“Pretty good BBQ and I'm from the south”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Fatty's Pit BBQ - CLOSED

Big Fatty's Pit BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
birmingham alabama
“Pretty good BBQ and I'm from the south”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

So their slogan is "South in ya mouth" and they did a great job. Being from the south I can say that they did a great job while it obviously can't compete with our BBQ it was quite good. Great job guys :)

• Visited January 2014

Willoughby, Ohio
“The meal was very good for what I got. Iwould glady eat their again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The food and service was very good . It was very clean and easy to find. I would come her for lunch any time I am in Burlington Vt.

• Visited July 2013
Essex, Vermont
“Hit or Miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My office is located close by so I grab a quick meal here several times a month. Some days the pork is out of this world and other days it is dry, flavorless and not remotely close to BBQ. The service is hit or miss, also. The male staff member who is there, more often than not, at lunch time has a lot to be desired. He is borderline rude: does not reply to a simple "hi", and acts totally put out that he has to fill an order. He is like that with everyone so I don't take it personally, but it is poor customer service practice. Furthermore, this place is suppose to stay open until 9:00 on Friday nights. Last Friday I stopped by at 7:15 and the staff had the doors locked and the mop bucket out front. They stood there goofing off with each other with blank expressions on their faces while I tried to open the door. But not one of them made an effort to come to the door Not cool! If you hit it just right you'll get an OK meal for a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2014
Woodstock, Vermont
“Terrific BBQ in Burlington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We treated our son and daughter in law and grandchildren to a meal at Big Fattys and it was terrific. We ordered the big meat special which includes a full rack, 2 half chickens, lots of pulled pork and bbq sauce. The girls wanted mac and cheese. We also ordered hush puppies and cole slaw. All this washed down with Switchback drafts. A portion of the ribs was a little dry and there were some clumped together dry strands of pork but these were small issues in light of the overall taste and presentation. The choice of homemade sauces were delicious and we all had a really good time. Total for six was $85 and included beers, etc. I love casual places with personable staff, warm wooden interiors and good beer. This BBQ place is as good as any I have been to, save Charlie Vergo's Rendezvous in Memphis. Since this meal I have been into Big Fattys for lunch twice and the pulled pork sandwiches have been excellent, tender and tasty.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Travelcrow
Columbus, Ohio
“Great value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Went in on a Friday on a friends recommendation, she was with us too. Ordered a pound of the pork with 8 oz of slaw, no bun needed for me. My fiancée got a dog with the Mac and cheese and slaw for her sides. Our friends got the 8oz pork with slaw and the other the gator sausage with greens. The hot dog was average, but the mac and cheese was good she said. She did not like the cole slaw, neither did one other friend. I enjoyed it, I mixed it with the pork and inhaled it all even though some of the pork was dry. The sauces they have are very good. The gator sausage was spicy and delicious. The one friend who ordered the pork said hers was dry as well. She said they were having an off day as she eats there regularly and usually it is spot on.

• Visited September 2013