254 South Union Street Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Burlington
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vermont(Burlington)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
View Hotel
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate entranceyogurtgranola barsb brode our bikesgreat showercomfy roommodern amenitiesold housepark your carcoffee machinecookiesguesthousesuitelinensdowntownprivacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2012

As a Guest House, 2 of the 4 rooms in this establishment can only be accessed from the exterior of the house with no ability to enter the house itself. The benefit of this is you can come and go as you please without disturbing or interacting with anyone else on the premises. This was more similar to having a hotel room with an individual entrance. The drawback is we didn't get to experience any of the character of the rest of the house's interior. Perhaps the guests in the two rooms accessed through the interior of the house would have a different experience. I wouldn't suggest you stay here if you are looking for a bed and breakfast experience. There is a continental breakfast provided in your room and is referred to as your "welcome snack."

I would also suggest that the owners coordinate greeting their guests a bit better or have an outside lock box w/ a combination lock so that arriving guests staying in one of the rooms accessed through the house can get into their room at the agreed upon time of arrival. I realized the owners were away during my stay and I told them of my arrival time. As instructed I called their son and left a message that I was arriving. I met another couple in the driveway who were scheduled to arrive almost an hour before me and we waited for over an hour after our arrival time for the owners son to come and greet us. Luckily my room was accessed from the porch and was unlocked so I could get in while I waited. The other couple had nothing to do but sit in the driveway as their room was accessed from the inside and the house was locked.

All of this aside, the room a friend and I had for 1 night was nicely appointed with a comfortable bed, gas fireplace, stylish bathroom and ample snacks of crackers and cheese and granola bars with a Keurig for making tea or coffee. Additional granola, yogurt and juice were supplied for breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want to feel a part of the house ask for a room that is accessed through the house but clarify whether someone will be there when you arrive to let you in. If you prefer to come and go as you please without having access to the owners or other guests, ask for a room that is accessed from an outside door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Enfieldwatersprite
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed in the guest house from 9/19-9/21/2012. It is a very quiet, very private house with nice accommodations and plenty of character. The room we stayed in is entered from the wrap around porch on the side of the house, which was very private. You can come and go without disturbing anyone else. The room was average size with a very nice private bath. The bed was very comfortable. The "continental" style breakfast was plenty for us & the Keurig coffee maker in the room was an added bonus! The house is close enough to walk to everywhere in downtown Burlington, including Church Street. If you are looking for a non-traditional accommodation, this is perfect!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a bike tour of Vermont fall through so we had planned to return home but decided that we would try to salvage our time off and headed to Burlington. We trusted Trip Advisor reviews to guide our trip. Our stay at the 254 S. Union St confirmed our trust. We stayed in the Master Bedroom and it exceeded expectations. The suite included bedroom and a seperate living room with TV, desk, couch and chair. The bathroom had the most modern fixtures and was incredibly clean. The minimal breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Master bedroom is great
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed with Bill for two nights and really enjoyed our experience. The room was nicely appointed- the whole place felt very private & comfortable. South Union is a good location- walking distance to some very nice restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 22 August 2012

After discovering that most of Burlington hotels and B&Bs were booked throughout most of the summer, we were surprised and happy to find this Guesthouse available. We stayed in the Suite which was a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment really. Full eat in kitchen, private porch, a queen size bed and a pull out couch. All was extremely clean, and very comfortable. Although this cost a little more than other B&Bs in town we felt it was worth it for the walkable location and the comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends