodles with my boyfriend since there was plenty there for me, and I planned on getting a slice of cake. When the time did come to order dessert I was pleased to find that they had four options that were both vegan and gluten-free. I chose the vanilla maple cake and was blown away by how amazing it was! A truly heavenly experience in that slice of cake.

Essentially it is a fantastic restaurant, run by friendly people, and is a great option for the vegan and gluten-free crowd. The only drawback is that if you are a person with a large appetite you may find some of the dishes to be smaller than you may have preferred, especially given the price per entree ($17-18, which seems to be pretty standard pricing for Burlington restaurants). I would certainly say it is worth checking out though, and I, for one, plan on going back when visiting Burlington in the future.

Upstate NY
“excellent vegetarian”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family loves meat but on this night, we wanted to give this place a try when we saw the reviews of this place on Tripadvisor and Yelp. We were not disappointed. The decor of the restaurant was quite cute. We had their daily ravioli with wild mushroom, curry noodle dish, vegetable stir fry and their black bean burger. They were all excellent! Incredibly flavorful. The owners came around and chit chatted with us and they seemed genuinely interested in food and cooking. We had a great time.

1 Thank T.B.Patriot
Meriden, New Hampshire
“Great, interesting vegetarian menu”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited last weekend and found the menu to be very interesting. Not a lot of choices, but the choices they had made it difficult to choose just one entree. Four people, four different dinners, and everyone left happy! Only complaint...restaurant was very warm even though air conditions were working

Visited June 2014
Burlington, Vermont, United States
“Best desserts I have ever had!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I live in Burlington and dine out often, but just never went to Revolution Kitchen. The interior is small, but cozy with exposed brick walls. It was a humid night and the air conditioning should have been turned on.Our waiter was professional,friendly and quite helpful with the menu and the wine selection. The nachos were very inventive and delicious. We each enjoyed our meals,good size servings and loaded with vegetables. The highlight of the evening were our desserts. I had the cake with maple,pecan icing and my husband had the coconut cream pie. We both were in heaven. Major kudos to the restaurant's baker. We will return to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014