“A good back-up plan.”
Review of Ethan Allen Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Ethan Allen Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Not my first choice or the fanciest motel I've ever stayed at. I came here because every other place in town was full. Room #34. Two double beds and a small bathroom. TV and Wi-Fi. Quiet and clean. Paid $75.00 plus tax. I'd stay here again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed one night while moving daughter to UVM. Located on the east side of Burlington close to airport; 10 minute ride to downtown. David and staff very friendly and helpful. The motel room was clean and quiet; no smoke issues. Room is sparse, but had comfortable Queen bed, frig, cable TV, phone, AC. Best feature was the 40' outdoor pool (5' max. depth). No meals provided; coffee is in the office. Save your bucks by staying here and eat downtown.

Room Tip: East side rooms available on two stories. West and south side are one level; park right in front of...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank map-reader_man
Reviewed 1 October 2011

For just under 100.00 we got filthy carpets (I hated to take my shoes off). The room smelled dirty and musty. The paint was peeling off the bathtub (yes the bathtub had been painted inside). The bed sagged in the middle and was uncomfortable. The bath towles were the best part of the room. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tina201157385
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here for a night with a friend. The place is no frills, but perfect for people looking for an inexpensive place to stay near Burlington. It's right on Rt 2, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Burlington. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean (though it smelled a bit musty, but turning the AC on for a bit took care of that). The staff was friendly and accommodating. The key they gave me at first didn't work, so they sent me with a second one and one of the staff came out to make sure it got me in. The cleaning staff was super friendly as well. I didn't get to use the pool, but that was clean, too. If I need an inexpensive place to stay in the Burlington area, this will be my first choice (I've stayed in other cheap chain motels, that I won't name, in the area that were not at all comfortable and not very clean or friendly).

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the 2 story brick building. I hear the rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank RunawayJimPVD
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We felt this was a great value - has everything you need, nothing you don't. Not the Hilton, just a well-kept-up Mom & Pop type place in a convenient location just outside the town center. Our room was very large, clean, and surprisingly well furnished - tv, internet, refrig, table & desk, two queen beds, large closet, suitcase stand, etc - amazing value for the price. Only quibble would be we heard some late-night noise from upstairs, but that died down and ultimately did not prevent us from getting a good sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JMD_and_LFD
Reviewed 22 August 2011

All we needed was a base of operations - and someplace with a kitchen. Some rooms were dated and worn; others were newer and pretty nice actually. I'm not hard to please, but for those who have a little higher standard - ask for the two story building.

The price was outstanding for Burlington, and we had a three-night stay, so price was very important. Mattresses appeared to be very new, but the carpeting was worn, stained in some rooms, and did not smell so good in others.

The people that we encountered, however, were the best! Very nice, and I hate to actually say anything negative about the hotel as a result. But the older buildings do need some attention.

But regardless, we took up four rooms total. As I said, the two story building is newer and there were no complaints at all from those who stayed there. The kitchens are in the older buildings and unless you are very tolerant, I can't really recommend these. We all had a great time, however. The pool was clean and our favorite gathering place at the end of the hot day.

And the cleaning staff is to be very highly commended! Hard working and they really pull the place together the best they can.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the two story building - unless you need kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbbax14
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The Ethan Allen is the perfect place to stay for people who:
-like to travel on a budget
-appreciate charm and character
-have a distaste for fake, chain hotels with cheap "amenities" to lure you in
-want to be right down the road from Higher Ground

We stayed here while up in Burlington to see a show at Higher Ground. The rooms are motor lodge style, all one story, with entrances to the outside facing the central parking lot and pool. The place is quaint and filled with character, the staff was quirky and friendly and the rooms were quiet, clean and old-timey. We loved the uniqueness of the place and will be staying here every time we head up to Higher Ground or the general Burlington area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank allison j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Ethan Allen Motel? Share your experiences!