“Inexpensive no frills motel”
Review of Ethan Allen Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Ethan Allen Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Providence, RI
“Inexpensive no frills motel”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here for a night with a friend. The place is no frills, but perfect for people looking for an inexpensive place to stay near Burlington. It's right on Rt 2, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Burlington. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean (though it smelled a bit musty, but turning the AC on for a bit took care of that). The staff was friendly and accommodating. The key they gave me at first didn't work, so they sent me with a second one and one of the staff came out to make sure it got me in. The cleaning staff was super friendly as well. I didn't get to use the pool, but that was clean, too. If I need an inexpensive place to stay in the Burlington area, this will be my first choice (I've stayed in other cheap chain motels, that I won't name, in the area that were not at all comfortable and not very clean or friendly).

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the 2 story brick building. I hear the rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank RunawayJimPVD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We felt this was a great value - has everything you need, nothing you don't. Not the Hilton, just a well-kept-up Mom & Pop type place in a convenient location just outside the town center. Our room was very large, clean, and surprisingly well furnished - tv, internet, refrig, table & desk, two queen beds, large closet, suitcase stand, etc - amazing value for the price. Only quibble would be we heard some late-night noise from upstairs, but that died down and ultimately did not prevent us from getting a good sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JMD_and_LFD
Webster
Reviewed 22 August 2011

All we needed was a base of operations - and someplace with a kitchen. Some rooms were dated and worn; others were newer and pretty nice actually. I'm not hard to please, but for those who have a little higher standard - ask for the two story building.

The price was outstanding for Burlington, and we had a three-night stay, so price was very important. Mattresses appeared to be very new, but the carpeting was worn, stained in some rooms, and did not smell so good in others.

The people that we encountered, however, were the best! Very nice, and I hate to actually say anything negative about the hotel as a result. But the older buildings do need some attention.

But regardless, we took up four rooms total. As I said, the two story building is newer and there were no complaints at all from those who stayed there. The kitchens are in the older buildings and unless you are very tolerant, I can't really recommend these. We all had a great time, however. The pool was clean and our favorite gathering place at the end of the hot day.

And the cleaning staff is to be very highly commended! Hard working and they really pull the place together the best they can.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the two story building - unless you need kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cbbax14
Barrington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The Ethan Allen is the perfect place to stay for people who:
-like to travel on a budget
-appreciate charm and character
-have a distaste for fake, chain hotels with cheap "amenities" to lure you in
-want to be right down the road from Higher Ground

We stayed here while up in Burlington to see a show at Higher Ground. The rooms are motor lodge style, all one story, with entrances to the outside facing the central parking lot and pool. The place is quaint and filled with character, the staff was quirky and friendly and the rooms were quiet, clean and old-timey. We loved the uniqueness of the place and will be staying here every time we head up to Higher Ground or the general Burlington area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank allison j
Blainville, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2011

bed VERY uncomfortable, dirty, smelly, air conditioning noisy, dark and small room .... no never again!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sylviemorissette
Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This review is written in July 2011. Why do I say that? Because... if there's no updating done at the Ethan Allen in the next year or two, this review might be wrong.

Right off the bat, the price is right. The area didn't feel bad, the motel didn't give me any bad vibes... until the cops showed up. Someone in the room next to ours was questioned by the cops over something. Perhaps nothing, but you really don't like to see cops coming to your motel. Next... the bathroom counter was starting to come apart. Nothing terrible, not a great tragedy, still usable. This is a vintage motel. Pure 1950's, great neon sign out front. However, there's little things here and there that worry me, worry me that perhaps the owners are losing interest. ...like when we tried to turn on the A/C unit (in window) and it's cover fell off and on to the floor. It had been taped on. The bathroom counter laminate coming apart at the seams. Yep, I know that it's not cheap to run a motel, and upkeep is hard, so I hope it's just temporary things and not a sign that the motel will be a craphole in the next couple years.

For now though... I'd stay again, and it does have a certain retro charm to it. We slept well, the room seemed clean. Oh, and I'd feel better if the owners would add curtains to the transom window. It would increase the feeling of privacy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Roadside_US
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here on Columbus Day Weekend . The staff was the best, the room was great, loved the kitchen. I don't always like sitting in a restaurant, was nice to cook a meal get into my PJs and enjoy the night.

We will certainly be back again.

Price is great, the employees are the best and the locaton is wonderful. This is the best for your dollar.

The gentleman at the front desk was exactly that a "Gentleman" a true Vermonter.................We will be back.

Thanks Mr. & Mrs Jeffrey K. Crowley, Enfield, CT

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank skibum4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington

Been to Ethan Allen Motel? Share your experiences!