“Nice view”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Burlington, Vermont
“Nice view”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I thought the room was ok.. Could be better for the rate. My biggest complaint was the amount of visible dust and that when showering water leaked on to the bathroom floor. Minor things were that the glasses were dirty and for the size of the room it only had a 32" TV.. Easy ck in and out.. We had a limited view but still could view the lake which was nice. I'd stay again

Room Tip: Choose a corner room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristianKuzia, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Harbor, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Msandvp,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us. I will be sure to disucss your comments with our housekeeping staff, to ensure we continue to hold high standards in our guest rooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Christian Kuzia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The folks at the front desk were very nice. The room overlooked a parking lot. It had cheap fixtures, and was "just ok". For over $200/night, I thought it would be nicer. It was nice to be downtown, and close to all my appointments. However, I think next time I would stay somewhere on the outskirts and just drive in. It wasn't worth the money to me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MtHopper
Dear MtHopper,

I do apologize that we were not able to meet your expecations during your stay. It is our goal to provide guests with an enjoyable expereince. I would welcome a discussion regarding your stay, to see what areas in which we could approve. I can be reached at 802-864-4700, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Warm Regards,

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Never actually got to stay here.

Tried to get a room at 5:30 in the morning after a work shift, visiting friends in the city. Walked in alone, tried to book here is how to went down;

I inquired about a room to which Tom at the front desk was totally responsive and friendly - we even exchanged small chat about his home town and mutual people we know. He told me it would be fairly pricey, but given the time I said I understood, and would go check with my friends and be right back up to book! I was so happy to have a room, knowing there were a few events in Burlington that weekend!

Return less than 5 minutes later, with my two friends, all of our luggage, and was like Tom we have a deal - let's book it! And he cowardly goes, "uhh that room is full, we are completely occupied tonight - try Hotel Vermont".

To which I was curious and asked for an explanation - he wouldn't give one, just simply said nope were full - judging the looks of the three of us at the given time. When I asked for his last name so I could call corporate he just kept saying "uhh it's Tom, just Tom". 100% discrimination, after he had been happy to help me book, and then saw us and said absolutely not.

I hold a preferred membership with Marriott Courtyards (Starwood preferred guest) and stay at them all over the country as I travel lengthy distances for business. Never have I once been treated so rudely and flat out discriminated against. I am in the process of filing a claim with Marriott Corporate (to which I know two very higher ups) which they are responding very positively. Tom from Torrington, CT at the front desk, will certainly not be surprised when he is asked for an explanation of this. I also have been in touch with the Burlington Police Department in order to resolve this, and see if this will be considered a discrimination case against us.

I wouldn't waste your time at this Marriott - shocking considering every other Marriott branch I have stayed at, has been great. Must be a fluke in the system. The area is littered with hotels - find a new one if you want to be treated right, and stand up for those who aren't.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Sarah B
ChristianKuzia, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Harbor, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may speak further.

Warm Reagrds,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visiting family in Burlington many times we have stayed at several of the hotels in the area and this is one of the best. It's newer construction and hence more modern than some of the other options, though it is sometimes over-priced since it is "on the lake." (The way it is situated there are many rooms that do not have views of the lake.) But the location still can't be beat because you can walk to all the downtown attractions. We especially love the Farmer's Market nearby on Saturdays. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed, The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I'd stay here more often if the price were just a bit lower.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Quechee, Vermont
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times. We are always struck by the views of the Lake from our room -- majestic. The hotel is comfortable but not elegant. The staff is exceedingly polite, helpful and efficient. The location -- near Burlington's outdoor mall, Church Street, city hall, the federal court, city library, City Market and many other attractions. The restaurant is being remodeled. The bar is small. Breakfast is usually included with the room.
Overall it is the best place to stay on the waterfront.

Room Tip: A room on the lake side is a must.
Green Features: The mens bathroom on the first floor contain waterless latrine; don't know about the women's.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Can't say enough about this hotel. It's a very nice property in a great location, close to the Lake and all the activities on Church. Lots of good things to say about the property - nicely appointed, touches of VT in the food offerings, very comfortable, etc. - but I was struck by just how good the staff was during my stay. There is construction going on in the hotel, particularly in the dining area. A challenge, but the staff was very helpful and made all the arrangements necessary to be sure guests' stay go off without a hitch.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Courtice, Ontario
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We drove to Burlington for some shopping after a few nights in Stowe. There was a major snow storm and many shops closed early. Luckily, we had a great hotel! First thing the kids noticed at the front desk? Cookies! When we arrived, we decided to upgrade our reservation. The front desk was very helpful with this and we were soon in a one bedroom suite with kitchenette and living area with a pullout couch for the kids. The hotel restaurant was undergoing renovations, but no matter as there are plenty of good restaurants nearby. The bar/ lounge area near the lobby is comfortable with a fireplace. Everyone was friendly, the beds were comfortable, there is coffee available in the morning, the valet service is reasonably priced (you can take your car in and out as needed), the pool is open relatively late (the kids love that), the internet service is included and pretty fast, Best of all? We had a suite for the same price as a room at the Hotel Vermont next door. We look forward to returning in the summer as we understand that the view of the harbour is fantastic but we saw only snow on our visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Courtyard Burlington Harbor? Share your experiences!